Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by E-Man View Post
    I'm going to relish in this win a bit before thinking about Green Bay, but one thing really gets my excited for next week. Aaron Rodgers has been sacked 37 times this season. I can't wait for his beating to come!
    Jesus. I knew the GB O-line had problems, but that's one hell of a number.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Victor Butler is the better player and should be starting over Anthony Spencer.
      I don't know about all that. Butler has come in a couple of times in passing situations and has done decent, but nothing flashy enough to replace a starter like Spencer.

      Spencer still plays the run very very well, and defends RBs and TEs pretty good also. Who the hell knows what Vic Butler would do in coverage.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Victor Butler is the better player and should be starting over Anthony Spencer.
        Wow, Butler wont hold up v the run.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Paul View Post
          Jesus. I knew the GB O-line had problems, but that's one hell of a number.
          The team that plays them, leads the league in sacks for that week, every time just about. They're horrible. Just think, they're actually much, much worse than that line we had when Petitti and Tucker were at the tackle positions. *shutters*

          Thanks BoneKrusher^

          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

          Comment


          • Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
            Wow, Butler wont hold up v the run.
            Because???

            All I know is that in the short time I've seen him play, I'm already more impressed than I ever have been with Spencer. Especially when it comes to pressuring the QB. It's not even close in that regard.

            Comment


            • Yeah, Spencer is actually playing well. Like I said in the other thread and what has been said in here...he's playing the run very well, coverage has been solid, and he is rushing pretty well actually. He's just not bringing the QB down. Not living up to the 1st round billing but, not playing bad either.

              Give it some time with Butler but, you gotta love the growth we've seen already. He has come a long way since the preseason. He is playing extremely fast out there. A big reason for that, though is because, he's basically been a situational pass rusher in mop up duty, he doesnt need to play the run, just rush. If you recall, he was having some problems against the run in preseason.

              Thanks BoneKrusher^

              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

              Comment


              • I got a little scared when Gurode went down. We really need to address OL depth in the draft. I thought Proctor was going to be our starting Center the rest of the year. LOL. Ahhhh!

                Comment


                • I swear I don't understand why Spencer has no sacks this year. He's very good at everything else but sacking the QB. He's been close a few times this season, but having no sacks in 8 games is a little alarming. I only say "a little" because he's played very well at everything else. He can cover both the run and pass pretty damn good. Maybe he's just a......*gulp*........two down player...
                  "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                  ~Nigerian Proverb

                  Da riddum is too much for you.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    I got a little scared when Gurode went down. We really need to address OL depth in the draft. I thought Proctor was going to be our starting Center the rest of the year. LOL. Ahhhh!
                    Did you see the second play for Procter after that wild cat run to start things off? He got freaking destroyed.

                    Thanks BoneKrusher^

                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      Because???

                      All I know is that in the short time I've seen him play, I'm already more impressed than I ever have been with Spencer. Especially when it comes to pressuring the QB. It's not even close in that regard.
                      Well he is small to start.

                      In terms of QB, yeah Butler has more burst.

                      Look I am no Spencer lover but ...

                      Comment


                      • Jerrah Props ... under paying Ratliff. What a steal.

                        4-3 Tackle he would get 12-14 sacks and be Warren Sappish.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          I got a little scared when Gurode went down. We really need to address OL depth in the draft. I thought Proctor was going to be our starting Center the rest of the year. LOL. Ahhhh!
                          Oh lord I nearly cried. Proctor is a no no. I think he might be the worst player on the team.
                          "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                          ~Nigerian Proverb

                          Da riddum is too much for you.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Did you see the second play for Procter after that wild cat run to start things off? He got freaking destroyed.
                            I swear everytime he gets his head up after the snap, he's trying to look for his guy to block not knowing that guy is already behind him.

                            He's pathetic.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                              I swear I don't understand why Spencer has no sacks this year. He's very good at everything else but sacking the QB. He's been close a few times this season, but having no sacks in 8 games is a little alarming. I only say "a little" because he's played very well at everything else. He can cover both the run and pass pretty damn good. Maybe he's just a......*gulp*........two down player...
                              Its puzzling to me, too. He's clearly a good pass rusher, but hasn't gotten all the way there yet. Very strange. I don't think its accurate to call him a two down player, not by a long shot. But eventually if you aren't getting home, there is a problem with what you are doing. He's playing well, though, and Dallas is clearly among the very best in the league at rushing the passer. I can live with his lack of sacks as long as the team is getting them and we are pressuring the opposing QB in general.
                              Originally posted by 21ST
                              He was protecting his self
                              Originally posted by tjsunstein
                              From what? His leg?
                              Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                              That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                              "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

                              DeMarcus Ware

                              Comment


                              • Randy Moss' highest YPC in a season was 19, Miles Austin is at 22.7 right now.


                                Obviously those were with Moss getting alot more targets/catches, but just gives you an idea of how ridiculously high his YPC is right now.


                                Ironically Austin scored on the same play that TO scored on vs Philly in week 2 last year, on TO's 1st TD.





                                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information