This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Just because it wasn't publicized doesn't mean he didn't say it or hasn't been saying it. Anything Jerry does gets headlines, so I wouldn't take in anything negative about this.
    I don't see it as negative. I like the fact that JJ came in and talked to the team like this. I personally feel as if the December lapse last year was a mental issue. And this year with it being over publicized that we collapse in December it will be the main question the team hears all week long. I say you address it once and be done with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
      I don't see it as negative. I like the fact that JJ came in and talked to the team like this. I personally feel as if the December lapse last year was a mental issue. And this year with it being over publicized that we collapse in December it will be the main question the team hears all week long. I say you address it once and be done with it.
      While I don't dismiss that there was a mental aspect, don't forget all the injuries this team had last year.

No Autin or Hurd
      No Kosier
      Witten broken ribs and bad ankle
      No Felix
      Barber at about 70% (if that)
      Keith Davis started several games at safety
      RW plantar faciatis
      Flo bad shoulder and badly infected hand
      Romo's back was clearly not right

While I know that all teams have injuries and that can't be used as an excuse, I still think the reality was that the team just didn't have enough bullets in the chamber.
      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Not to mention Romo's pinkie was still bothering him throughout the tail end of last season.

Comment

• Did I gives props to Jerry Jones for not letting his team make excuses for failure?

And if he is going to be everywhere like he is - - he might as well make the statement he made.

So... I may not like the role he plays but he did right in this instance.

Comment

• Anyone else think that we can beat New Orleans? I sure do. I can't wait for that match up. Honestly, I think we'll have a harder time beating the Giants.

Comment

Anyone else think that we can beat New Orleans? I sure do. I can't wait for that match up. Honestly, I think we'll have a harder time beating the Giants.

I don't think Dallas can beat the Saints the way their offense is playing now. And Sean Payton completely outcoached Parcells for thier big upset in the last meeting, 2-3 TDs from their FB going into the EZ untouched, inexcusable.

The Giants seem to have that stigma over Dallas, that rivalry thing & all. But the way the Giants are playing now, IDK...................

Comment

Anyone else think that we can beat New Orleans? I sure do. I can't wait for that match up. Honestly, I think we'll have a harder time beating the Giants.
                I don't think the Saints defense is as good as everyone has made it seem. It seems to me, and I haven't researched this, that if you don't turn the ball over, you can put up points on them. So, yes, I think we've got a shot at beating them.

As for the Giants, I just think they are in a bad way right now. Their secondary, especially the safety position, is just not very good. If you can block them up front, they just can't cover. Period.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• This is a must win for the Giants. They know everything about how to beat us. This is in their home. Cold weather. I don't buy into how teams look going into games to be honest. ...if it's just bad play that is. Injuries are legit. But bad play? Doesn't mean a heck of a lot to me. Guys can turn on the switch and turn bad play into good play in an instant.

Comment

• I just don't think their problems are fixable. Their secondary is just bad.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                      I just don't think their problems are fixable. Their secondary is just bad.
                      Giants? NO? Both?

Comment

• I think he means the Giants. I don't care what the perception is like. The Giants will make it one tough game. Webster and Thomas are good corners.

As for NOR... New England will write the playbook on how to beat them tonight. Thier D ain't that good. No Sedrick Ellis... Shanle and Fujita are their LBs... c'mon now. Very beatable. Their offense is finesse. NE has always beat up on finesse offenses.
                        Last edited by D-Unit; 11-30-2009, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• The way to beat NO is to force Brees into throwing deep patterns under pressure or sideline patterns. Play zone with the LB, avoid playing 2 Deep Safeties and move the safeties closer to the line, and have the CBs shade inside.

He sees them "open" but he under throws them when he is getting pressured. ESPECIALLY PRESSURE UP THE MIDDLE.

FWIW, Nicks plays for NO. Sad. Reminds me of Blalock, another Guard we simply missed on.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                            The way to beat NO is to force Brees into throwing deep patterns under pressure or sideline patterns. Play zone with the LB, avoid playing 2 Deep Safeties and move the safeties closer to the line, and have the CBs shade inside.

He sees them "open" but he under throws them when he is getting pressured. ESPECIALLY PRESSURE UP THE MIDDLE.

FWIW, Nicks plays for NO. Sad. Reminds me of Blalock, another Guard we simply missed on.
                            I agree. If Brees doesn't get pressured then he can pick apart a defense and he's very comfortable throwing to his check down reads to his TE or RBs when nothing is open deep. But generating that pressure is easier said than done. We need Spencer to have the same kind of performance that he had last week. We need Ware to have a top game and I would like to see ILB, CB and S blitzes. Heck, I always want to see those. But I trust Wade to do the right thing on D.

What scares me more is Garrett. He needs to control the clock and run the ball with authority. Keep Brees off the field, keep the defense fresh and run the ball. I fear he'll resort to the pass... and if this becomes a passing battle where whoever has the ball last wins, then Dallas will lose.

Blalock was possibly my favorite OG prospect of all time. The way scouts hyped up Nicks leading up to the draft made me think of him as a tackle in the NFL. Kudos to the Saints for making him a Guard. I always think highly of guard who were prior OTs. Just like I like OTs that were prior TEs.

Comment

• All Saints big plays are between the numbers. GMen and Patriots game same type of plan. Move guys around, draw the safeties and ILB out of position and throw the ball down the middle. Brees can not make the sideline throws past 10 yards.

Excited about the next two weeks.

Comment

• Well the Pats didn't help anyone out by showing the blueprint on how to beat the Saints. Let's face it, this isn't the Pats defense of a few years ago. It's got a lot of holes in it. Not much pressure on Brees equaled plenty of time to pick apart that weak secondary.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information