Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
      haha.

Interesting goings on in here today.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Bob there's something about you I will never get. Are you a coach or something? Because if you're not a coach (and so you don't have access to coaches' tapes) how can you say that someone was open on a play? As almost anyone might recall, there was a time - like 2 years ago - when I used to make a lot of highlights video. To make one you need to watch a tape over and over again. So I'm 100% sure that you can't see if someone is open if they don't show you the replay.
        When a QB dropes back you just see the pocket, when he throws you just see the part of the field he's throwing to.
        For example, when Romo missed Witten wide open in the endzone it was impossible to see him on the screen. Until they showed the replay no one could have said that he was open.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
          I think he's got better in-line speed than Breaston. Ogletree is definitely showing some decent flashes. More than turds like Stanback, Skyler Green, et all.
          You think Oggletree is faster than Breaston?

Breaston ran a 4.41 I think. Heck, he was better than Ginn in college IMHO but Ginn got all the publicity.

But yeah, he has that "in the phone booth" speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
            Are you a coach or something? Because if you're not a coach (and so you don't have access to coaches' tapes) how can you say that someone was open on a play?
            I once actually told people what I had worked in and no one believed me so why bother.

No, I am not a coach and my 22 Video is the same as yours.

Enjoy Sardinia. Must be nice this time of the year.
            Last edited by herniateddisc; 11-10-2009, 08:18 AM. Reason: re; I Screwed this post up.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
              Just another idiot Modano. JAI. Have a good one.
              Chidish as usually :) Funny how you did not answer my question.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                Chidish as usually :) Funny how you did not answer my question.
                You asked me what I was. I replied and called myself "Just Another Idiot" and you are upset at me?

That is what I am, just another idiot.

Comment

• If Ogletree keeps developing this year, does that make Hurd the odd man out going into next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                    If Ogletree keeps developing this year, does that make Hurd the odd man out going into next year?
                    Gotta be Crayton given his contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                      If Ogletree keeps developing this year, does that make Hurd the odd man out going into next year?
                      Probably. Hurd signed a 1 year offer in April of this year so he will be an unrestricted FA going into the offseason. I don't see what he has shown to be offered a multi year deal at this point. Ogletree is a rookie and should have at least 2 more years on his deal after this so letting him go wouldn't make sense.

Crayton is not a FA going into the offseason to my knowledge and he's a decent #3 WR and the punt returner so keeping him makes more sense to me.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                      I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
                        Probably. Hurd signed a 1 year offer in April of this year so he will be an unrestricted FA going into the offseason. I don't see what he has shown to be offered a multi year deal at this point. Ogletree is a rookie and should have at least 2 more years on his deal after this so letting him go wouldn't make sense.

Crayton is not a FA going into the offseason to my knowledge and he's a decent #3 WR and the punt returner so keeping him makes more sense to me.

I still would be shocked if the line-up next year wasn't Roy and Austin on the outside and Ogleetree as our #3 in three WR sets. I don't realistically see anyone beating him out of that role, Crayton's speed has been declining for years now and it's pretty obvious they want Ogleetree to see more snaps. I think he's earned them, and could become a weapon for us in the slot honestly.

I wouldn't mind keeping Hurd for depth as a #4, but that may not match up in contract talks.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          I still would be shocked if the line-up next year wasn't Roy and Austin on the outside and Ogleetree as our #3 in three WR sets. I don't realistically see anyone beating him out of that role, Crayton's speed has been declining for years now and it's pretty obvious they want Ogleetree to see more snaps. I think he's earned them, and could become a weapon for us in the slot honestly.

I wouldn't mind keeping Hurd for depth as a #4, but that may not match up in contract talks.
                          Hurd needs to get more of a look before I'd be happy with him being our #4. I like Crayton and think he does a fine job at #3, but someone like Ogletree could give us a new dimension as the slot. It'll be interesting to say the least.

Comment

• Hurd certainly deserves a new contract, imo. He leads our team in ST tackles, he has been promoted on every ST unit and has taken over the up back duties. Take into account that he is still very young, younger than Austin, even. He is the epitome of a team player and has taken advantage of every opportunity he has had in the offense, and that hasnt been many.

And take this from a completely unbiased perspective...we've seen how much our ST units could change when losing a key contributor and Hurd, is the best or at least a top two (to Watkins) ST player on this team. And again, he has shown that he could take advantage/make use of his opportunities when called upon in the offense.

Being one of Parcells' guys could land Sammy in Miami, though.
                            Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 11-10-2009, 10:18 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• agree. Our WR corp would look pretty good next year with RW, Austin, Ogletree, Hurd...and I'd like to draft a kid mid rounds that can do PR.
                              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                                agree. Our WR corp would look pretty good next year with RW, Austin, Ogletree, Hurd...and I'd like to draft a kid mid rounds that can do PR.
                                Yep, which we should have done this year. For some reason though we take the OU WR Manuel Johnson when we could of landed Sammie Stroughter in the same round. Still, adding Ogleetree to the class last year makes it look better.

I wanted Mike Wallace badly this year, but figured he would go pretty soon. I would like to re-sign Hurd too but he may want more money then what a ST is supposed to get paid, and in that case it wouldn't make sense. I like Hurd too but it's not like he's a hard guy to replace, if we can't find another Sam Hurd there is a problem.

Miami does make alot of sense though for more playing time.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information