Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just think JG will get the job. It would allow us to keep a lot of the same guys on our coaching staff in place. He isn't one of the big guys on the market but all of those guys want GM say it seems. Hell I'm not even sure what I'll feel if I'm right. But the fit is there a change will be made and the best case scenario is getting 2 vets to coordinate the game. I'm just not sure if that will happen I have a feeling we could see another Garrett at OC maybe.

Comment

• Hindsight being 20/20 watching T-New decline so fast really makes me wish Jerry had listened to Bill and drafted Kevin Williams who is a little younger and still playing at a very high level. Oh well Terence was very solid until this season.

Comment

• Looking back I would have loved to have Singletary in here. He is the Anti-Wade. With Jerry running things we won't have a coach with heart until he is gone for good.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
          I just think JG will get the job. It would allow us to keep a lot of the same guys on our coaching staff in place. He isn't one of the big guys on the market but all of those guys want GM say it seems. Hell I'm not even sure what I'll feel if I'm right. But the fit is there a change will be made and the best case scenario is getting 2 vets to coordinate the game. I'm just not sure if that will happen I have a feeling we could see another Garrett at OC maybe.
          If that happens, then we just prolong our losing and watch the players in their prime not win.

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel View Post
            Looking back I would have loved to have Singletary in here. He is the Anti-Wade. With Jerry running things we won't have a coach with heart until he is gone for good.
            Don't remind me. I lead that bandwagon.

I'm favoring Dom Capers myself right now. I think he could take us to the next level.

Comment

• I know it's late but, did Steve Young compare Aikman to Alex Smith, Frank Gore to Emmitt Smith, and Michael Crabtree to Michael Irvin?

edit

and Vernon Davis to Jay Novacek?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                Don't remind me. I lead that bandwagon.

I'm favoring Dom Capers myself right now. I think he could take us to the next level.
                I can't remember where I stood and I'm afraid to look, but Singletary simply seems like the a no BS kinda guy. Also, there's got to be an advantage to having a coach who players will instinctively trust because they all know who the '85 Bears were. Singletary is new to the coaching ranks, but he's already a legend no matter what happens to his career now. So even without the coaching experience, he's got the resume. Given the results, it does seem obvious. Turner would even seem an upgrade...

Everything bad is somehow Jason Garrett's fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                  I can't remember where I stood and I'm afraid to look, but Singletary simply seems like the a no BS kinda guy. Also, there's got to be an advantage to having a coach who players will instinctively trust because they all know who the '85 Bears were. Singletary is new to the coaching ranks, but he's already a legend no matter what happens to his career now. So even without the coaching experience, he's got the resume. Given the results, it does seem obvious. Turner would even seem an upgrade...

Everything bad is somehow Jason Garrett's fault.
                  My wife could be wearing Granny panties tonight, it would be Jason Garrett's fault! LOL.

Seriously cannot put up with him any longer... but I know I have to.

I thought we had a chance when Jerry interviewed Singletary. I was really really hoping. Started a Singletary for Dallas HC sig petition for kicks! It was hilarious. Jerry passed up on character and instead chose experience. Such a weak argument. Mike would've been perfect. His 3-4 Defense has been working just fine in San Fran with way less talent. Seriously though... I think it came down to Jason Garrett and Garrett being more easily acceptable to coaching under an experienced HC in Wade than an inexperience HC in Singletary.

Comment

• Also, I used the word 'success', and what I meant to say was 'relative success' or 'improvement'.

Comment

• Jason Garrett for HC. I see it as a win/win if we can pull in a veteran OC/DC. Which I'm sure won't be easy with Jerry at the helm, but I don't see the whole Garrett is the reason for our failures like everyone else does. I have a huge feeling if he's fired he'll leave and become the next Sparano/Payton.

Comment

• The owner and general manager should never be the same person. I'm not aware of any other team that has this set up.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          Rather have others. Don't want us to be his guinea pig as his first run as HC.
                          What others?
                          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                            What others?
                            San Diego fans are honestly hoping Wade comes back as their new DC. They don't even like Rivera.

I like Capers, cowher, shanny has some pros and cons... If Del Rio is fired, I like him...

Comment

• I'm not too keen on Capers. I think Cowher is overrated. Shanny I think would be a solid hire. Del Rio is an interesting name.
                              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Garrett has done nothing the past 2 years to prove he should, or could be a good HC for us. Last week he called a good game IMO, but HC is a whole new ball game that I don't think he's ready for. If we don't make some major coaching changes it'll be the same thing every year. There are too many teams with better records, or playing better with less talent.

Sad that we are wasting a great year by Romo in which I think he could do some damage in the playoffs and we'll likely not even make it.

I like Shanny the most right now, he'd do wonders for Romo.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information