This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ricowboy View Post
    I am not a follower either. You have a great point on your player. He is the classic boom or bust player. I too have watched Mays and think he maybe very overrated due to the fact he plays for such a good program. I think we would be better served grabbing an OL or DL that can add depth or start. Dan Williams or Terrance Cody would improve this team instantly. Ratliff could see more reps at DE. That would mean more sacks and pressure on the QB. The result is a better Pass D. Any OL that could push our backups and start in a year would be great. Face it the OL is not getting any younger. At some point we have to commit a high pick to the OL or DL.
    I dunno if I buy the "overrated because of the program"... I mean if that were the case, then why aren't all of the USC players overrated? The defense wasn't even good this year... compared to previous years (that is).

I would also take Earl Thomas over a LT or NT.

Comment

• Anyone who spends a draft pick on a kicker is an idiot.

Kicker's are available UDFA or FA by the dozens. You invite 10 to camp and you bake it off by finding the best one.

Every year a "reliable kicker" goes bad and a "unreliable one" goes positive.

It is the most unpredictable spot on the roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
        Anyone who spends a draft pick on a kicker is an idiot.

Kicker's are available UDFA or FA by the dozens. You invite 10 to camp and you bake it off by finding the best one.

Every year a "reliable kicker" goes bad and a "unreliable one" goes positive.

It is the most unpredictable spot on the roster.
        ^^^no truer words have been spoken

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
          ^^^no truer words have been spoken
          If I was a GM I would keep an active Rolodex of Kickers sitting at home and 30 year old CB looking for some late season work. There are always a few good ones you can steal a few games with.

Comment

• Depending on how good the kicker is, I'd definitely use a pick on one. Folk was worth it. Being injured derailed him, but I would draft another with a late rounder IF he's good. This year's class looks terribly weak. I probably wouldn't want to draft any of them.

Comment

• So you guys let go one horrible kicker for another? lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                So you guys let go one horrible kicker for another? lol.
                It's was mainly to get the inside scoop on the Redskins... lol jk. After watching them tonight, it looks like Washington is crappy crap crap. They have a short week to prep for us and we have a long week to prepare for them. Should be a walk in the park.

Comment

• It better be a walk in the park, that game yesterday was pretty pathetic. We really need to win these last two.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    It better be a walk in the park, that game yesterday was pretty pathetic. We really need to win these last two.
                    I think the Skins have finally been broken down mentally and physically. There was no way they were going to maintain that level of play through the rest of the season. They always play us tough, so I still expect a big fight out of them.

Comment

• So guys, what do yall think of our offensive performance without Bennett on the field? It really doesn't look like our offense is slowing down any at all with him not being there. I really love the guy, but we have an all pro at te and wouldn't mind if we could get a 2nd round pick for him. I would love to have 3 picks in the top 60.

Comment

• Originally posted by crisco0710 View Post
                        So guys, what do yall think of our offensive performance without Bennett on the field? It really doesn't look like our offense is slowing down any at all with him not being there. I really love the guy, but we have an all pro at te and wouldn't mind if we could get a 2nd round pick for him. I would love to have 3 picks in the top 60.
                        Amen brother. But I don't know if a team would give up a 2nd. I'm all for trading him though.

Comment

• I actually like our offense more when Bennett isnt in the slot. I love Bennett too but, we're better when we actually use three WRs.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            Amen brother. But I don't know if a team would give up a 2nd. I'm all for trading him though.
                            Didn't the Bengals offer a 2nd before the trade deadline?

Comment

• Originally posted by crisco0710 View Post
                              Didn't the Bengals offer a 2nd before the trade deadline?
                              Yeah, I think you're right... It was Bennett, not Austin, right?

Dangit Jerry.

Comment

• I would still like to hold onto Bennett. His blocking is pretty good, and I think that the recent offense would look a tiny bit better with him. Of course if a big deal came up involving him I wouldn't complain. Like the Million Dollar man said. "Everybody's got a price."
                                "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                                ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information