This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by E-Man View Post
    I would still like to hold onto Bennett. His blocking is pretty good, and I think that the recent offense would look a tiny bit better with him. Of course if a big deal came up involving him I wouldn't complain. Like the Million Dollar man said. "Everybody's got a price."

I think keeping Martellus was the best option for us. A 2nd rounder would be nice, but I like his upside. Right now were just not using him as much as we could be. He's a good blocker and those are hard to come by.

Comment

• I'd rather keep Bennett honestly. I like Phillips alot and he'd be fine as a 2nd TE, but Bennett is a huge weapons that gives us WAY more flexibility and options. He can line up as a WR, he can block his ass off, he's a red zone weapon(yea they still need to work on that play but I have no doubt he can outjump or out muscle any DB).

There are way more positives to him then negatives, and he's still only going to get alot better here honestly. I wanted Jermichael Finley alot more but I still know Bennett makes us better even in principle, I'm not ready to trade him for the same pick we spent.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• The thing about Bennett is that I think he jsut turned 21 so he's very young. Plus, he didn't do a whole lot of route running and making tough catches in college. His recieving skill are going to take a bit longer to refine, but as has been said, he is a hell of a blocker.

I still think he's going to be an excellent all around TE.
        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• I think he's a luxury. Considering our needs on defense, I say he's a good trade chip. Our offense is fine without him.

Comment

• You trade Bennett to land a premier player. If he is the leverage that allows you to move up an secure a top Safety prospect than go for it. However if we make the playoffs we probably still can't sniff the 6-10 range which I still think Berry will fall into.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              I think he's a luxury. Considering our needs on defense, I say he's a good trade chip. Our offense is fine without him.
              D, I think he's been a pretty important part of our running game. Phillips has stepped in and been much better than anyone imagined, but I would be careful about being too cavalier. The 2 and 3 TE sets have become a big part of our offense.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• I would still like to keep him, I just think we should stick with some more 3 WR sets with actual receivers. The last few weeks when he was healthy, nearly every shotgun formation, he was in the slot. I still want to see this but not every single time out.

As for Phillips, he's a much smoother athlete than I originally gave him credit for, he looks good out there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                  D, I think he's been a pretty important part of our running game. Phillips has stepped in and been much better than anyone imagined, but I would be careful about being too cavalier. The 2 and 3 TE sets have become a big part of our offense.
                  I'm just saying if their a player the cowboys value and Bennett is the kicker in the deal I think you do it. I like him as a player but his value to this team isn't what his talent should suggest up to this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                    We just don't get the most out of him. I don't know that we ever will. Our 2 TE sets are important to us, but not in the passing game. They are important to us in the run game (as an added blocker). That is a waste of Bennett's talent. If we can get a potential starter, we have to do it. A 3rd TE who blocks is not hard to find. Phillips can step up as the #2 TE and we'd be fine. He's a player.

Comment

We just don't get the most out of him. I don't know that we ever will. Our 2 TE sets are important to us, but not in the passing game. They are important to us in the run game (as an added blocker). That is a waste of Bennett's talent. If we can get a potential starter, we have to do it. A 3rd TE who blocks is not hard to find. Phillips can step up as the #2 TE and we'd be fine. He's a player.
                      I understand and if we could get a really good player at a position of need, like safety, then I'm willing to listen.

However, I just don't think his talents have been fully realized. Remember this is a college basketball player that actually gauged the interest of the NBA before he went FB full time. He's got tons of athleticism and I keep going back to the point that the kid's only 21 years old.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• You guys should trade Bennett. Even if he does wind up being a great player, he'll rot away on your team. And quite frankly, for all the hype he had in the offseason, he has been largely unimpressive during his time on the field.

Trade him while his price is still relatively high, and use whatever picks you can get to fill needs. He's nothing more than a physically impressive luxury right now who will probably waste away on the Cowboys.

I don't know if he has the passion to be great.

Comment

• You will never get value for Bennett unless he gets 60+ catches and that will never happen in Dallas. He was a wasted pick from day 1 given we had Fasano and gave him away for a 4th we used on McCrapper. (Another wasted 1st pick of the 4th round like Stanback)

Notwithstanding, given his obvious talent take a risk with upside, trade Witten for a 1st and promote Bennett. With two number 1s we can solve some issues including CB, Safety, LT or ILB with talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            You guys should trade Bennett. Even if he does wind up being a great player, he'll rot away on your team. And quite frankly, for all the hype he had in the offseason, he has been largely unimpressive during his time on the field.

Trade him while his price is still relatively high, and use whatever picks you can get to fill needs. He's nothing more than a physically impressive luxury right now who will probably waste away on the Cowboys.

I don't know if he has the passion to be great.
                            My concern is that Witten breaks down in the next 2 years or so. Witten has taken a beating and plays hurt so much. At some point, he's going to break down.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I dunno if I buy the "overrated because of the program"... I mean if that were the case, then why aren't all of the USC players overrated? The defense wasn't even good this year... compared to previous years (that is).

I would also take Earl Thomas over a LT or NT.
                              Carroll does a great job of hyping his guys to the NFL for recruiting purposes. It appears that Minus Polamalu no DB has had a great impact from USC. Mays is a talented college player......So wasn't Darnell Bing. Thomas is a great prospect if he comes out? Also, don't write off OL or DL. we may just get a prospect to drop. I know we all want the playmaker......It is the sexy pick. One thing that JJ doesn't understand is that sexy is not always the best pick. Look at the 05 draft.....11 players went before Ware and Merriman. Clearly Ware and Merriman were not the playmakers in college that the previous 11 were, but they are the best picks from 05! Would you pass up a higher rated DL or OL for a player with a weaker grade?

Comment

• Beating the Saints does nothing to change my mind that Wade and Garrett still have to go! JJ is kidding himself if he thinks Wade can win a Superbowl. He is still the guy that benched Flutie for Brad Johnson........

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information