Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
    If we would have left Carpenter at SOLB as Parcells envisioned we would be a better team now because we would have

    a) Kept Burnett
    b) Not wasted a 2nd and 3rd in that 2007 draft.

    So, that is my opinion.
    a) Kevin Burnett is soft as charmin. Good riddance.
    b) Parcells wasted plenty of 2nd and 3rds.... so has Jerry. How can we say that if we keep the picks that they would've been hits? I can't blame Jerry for moving up for a guy they wanted. I bashed him last year for going quantity over quality.
    c) Why didn't Parcells trade for Carp when he had the chance? Instead he took Ferguson and Fasano. Carp was put on the block and made public. No team bit.
    d) In Parcells' scheme the SOLB and S cover the TE. In Wade's the ILB and the S cover the TE. Carp is doing the same thing now that he would've under Parcells. Cover the TE, stuff the run and blitz. Wade's SOLB blitzes, stuffs the run and covers the RB out of the backfield.

    Comment


    • The Jason Garrett Thanksgiving game is on NFL Network right now.

      Comment


      • I know Witten is a warrior and a great citizen, but his play has not been that great this season. I don't know if he's not 100%, but I really think Bennett needs to get more into the flow of the passing game.

        As it is now, he gets so few opportunities, I think he presses and doesn't play relaxed.

        That play Romo missed him yesterday is a perfect example of the types of plays this guy can make.
        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


        -Douglas MacArthur

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
          I know Witten is a warrior and a great citizen, but his play has not been that great this season. I don't know if he's not 100%, but I really think Bennett needs to get more into the flow of the passing game.

          As it is now, he gets so few opportunities, I think he presses and doesn't play relaxed.

          That play Romo missed him yesterday is a perfect example of the types of plays this guy can make.
          Witten is fine. People are just judging him by him mediocre numbers. He's doing his thing. Like I said last week. He's the glue holding that offense together. Yesterday, was definitely not him being a problem.

          To this day, I have no idea why he isn't used more in the redzone. Bennett too. I mean, it's obvious, Garrett has abandoned any form of rushing attack near the goalline. Just something we have to live with as long as he is here. He is an idiot and has proven to me over time that he will continue being an idiot. So why not at least use our TEs down there?

          I'm in a very Garrett bashing mood today. Watch out! ha. 11 total rushing attempts. 11. Barber averaged 5.2 YPC, Choice had 4.3 YPC.... Is that reason to abandon them?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            Witten is fine. People are just judging him by him mediocre numbers. He's doing his thing. Like I said last week. He's the glue holding that offense together. Yesterday, was definitely not him being a problem.

            To this day, I have no idea why he isn't used more in the redzone. Bennett too. I mean, it's obvious, Garrett has abandoned any form of rushing attack near the goalline. Just something we have to live with as long as he is here. He is an idiot and has proven to me over time that he will continue being an idiot. So why not at least use our TEs down there?

            I'm in a very Garrett bashing mood today. Watch out! ha. 11 total rushing attempts. 11. Barber averaged 5.2 YPC, Choice had 4.3 YPC.... Is that reason to abandon them?

            Slow down a bit, D. It was a bad day for the offense, but let's not get too carried away. I think things just got away from them because they were always in unfavorable down and distance due to sacks & penalties.

            I also think there were signs that it was just one of those games where the FB Gods aren't going to let it happen.

            Example: The boys hit Rogers from behind and knock the ball loose and it goes right to a Packer. The Packers hit Romo and knock the ball lose. It goes right to Felix, he gets it and is down by contact. The ball is stripped and the Packers end up with it. It was missed call by the officials, but it was bang bang so I'm sure it was hard for them to see. It was just one of those days.
            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


            -Douglas MacArthur

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
              Slow down a bit, D. It was a bad day for the offense, but let's not get too carried away. I think things just got away from them because they were always in unfavorable down and distance due to sacks & penalties.

              I also think there were signs that it was just one of those games where the FB Gods aren't going to let it happen.

              Example: The boys hit Rogers from behind and knock the ball loose and it goes right to a Packer. The Packers hit Romo and knock the ball lose. It goes right to Felix, he gets it and is down by contact. The ball is stripped and the Packers end up with it. It was missed call by the officials, but it was bang bang so I'm sure it was hard for them to see. It was just one of those days.
              Which is exactly what happens when you abandon the run. ...and abandon the run we did. We got totally toasted on Time of Possession. We had no control over the pace of this game and thus got our asses handed to us.

              We need a new OC. I'm done with Garrett. Let him take his experience growing crap elsewhere. Come back to us in 10 years. Why do we have to put up with him and his development as an OC? We need a real master mind with experience. As much as Martz is hated, I'd even take him over Garrett. I'd take anyone at this point. ANYONE! Norm Chow is my #1 choice, but I know that ain't happenin'.

              Comment


              • Here we go again, the sky is falling after a loss. Wade, Garrett, etc need to go. Everyone needs to step back and take a breath and move forward to the Redskins.

                Comment


                • Actually if you look around, everyone has been pretty level headed after this loss. No one is taking it too hard it seems. Garrett bashing is as relevant this week as most weeks. Abandoning the run and calling pass on the one yard line, every single time, warrants some hate.

                  The Packers played a great game, killed us up front. My hats off to them this week. We should be fine and will hopefully beat up on a bad Redskins team.

                  Thanks BoneKrusher^

                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

                  Comment


                  • If we take care of Wash and Oak at home, we enter Dec at 8-3. I think we all would have been very happy with that going into the season.
                    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                    -Douglas MacArthur

                    Comment


                    • Hamlin officially has a high ankle sprain. Watkins or Ball will start and Mike Hamlin should be activated as well.

                      Thanks BoneKrusher^

                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                        Here we go again, the sky is falling after a loss. Wade, Garrett, etc need to go. Everyone needs to step back and take a breath and move forward to the Redskins.
                        Why is it an over reaction by D-Unit to say JG must go? We have been having this same discussion on his "methods" for well over 18 months.

                        Jeez -- how many times does your girlfriend have to cheat on you before you call her a sl*t????

                        I agree with D-Unit, JG sucks. He gets in close games and it is all pass -- all the time. Desperation seeps into the O by the middle of the third quarter if they don't have 10 on the board. Capers has made reference to it yesterday and so have tons of D players .....

                        To boot, his running plays sucks, either lead draw of something straight ahead. How about pulling some Guards or a pitch with the T and TE moving their feet???? Hell more Wild cat? Something dear Jesus.

                        I have documented how Romo makes lots of mistakes looking RIGHT on his passing downs -- has JG noticed? Is he doing anything? Why is it when teams play man and blitz we have nothing to come back against it? Where is the slant and the crossing route? Why can't Witten attack the seems more often as opposed to sitting in the middle of zones? Why do our WR constantly run low percentage sideline routes? Why can't we get our playmakers the ball (Austin and Felix)?

                        You see teams like the Titans run the rock and everyone knows they are running it. You see Houston hit Johnson 10 times a game and everyone knows it. WTF????

                        This is JG's fault. I called him a wet-behind-the-ears pretty boy years ago and I am ecstatic more fans are joining the club. He sucks and Sparano was the genius behind 13-3. Period.

                        He sucks and so does Wade for not grabbing him by the throat and telling him to stop.
                        Last edited by herniateddisc; 11-16-2009, 03:13 PM.

                        Comment


                        • When I used to have season tickets at Texas Stadium a lot of the fans that sat around me constantly complained vociferously that Parcells play calling was too conservative. I wonder what those same mental midgets think about Garrett's brilliant play calling.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
                            When I used to have season tickets at Texas Stadium a lot of the fans that sat around me constantly complained vociferously that Parcells play calling was too conservative. I wonder what those same mental midgets think about Garrett's brilliant play calling.
                            LOL "mental midgets"? hahahahaa. That's funny. :D

                            Sometimes I wish Parcells would've let Sean Payton loose here. Remember he wouldn't even give Payton the full OC title? lol. Parcells was too conservative. But he was a winner and at least he manned up to blame.

                            Ginger ran away from all accountability last night.


                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Garrett goes out of his way to avoid accountability

                            November 16, 2009, 7:01 AM

                            By: Tim MacMahon


                            IRVING -- The Dallas Cowboys coaching staff constantly preaches the importance of accountability. They don't always practice it, particularly assistant head coach/offensive coordinator Jason Garrett.

                            Receiver Roy Williams stood up in the visiting locker room at Lambeau Field and accepted blame for the 17-7 loss to the Green Bay Packers. Garrett was nowhere to be found when reporters were allowed inside. The same was true when the Cowboys' offense came up flat in Denver earlier this season, although a couple of reporters caught up to Garrett by the team bus that day.

                            A couple of questions Garrett should have answered: Why did the Cowboys completely abandon the run, especially after Marion Barber showed impressive burst in the first quarter? Why do 3-4 blitz schemes give the Cowboys such fits?

                            It's admirable that Williams was willing to put the loss on his shoulders despite his best statistical game as a Cowboy. His fumble and drop were definitely key plays. But the play-caller also shares some of the responsibility, if not the accountability, when a team turns in such a poor offensive performance.

                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------

                            It's nice to see Roy take the blame. See, he ain't as bad a character as made out to be.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              Hamlin officially has a high ankle sprain. Watkins or Ball will start and Mike Hamlin should be activated as well.
                              I've been waiting to see what Mike Hamlin has, and this will be a good chance to see his potential. I'm not expecting a god like performance, but hopefully he can show us that he can be a good find for the future.
                              "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                              ~Nigerian Proverb

                              Da riddum is too much for you.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

                              Comment


                              • Roy Williams is not TO-bad but he is a loser.

                                Mediocrity comes easy to Roy Williams much like it did to the previous Roy Williams.

                                These are guys who are above it all. They got paid and everything is fine.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information