Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I honestly think you guys win this week. Youre at home, and I think SD is pretty overrated.

Im starting to think Phillip Rivers is an overrated qb, and their defense isn't great.

Their weapons though aren't overrated. Its going to be hard covering Gates and Jackson and their other tall WRs. Even when theyre covered, Rivers will just throw it up there and they go make plays.

Im curious to see Jenkins on Jackson if they let Jenkins cover him 1 on 1 with no help.

Comment

• I think the Chargers are overrated but in no way, Rivers. That is a dangerous man.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        I think the Chargers are overrated but in no way, Rivers. That is a dangerous man.
        Ive scouted Rivers for a good 4 years now, I've come to the conclusion that he's a little overrated. Too much is made of his stats. Those weapons make that team. Replace him with Matt Schaub, and you wouldnt even know a change was made.

Those big targets, warm weather and Turner's offense mask a ton of his weaknesses.

I still think he's a gamer, don't get me wrong. Just a tad overrated.

Comment

• How bout the outpouring of love for Wade!!! It's definitely nice to see. Makes me want to support him more.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=4728125

Comment

• Well Schaub has really become a great/very good QB in his own right. Maybe not the best player to use there. I def. think Rivers' praise is warranted. I too have been watching him for years...I watch all the games with my father. :) He's got this Chargers/Cardinals co-favorite team thing going on, I dont know he loves Warner. But anyway, I think Rivers is damn near brilliant. He's putting together his second straight MVP caliber season. The fire, the accuracy, leadership, vision. I think it's all top notch. He's put together another fine season, with no real running game and an O-Line that has regressed. And last season, he was still playing outstanding football despite LT and Gates being banged up or injured just about every week. Rivers has it all, I hold him in the highest of regard.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              Well Schaub has really become a great QB in his own right. Maybe not the best player to use there. I def. think Rivers' praise is warranted. I too have been watching him for years...I watch all the games with my father. :) He's got this Chargers/Cardinals co-favorite team thing going on, I dont know he loves Warner. But anyway, I think Rivers is damn near brilliant. He's putting together his second straight MVP caliber season. The fire, the accuracy, leadership, vision. I think it's all top notch. He's put together another fine season, with no real running game and an O-Line that has regressed. And last season, he was still playing outstanding football despite LT and Gates being banged up or injured just about every week. Rivers has it all, I hold him in the highest of regard.
              There was a time that I wanted us to draft Rivers badly. ...until he became out of our range. I credit Norm Chow for making Rivers the QB he is today.

Comment

• 2 things I absolutely love about Rivers are his accuracy, and his quick release.

He does a great job of reading coverages too. So I guess thats 3 things. Like I said, I'm not saying he's a bad qb. I think he's a great qb. Just a little overrated. You can be great but still overrated. He would look like a very different qb in a different system with different players around him. He's in the perfect scenario for his own personal success.

Regardless, if you guys can find a way to cover Gates 1 on 1 so you can double up Jackson, he'll struggle.

Gates has been on fire though. I dont know if you guys have the horses to contain him either.

But Romo should have his way against SD. It may be a shoot out.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  2 things I absolutely love about Rivers are his accuracy, and his quick release.

He does a great job of reading coverages too. So I guess thats 3 things. Like I said, I'm not saying he's a bad qb. I think he's a great qb. Just a little overrated. You can be great but still overrated. He would look like a very different qb in a different system with different players around him. He's in the perfect scenario for his own personal success.

Regardless, if you guys can find a way to cover Gates 1 on 1 so you can double up Jackson, he'll struggle.

Gates has been on fire though. I dont know if you guys have the horses to contain him either.

But Romo should have his way against SD. It may be a shoot out.
                  I said this before, but I think if it's a shootout then we'll lose.

We need to exploit their porous run D and keep their offense off the field. If there is one game Garrett needs to run the ball without panicking, this is it.

I hope we run the ball out of the I, do some play action... razorback... run, run, run...

A no huddle, shotgun passing attack sprinkled with some draws will lose the game for us. Not because we won't move the ball, but rather the last team with the ball will win and Rivers only needs a few seconds to do that.

Comment

• I don't disagree, D, but we also have to score TDs, not FGs.

The problem we've had in the past when we were too run heavy is that we didn't finish off drives with TDs.
                    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                      I don't disagree, D, but we also have to score TDs, not FGs.

The problem we've had in the past when we were too run heavy is that we didn't finish off drives with TDs.
                      Did you see that play-action TD in the redzone against NYG? That's exactly what I mean. More more more. You can run so much out of play action... I love it, if used correctly and timely.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys

Well, Moth... you wanted a new holder... His name is...

TONY ROMO!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys

Well, Moth... you wanted a new holder... His name is...

TONY ROMO!!!!!
                          Is that the right link, or were you just joking. I hope so :( I might boycott watching games if that was true lol.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            Is that the right link, or were you just joking. I hope so :( I might boycott watching games if that was true lol.
                            Scroll down...

Hold on: Romo to the rescue
                            December, 9, 2009 Dec 95:05PM CTComment Email Print Share By Tim MacMahonIRVING, Texas – Tony Romo has come out of a retirement as a holder, a smart move for the Dallas Cowboys despite the disastrous result of Romo’s last snap in that role.

Romo’s only gaffe as a holder cost the Cowboys a chance to take a late lead in a playoff game, causing Romo to sob in the visiting locker room at Seattle’s Qwest Field after what turned out to be Bill Parcells’ final night on the Dallas sideline. But the Seattle Slip is a distant memory. The Cowboys’ current field goal woes are fresh in folks’ minds, and Romo represents the best solution on the roster.

Punter Mat McBriar has no confidence as a holder. Kicker Nick Folk, who has missed more field goals this season (eight) than his previous two campaigns combined, has no confidence in McBriar to get the ball down in the proper spot with the laces pointed in the right direction.

Romo is the only other player on the roster who has served as a holder in an NFL game. He’s the only player on the roster the coaches believe can fill that role flawlessly. There is minimal risk of injury as a holder, so it makes sense in this instance for the starting quarterback to play a role on special teams.

Romo took most of the snaps as the holder during Wednesday’s practice. Coach Wade Phillips didn’t want to make a definite declaration, but he strongly indicated that Romo would hold Sunday against the San Diego Chargers.

Points are precious in a playoff race. The Cowboys can’t afford to keep giving them away three at a time. Romo is coming to the rescue in a role nobody ever thought he’d have to play again.

Comment

• Punter Mat McBriar has no confidence as a holder. Kicker Nick Folk, who has missed more field goals this season (eight) than his previous two campaigns combined, has no confidence in McBriar to get the ball down in the proper spot with the laces pointed in the right direction.
                              FIX THE HOLE THERE ---- Sub Miles Austin as the holder. Maybe Hurd?

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                                FIX THE HOLE THERE ---- Sub Miles Austin as the holder. Maybe Hurd?
                                If it was a receiver it would have been Crayton or Hurd.

This should be interesting at least....Wade said earlier in the week that they may use Romo so I'm not surprised. I just hope it doesnt come down to a FG at the end of this game, in his first game back there.

I also hope Garrett doesnt try to get cute with a fake FG pass and get Tony killed.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information