Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pats had no pressure up the middle. And the one or two plays they did they didn't have contain. Ratliff is just what the doctor ordered to stop this defense.

However James and Brooking might just be what the doctor ordered for the saint with the RB and TE's in the flat.

BTW would have been nice to have a Mickens or McCallister on the roster. A savy vet that can make big plays in big games. I hate our depth right now with ball spending more time at FS...we really can't afford a single injury to our top 3 CB's.

Ty Law please come to town.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
      The pats had no pressure up the middle. And the one or two plays they did they didn't have contain. Ratliff is just what the doctor ordered to stop this defense.

However James and Brooking might just be what the doctor ordered for the saint with the RB and TE's in the flat.

BTW would have been nice to have a Mickens or McCallister on the roster. A savy vet that can make big plays in big games. I hate our depth right now with ball spending more time at FS...we really can't afford a single injury to our top 3 CB's.

Ty Law please come to town.
      Yeeesh... Ty Law? 5 years to late. I think you meant McKenzie and not Mickens. But yeah, they looked good tonight.

I hear you about CB depth. It's why I have Perrish Cox as the #2 guy on my draft board for us. The good news is, the CB free agent class is excellent. I really think Newman's career at CB is no longer effective.

Comment

• Ok so here's what's left:

@ New York
        San Diego
        @ New Orleans
        @ Washington
        aaaand Philly.

With this knowledge, what is your best case/worst case for the remainder of the season? I can see 0-5 and the meltdown that everyone is waiting for at worst, and only 3-2 at best. Side question: how many wins will get us in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
          Ok so here's what's left:

@ New York
          San Diego
          @ New Orleans
          @ Washington
          aaaand Philly.

With this knowledge, what is your best case/worst case for the remainder of the season? I can see 0-5 and the meltdown that everyone is waiting for at worst, and only 3-2 at best. Side question: how many wins will get us in?

I think we go 3-2, 2 wins gets us in the playoffs if you ask me. It's a tough stretch, I think it will show us how good we truly are. I want to lean towards 4-1, I honestly think we'll beat one of San Diego or New Orleans and lose a game we shouldn't have any business losing.

2-3 would be disappointing for me, but there is no way we do anything worse then that. This team isn't going to just collapse completely.

After 2nite if we beat New Orleans though I could care less what we do with the rest of the games, they look like the best team in the NFL at this point.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

@ New York
            San Diego
            @ New Orleans
            @ Washington
            aaaand Philly.

5-0 at best. 0-5 at worst.

Prediction:
            @ New York - W - We're splitting the series this season.
            San Diego - W - Wade has owned them.
            @ New Orleans - L - NOR looks pretty unstoppable.
            @ Washington - L - They want revenge BAAAAAAAAAAAAD.
            aaaand Philly - W - We want revenge BAAAAAAAAAAAD.

Comment

• Good Tony = 4-1
              Bad Tony = 2-3

Comment

@ New York
                San Diego
                @ New Orleans
                @ Washington
                aaaand Philly.

I'm going to be optimistic for once.

Best case: 3-2
                Worst case: 0-5, Romo December meltdown (the curse!)

2-3 more wins = playoff berth b/c the Giants are playing down to their potential, the Skins suck & Philly is at best struggling. This could be yr. Dallas finishes strong & takes the NFC East if they stay relatively injury free.

There will be much media conjecture about Dallas being unable to beat teams with winning rcds, Romo unable to handle big game pressure & throwing INTs, etc. Or not.

Dallas prevails b/c they're better coached than the playcalling indicates, their defense can hold the lead the offense acquires, & the rest of the NFC East has much more fail potential than they do.

My take on how it goes down:
                • @ New York : W, Giants playing like crap now & have lost their mojo
                • San Diego : L, Bolts are red hot now
                • @ New Orleans : L, Saints are redder hot now, could go 16-0, Payton used to coach in Dallas & has their number
                • @ Washington : W, Skins defense showing its age, Zorn has one foot out of town & assts. fired, lots of them going through the motions in December
                • aaaand Philly : W, Dallas clearly outcoached them last time & can again
                Last edited by LizardState; 12-01-2009, 09:17 AM.

Comment

@ New York
                  San Diego
                  @ New Orleans
                  @ Washington
                  aaaand Philly.

I think 11-5 guarantees us to be in, but 10-6 could do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    Anyone else think that we can beat New Orleans? I sure do. I can't wait for that match up. Honestly, I think we'll have a harder time beating the Giants.
                    The Giants scare me this week. 1- it's in NY 2- NY is a desperate team right now.

Desperate teams can tend to pull out big victories.

Comment

• Here's my thoughts on the state of our team and our schedule for the remainder of the season. I'm not jumping the gun here trying to make predictions, but I like the attitude and direction were heading in. Now is the time that we show that killer instinct we have lacked the last several years. We have no gimme's the next 5 weeks and call me silly, but I like it that way.

My only prediction is that you'll see a different Cowboys team this December than in years past. It will be positive!

Comment

• @ New York - W - I just think thier defense looks old and slow. I listened to Michael Lombardi on the Ticket this morning and he said that their front 7 is really slow. He said it should be a big game for Felix.

San Diego - L - I go back and forth on this one. I truly think this is a toss up game.

@ New Orleans L - I think we give them a pretty good game...something like 31-27.

@ Washington W - Age on defense and injuries are taking a toll. They will play thier butts off, but we pull away 24-13.

aaaand Philly. W - I think use the same gameplan. Keep the safeties deep and come after Donovan.

Agree Leroy. The main thing is that I just think this is a very different team than years past. They have a different vibe and chemistry. Also, they are very healthy relatively speaking.
                        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• I think we can take San Diego, Sensabaugh should do a decent job on Gates especially if we double him, VJ should give us trouble but Jenkins is a physical guy, and they really haven't had the running game going as of lately.

The defense gives up big yardage and Merriman is nowhere near the same player, so we can make plays. It will be a fun ass game to watch honestly, with the Saints I just want to see if we can keep it close in the 4th quarter and I'll take a moral victory. They beat the Pats ass to where they took out the starters as they have most teams, I just want to see if we can slow them down and make it a game.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                            The Giants scare me this week. 1- it's in NY 2- NY is a desperate team right now.

Desperate teams can tend to pull out big victories.
                            We are horrible! I hate Sheridan, and never liked that hire. If we win, I'd be the most surprised person ever.. Eli is hurt and has been hurt, and our defense can't stop anyone in the red zone. This is like the Hufangel-Lewis era again, the original dumb and dumber hired along with Coughlin in '04.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              I think we can take San Diego, Sensabaugh should do a decent job on Gates especially if we double him, VJ should give us trouble but Jenkins is a physical guy, and they really haven't had the running game going as of lately.

The defense gives up big yardage and Merriman is nowhere near the same player, so we can make plays. It will be a fun ass game to watch honestly, with the Saints I just want to see if we can keep it close in the 4th quarter and I'll take a moral victory. They beat the Pats ass to where they took out the starters as they have most teams, I just want to see if we can slow them down and make it a game.
                              SD's running game doesn't scare me. I could be wrong, but it has seemed like bigger more physical backs have hurt us worse this year than the smaller faster guys.

SD's passing game scares me. Big, strong physical receivers. Jenkins I'm fine with, he can man up on VJ, but T-New scares me against the other guys. I think Sensabaugh can handle Gates for the most part.

Comment

• Oh man...lots of future talk going on. I just want to win against the Giants. That is a big enough challenge.

I have to agree with herniated disc (Rob). Romo is the key. Good Romo equals wins. Bad Romo equals losses. I hope noone is looking too far into the future (New Orleans). That game is not this week. One game at a time...as the cliche goes.
                                I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information