This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crisco0710 View Post
    Folk is still our kicker. They tried Bueler out yesterday from 30-35 yards out and he missed all 3, 2 of them were horribly missed. Folk didn't do much better as he went 2-4 from the same spot.
    Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Hahhhhhahahaahahaha. Face palm.
    Originally posted by Ward View Post
    As sad as this is, it's funny as hell. This reminds me so much of the 2005 season. If they had just an average kicker they would have been anywhere from 11-5 to 13-3. Maybe Folk's surgery has hampered him a ton this season. He was so clutch in his first two years, and he's young so I wouldn't want him to be cut for just having one bad year.
    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      Some of you guys are giving up on the playoffs already?

You do realize youre 1 game ahead of the Giants, and could possibly play an Eagles team at the end of the season that will rest its starters?

The Giants still have the Skins who have played VERY well lately, Panthers (should be a win) and Vikings. If the Vikings play their starters, and or if we lose to the skins, youre probably makin it to the playoffs.

The Giants need a serious chokejob by Dallas to get in.

I see the Giants going 9-7, which means Dallas has to lose 2 more to blow this.
      Playoffs? Playoffs? Right now I just hope we can win a game!

lol I just had to do that.
      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
      ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• Playoffs are simple for me at this point.

If either the Giants or Eagles lose a game in the next 2 weeks we are going to have a good shot at getting in.

Comment

• God I hope we sign him.

The Cowboys worked out five players on Thursday, including veteran cornerback Chris McAlister, who spent part of this season with New Orleans.

I wanted him back in FA...he would give us veteran depth something we are in need of with Ball at safety now.

Comment

• We should sign McAlister. He's still got a couple good years in him I think.

Comment

• Big name ... Wouldn't expect a lot, but I'm fine with that.

Points to signs that CB might be a first round need. ;)

Comment

• Can we realistically cut Newman after this season if there really is going to be no cap soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
                  Can we realistically cut Newman after this season if there really is going to be no cap soon?
                  I don't see why you cut him. I mean sure you can...but it still is going to cost Jerry money. Hell he is a good punt returner you might as well let him do that and play nickel/dime packages imo before cutting him and getting no return on your investment.

Comment

• Yeah I guess you're right he's a decent returner but pretty damn bad as a CB now.

Comment

• Why the hell don't we use him as a returner?
                      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                        Why the hell don't we use him as a returner?
                        Injuries, one of the very last things we need is Newman to go down. He isn't quite what he used to be but he is one of our best CB's. It's happened to us before Newman tries to return a kick and gets completely nailed and is out for the game, I believe it was a concussion.

Comment

• I have a feeling that after Saturday we'll be talking a lot about how we need to fix our secondary.

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel View Post
                            Injuries, one of the very last things we need is Newman to go down. He isn't quite what he used to be but he is one of our best CB's. It's happened to us before Newman tries to return a kick and gets completely nailed and is out for the game, I believe it was a concussion.
                            I fully understand why, but I think it's a wrong approach. Seriously, I don't know this for sure, but I don't think returners get injured all that often. They get their bell rung from time to time, but Philly doesn't worry about getting their best WR hurt returning punts.
                            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Mac I'm totaly with you. I also think teams like the vikings last year should have Adrian Peterson back returning. Injuries are a part of the game but you get your dynamic playmakers the ball however you can.

However that said....Philly has proven they don't need great WR to get it done...dallas hasn't proved they can play without great corners.

Comment

• I think Felix is our most dynamic weapon. Love him on kick returns, wish he was in on punt returns, but you usually want a guy with great catching skills to do that and maybe Felix lacks there.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information