Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Romo plays we win (<=1 Turnover).

Tony Turnover plays we lose (>1 Turnover).

First 15 minutes will tell the story of which QB shows up.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      The only people who were bashing Austin(and I'm not sure who was in that group)
      Just about everyone on this Board after his problem in DC 2 years ago and ALWAYS during training camp when the "TO Has Him Under His Wing therefore He Must Be Special" hype came out for the "Perfectly Adequate 3rd WR Sam Hurd." That is to say, guys loving on Hurd while dissing Austin.

I don't know who the exact guys here were on the Hurd (and Stanbeck) band wagon but it was breadthless.

And BTW, I do think Roy has been somewhat prejudiced by bad Romo throws .......... he still is not doing his job though.
      Last edited by herniateddisc; 11-06-2009, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Dallas best in NFL converting 3rd downs

I saw this in the morning ppr, Dallas has a league-best at 3 & outs with 13.2% of the time. Wonder how many of those 3rd down plays were sideline or quick slant passes to Witten? About 95% of them?

Anyone, how does Dallas rank in total offense?

Comment

• ^ Dallas is ranked number 2 in total offense a far as yards are concerned, and they're ranked 6 when it comes to points.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/dallascowbo...stics?team=DAL
          "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
          ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
            Please oh grand pooh bah find my posts lauding how great Roy is. My only positive points were .....

1. Getting him freed us to cut TO (good)
            2. I like his size in getting us first downs and on the goal line (which has not happened)
            3. I thought this year's O would be more grind it out and I thought that would pay benefit in December and January. RW being an important part of grind it out. (TBD)
            4. I like him better than TO in all aspects of the game except break-away speed .... which Austin has anyway.
            5. I thought he would have a 1,000 yard season.

Now ............ given how he has performed (and Austin emerged) I have to say that frankly he sucks so far and has not delivered the steady amount of first downs I expected. All the other crap you write I dunno. You will need to prove that.

And fact is, right now, he is the 4th best WR on the team. Would I have expected that??? No. I expect Roy to be better than Hurd and Crayton and Oggletree.

Would I have expected Austin to be better than Roy?? .... em, yes. I said so repeatedly he had #1 skills and all the dunces on this board laughed so hard until ....... I have also said Carpenter is an excllent 4-3 OLB prospect and is in the wrong spot b/c we have stupid coaches ........ lots of laughs coming but I am right and there are many more points of differentiation from the masses.

So, GaC.

Again, I will take my player personnel calls over anyone on this board. Easy peasy. I am alot smarter than Jerrah and his sycophants because I judge on what I see and not on what contract $$$$ was handed out or what our idiotic Cowboys Blog wants to talk about or what hype machine comes to town.

EDIT ... as if I wrote the article ... .....

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...#leavecomments
            I have neither the desire nor energy to look up posts. I do recall you saying last year that Roy was the best WR on the team, and that he wasn't getting the ball thrown his way enough. Talked about him being a the best route runner, blocker and red zone target. In the midst of your hatred for TO and hatred toward Romo's apparent refusal to use Roy enough, you made it a point to say how good Roy was and gave your best attempts to overglorify him. You kind of danced around it with your 5 points above, but I remember how much of a fan you were.

This is what I recall...

- One time fan of Roy. Now a basher because instead, now you want glory for calling Austin a #1. Flip flop.
            - Liked the trade of Roy because it got rid of TO. Hate the trade because of the cost in draft picks. Flip flop.
            - Bash/Praise Tony depending on his play. Flip flop.
            - Said Romo was best in a WCO.
            - Said Canty is the reason for Ware's lack of production.
            - Said Ware has lost his speed/burst.
            - Wanted to keep Abram Elam, Ryan Fowler, Scott Shanle, Jacques Reeves and said Jerry never develops players...that they go on and perform well for other teams.
            - Said CB Justin King from Penn St. was a shutdown corner like Deion Sanders.
            - Said Ron Brace was better than BJ Raji.

Things you want credit for but won't get it:

- Bobby Carpenter a bad fit for our scheme and a better 4-3 fit. You joined the party on that one.
            - Roy Williams the Safety sucks. Again, we all knew that. The difference is you wanted to bench or cut him, others thought it was too big of a cap hit and it was worth trying to salvage him. Wade played him right by taking him out of sure passing downs. Jerry did the right thing by cutting him later and taking less of a cap hit.

And that's off the top of my head.
            Last edited by D-Unit; 11-06-2009, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
              Well I'll go on record and say that I still have some faith in Roy, but I think some of his comments are condescending towards Miles having a great stretch. He just needs to be careful with his words, because anything he says will be canon fodder for the media and fans. Plus he does sound like he's bitching a bit about some things. Either way he's got enough time to work on things. He hasn't been so bad that he's just a waste of space, and I think that even in the worst case knee jerk scenario he'll still be good for a full season here next year. He just needs to limit his bitching to the media. He should keep anything that can be misconstrued as negative in the locker room. He should know better than to call Miles the "no. 2 guy" when the media is hungry to pounce on something since T.O. isn't tearing it up in Buffalo.
              I live literally right down the road from the Cowboys' practice facility, and drive past it every day to and from work. I pass the media trucks parked along the road there all the time. When I went by early yesterday morning, there was already a huge satellite trucked parked out there (bigger than any I'd seen before), and it was still there when I came home last night. As soon as I saw it, I knew that there was going to be a ton of "Controversy in Big D!" stories.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                I have neither the desire nor energy to look up posts. I do recall you saying last year that Roy was the best WR on the team, and that he wasn't getting the ball thrown his way enough. Talked about him being a the best route runner, blocker and red zone target. In the midst of your hatred for TO and hatred toward Romo's apparent refusal to use Roy enough, you made it a point to say how good Roy was and gave your best attempts to overglorify him. You kind of danced around it with your 5 points above, but I remember how much of a fan you were.

This is what I recall...

- One time fan of Roy. Now a basher because instead, now you want glory for calling Austin a #1. Flip flop.
                - Liked the trade of Roy because it got rid of TO. Hate the trade because of the cost in draft picks. Flip flop.
                - Bash/Praise Tony depending on his play. Flip flop.
                - Said Romo was best in a WCO.
                - Said Canty is the reason for Ware's lack of production.
                - Said Ware has lost his speed/burst.
                - Wanted to keep Abram Elam, Ryan Fowler, Scott Shanle, Jacques Reeves and said Jerry never develops players...that they go on and perform well for other teams.
                - Said CB Justin King from Penn St. was a shutdown corner like Deion Sanders.
                - Said Ron Brace was better than BJ Raji.

Things you want credit for but won't get it:

- Bobby Carpenter a bad fit for our scheme and a better 4-3 fit. You joined the party on that one.
                - Roy Williams the Safety sucks. Again, we all knew that. The difference is you wanted to bench or cut him, others thought it was too big of a cap hit and it was worth trying to salvage him. Wade played him right by taking him out of sure passing downs. Jerry did the right thing by cutting him later and taking less of a cap hit.

And that's off the top of my head.
                Always great when you call someone a liar and tell them to prove their made-up assertions and they reply with "I have no time or desire" to do when the proof is right in the database of threads.

I read your point and they are basically all fabrications at best.

You are entitled to you own opinion but not your own facts.

1) Romo flip flop? Where? I called his problems beginning of 2008 and have soured on him this year b/c I have not seen progress. So he has three good game in October? Glad he is having them but BFD! WCO? Sure, still think it and so do you KH.

2) Roy flip flop? Yeah, I am a Roy lover ..... never was but now I am a Roy hater. He is a lazy bum. It just doesn't take me 5 years to figure it out like it did most of clowns with the previous Roy Williams. Seen enough in 16 games to call him a bust.

3) Carpenter? Hated his pick. Hated Fasano. Hate the way both have been treated and used by a myopic administration.

4) Spencer? Hated him too. Remember Sidney Rice? Brandon Siler? Alexander? Jacoby Ford? Jacoby Jones? Go read the threads from that ddraft.

5) Stanback? McGee? (Give it time)

6) Ware did play ****** and slow. I do think his contract is too long. That is not changing unless you can peeeeeer into the future and tell me where Ware is going to be 3 years from now?

7) Jacque Reeves and Shanle (add Fujita for good measure)? Now I know you are delirious. I hated Reeves and his contract was an outrage anyway so bye bye. Shanle or Fujita I could have cared less also. You are fabricating nonsense.

8) Elam? Sure. Still do. Better than dodo- bird Hamlin.

9) Canty did leave and Ware's production is down. Why is this controversial? Ask me if I pay Canty? No. Olshansky is a poor man's Canty. If Ware is so damn good it should not matter.

10) Fowler is still a better 3-4 ILB than Bradie - who sucks.

11) Brace over Raji ----- I love Brace as a 3-4 NT so mark me down. What has either done to date????????

Back to the drawing board D-Unit. Your posts are fabrications of your mind at worst and misrepresentations at best.

Go back and read. Carefully. Without 1 of your 4 children screaming in your ear. Lord knows my two drive me bonkers some times too.
                Last edited by herniateddisc; 11-06-2009, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• Bob, help us understand you. What do you want from us?

Comment

10) Fowler is still a better 3-4 ILB than Bradie - who sucks.
                    PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE!

And anyway, I know fans (because you, just like all of us, are JUST a fan) love to think they understand the game more than a NFL coach but it doesn't work this way. Wade Phillips has spent his entire life coaching football, he's the son of a great football coach and if you think you know the game - or how to evaluate a player - better than him, well you're just delusional. You think that Carpenter doesn't produce because our coaches our stupid, I think he doesn't produce because he's just a bad player. Sorry if I trust Wade's judgment on a defensive player more than yours.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post

And anyway, I know fans (because you, just like all of us, are JUST a fan) love to think they understand the game more than a NFL coach but it doesn't work this way. Wade Phillips has spent his entire life coaching football, he's the son of a great football coach and if you think you know the game - or how to evaluate a player - better than him, well you're just delusional. You think that Carpenter doesn't produce because our coaches our stupid, I think he doesn't produce because he's just a bad player. Sorry if I trust Wade's judgment on a defensive player more than yours.
                      You're right, let's never discuss our humble (and uninformed) opinions on football again!

Comment

• I did the forum mock and here were my results:

Trade w/ Denver: Tashard Choice and Bradie James for a 2nd round pick

My figuring here was that I could spread my depth as well as replace a slow, one dimensional player with some young talent from the draft.

23. Allen Bailey, DL, Miami

I've liked this guy for a long time and it was between him and Brandon Spikes. Spikes go picked right before my pick so I went with Bailey. This guy would replace DE Marcus Spears at DE soon. Spears may develop into a good rotational player, but that's all the hope I really have for him.

55. Nate Allen, S, South Florida

Allen gives us a boost in the secondary and can push for a starting job immediately. He and Michael Hamlin are talented young DBs who could really develop into big time players IMO.

62. Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee

Williams has lately been a huge force in that flourishing UT defense. He's constantly causing problems for offenses up front despite double teams. Experienced and from the SEC, this guy is going to be a player. Plus, this pick simply makes sure that we have tons of big talented players on the DL.

87. Rico McCoy, LB, Tennessee

This guy has good size and range. He'd be a good player as a 3-4 ILB. He gives us more raw speed and talent as opposed to B. James.

My next pick would've probably been a RB. I admit, my UT bias was a little bit of a factor in my picking both Williams and McCoy but they are both legitimate prospects in positions where we could use some talent.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• You pretty much gave Bradie James away for free.

Dallas could probably land a 3rd round pick for Choice by himself, right now. And with all the 34 teams and James ability, and record of leading our team in tackles year after year and success shown rushing the passer. There would be a pretty decent market if you wanted to move the guy. You gave him away for nothing.

Leaving yourself incredibly raw at ILB.
                          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 11-06-2009, 10:55 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            Bob, help us understand you. What do you want from us?
                            Absolutely nothing. Hope we win Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post

Sidney Rice.

I know Carpenter does not produce b/c our coaches are .... I have seen him play as a rookie and on any other organization who spent a 1st on the kid and saw his development after Ellis got hurt -- he would be playing lots more at his natural position of OLB instead of being miscast as a 3-4 ILB. Fact we compounded that horrid mistake by re-investing another 1 on Spencer ..... Reminds me of the Fasano for Bennett swap. Hated Fasano as a number 2 rounder but once you make the decision and he is a number 2 TE behind a young Pro Bowl Witten why give him away for a bags of balls and then reinvest another second rounder on Bennett. Same on the give MBIII big money and then re-draft 2 RBs to run a committee system. Same as two Kickers. Same as trading for RW given the talent on the bench.

Just throwing away draft picks because we have difficulty evaluating talent, where it goes and where it should not.

(*I would even give points to Meatball if Carp was made an MLB in a 4-3 by this team -- not a good fit but better than 3-4 ILB*)

Enjoy the great Mediterranean weather!
                              Last edited by herniateddisc; 11-07-2009, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Tony Romo plays we win (<=1 Turnover).

Tony Turnover plays we lose (>1 Turnover).

First 15 minutes will tell the story of which QB shows up.
                                Bob has just authenticated my Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde analysis of how Romo rolls. You never know until the 3rd qtr. or that 1st INT which Romo has shown up.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information