Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Williams is officially upset that three UDFA and one 7th Rounder are better than he is.

Comment

• Not to come to Roy's defense...but truthfully, Romo has been absolutely terrible in probably 60% of his passes to Roy Boy. Time after time I see throws at Roy's knees or behind him, or a few steps over his head. It's Roy's job to catch a lot of those balls thrown, but THEY aren't on the same page, it's not just Roy.
      It shouldn't be this hard to be able to connect with a target as big as Roy, imo, and that falls on Romo. Even with the "lazy route running", and his speed not being the greatest, Romo's got to try to get him the ball.

If they ever get in sync, it's going to be trouble for defenses. Sadly, that may not ever happen it seems.

On to this game....Running the ball, I read that Wade thinks Barber is closer to himself, Garrett really needs to get Choice/Barber involved early and often to establish drives. Felix in space, in one on one opportunities...and let him use his quickness. I don't know what to expect from this game, but it'd be a delight to win.

Comment

• Roy must be pretty stressed out about his lack of production as he has worse acne right now than a 14 year old.

Comment

• Are you ******* serious Roy. We're are winning football games, the team finally seems to have so great chemistry, and you want to start bitching now. That "#2 receiver" has a name, and he's actually been doing things out there on the field. Talk to Tony and Jason man to man, and stop going to the ******* media. I really thought we got rid of this **** last offseason.

Comment

• I haven't liked the comments by Roy either, it's getting very close to the same stuff that bothered me by TO as well, but hey, if Jerry could cut his losses with TO he could and would do the same with Roy if things don't change very soon.

Obviously there has been something wrong with the chemistry with him and Romo, but come on Roy, all that "I just love to win, and I just want to win", yet he's the only one complaining when were 5-2.

I hope Ogletree keeps making strides next off-season.

It's not like he's really lying about the balls, but how about using Miles Austin's name, and how about realizing that this was the same path TO took, so just shut up and play.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• RW needs a group beat down much like TO did. 10 MFers just pounding him with socks filled with sand and telling him to **** and catch the ball ... or another beat down till you can't move without a bottle of pain killers.

And with respect to Romo's bad throws, I have at least 7 balls which hits his hands in stride and simply dropped them or failed to lay out for them.

I am no Romo guy but when your WR is dropping easy passes, not going to the floor to assure a catch, slow off the LOS and running sloppy routes ...... everything Austin avoids which is why he is a TRUE #1. RW is turning into another closet queen like TO. A beeyotch in pads with a pad.

If I could have reached across the camera, I would have gauged his eyes out with my thumbs.
              Last edited by herniateddisc; 11-05-2009, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                Not to come to Roy's defense...but truthfully, Romo has been absolutely terrible in probably 60% of his passes to Roy Boy. Time after time I see throws at Roy's knees or behind him, or a few steps over his head. It's Roy's job to catch a lot of those balls thrown, but THEY aren't on the same page, it's not just Roy.
                It shouldn't be this hard to be able to connect with a target as big as Roy, imo, and that falls on Romo. Even with the "lazy route running", and his speed not being the greatest, Romo's got to try to get him the ball.

If they ever get in sync, it's going to be trouble for defenses. Sadly, that may not ever happen it seems.

On to this game....Running the ball, I read that Wade thinks Barber is closer to himself, Garrett really needs to get Choice/Barber involved early and often to establish drives. Felix in space, in one on one opportunities...and let him use his quickness. I don't know what to expect from this game, but it'd be a delight to win.

How do you explain that Romo has not been off target with the other WRs?
                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                  How do you explain that Romo has not been off target with the other WRs?
                  I'm not trying to explain it, because it's not my job to, Romo to Roy is broken...Is it because everyone else has been in the system for 3+ years? Maybe...I don't know, but they've been targeted more. Romo trusts them, that's fine, it's getting results, but at some point Romo and Roy need to get there. He needs to trust his receiver and let his receiver make a play on the ball, right now he's not doing that. When he does one of two things happen....Romo's not accurate or Roy drops the ball. I don't know what the answer is, I just don't think Roy is this bad....Blame Jerry for overspending, but don't put the entire blame on Roy, because it's not just him.

Comment

• Roy bitching like he did to the media shortens his time here. If he catches some balls and TDs, then his time will be lengthened. It's pretty sad that he's whining while the team is winning, and on a good high streak.
                    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Typical Cowboys fan knee jerk reaction going on in here I see. It's kinda weird to see ya'll dancing around the bon fire with Bob leading the way. lol. Only thing missing is Burns' hatred.

I'm with FreshBoy. I can see with my own eyes that Tony and Roy are not on the same page. Even Romo admitted, saying that's a part of growing with a receiver. So if Romo can admit it and film can back it up...

Practice and timing is what the solution is.

There was once a time when Austin used to drop everything and everyone bashed him. My my my what short memories we have.

Repetition builds Timing builds Trust builds Success.

Not saying they will make an effort to do it, but that is the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        Practice and timing is what the solution is.

There was once a time when Austin used to drop everything and everyone bashed him. My my my what short memories we have.

Repetition builds Timing builds Trust builds Success.

Not saying they will make an effort to do it, but that is the problem.
                        Exactly. On this very board folks were going to crucify Austin for dropping 2-3 balls in KC. The difference I see is Romo stops throwing to Roy if he doesn't get in sync early. Austin was thrown to what? 14 times that game? How many times has Roy been thrown to more than 8 times a game?

Again, I'm not defending Roy. Just it's a two way street here...I just hope they get to clicking because we'll have a helluva a receiving core if we can continue to let Hurd/Ogletree grow...

Comment

• In an attempt to jump start their production, Roy Williams and Tony Romo stayed late after Wednesday's practice to improve their on-field chemistry.

"We worked extra after practice yesterday and we're going to do the same thing today," Williams said. "That'll be our trend for the rest of the year until that light switches over."

That's a good thing but I know some people will say, Why haven't they been doing that all along? Big deal. It's important that they recognize it now and they're doing something about it. Much has been made about what Williams said Wednesday - too much in my opinion - and some have painted him as another Terrell Owens.

"I'm not saying it can't be fixed," Williams said. "That's what we're doing. I'm not a T.O. I'm not trying to be a T.O. I'm happy to win. I've said that a hundred times. I don't understand why people don't say, 'OK.' I'm a football player, and I'm trying to get this thing working."
                          We can end this...well said Roy!

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshBoy! View Post
                            We can end this...well said Roy!
                            Again... Welcome to the forum! :)

Comment

• Well I'll go on record and say that I still have some faith in Roy, but I think some of his comments are condescending towards Miles having a great stretch. He just needs to be careful with his words, because anything he says will be canon fodder for the media and fans. Plus he does sound like he's bitching a bit about some things. Either way he's got enough time to work on things. He hasn't been so bad that he's just a waste of space, and I think that even in the worst case knee jerk scenario he'll still be good for a full season here next year. He just needs to limit his bitching to the media. He should keep anything that can be misconstrued as negative in the locker room. He should know better than to call Miles the "no. 2 guy" when the media is hungry to pounce on something since T.O. isn't tearing it up in Buffalo.
                              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                              ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                                Well I'll go on record and say that I still have some faith in Roy, but I think some of his comments are condescending towards Miles having a great stretch. He just needs to be careful with his words, because anything he says will be canon fodder for the media and fans. Plus he does sound like he's bitching a bit about some things. Either way he's got enough time to work on things. He hasn't been so bad that he's just a waste of space, and I think that even in the worst case knee jerk scenario he'll still be good for a full season here next year. He just needs to limit his bitching to the media. He should keep anything that can be misconstrued as negative in the locker room. He should know better than to call Miles the "no. 2 guy" when the media is hungry to pounce on something since T.O. isn't tearing it up in Buffalo.
                                See that's the thing... WHO CARES? The media is only good if you listen to them. I want a WR who's not fulfilling his potential to stand up and say something. Look, now he's getting extra reps with Romo. Sitting there quiet and ignoring the problems or letting the problems not have an effect on you only continues more problems. Now there's some resolution going on. Squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Like seriously... Do you think Miles Austin is now going to be affected by what Roy said? Boo hoo hoo... He called me #2. :( sob sniff sob.

Come on now. All this is doing is drawing media attention and people are gobbling it up just like they wanted. $$$ Cha-Ching!

We have bigger problems to worry about.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information