Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Burns336
    Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
    T.O. didnt say thats why hes dropping the ball. you made that assumption based on deion and marshall saying thats what they believed. The doctors are the ones that said he wont be able to use the finger anymore and i would believe them over you. You're just a hater. without him we wouldnt be nearly as explosive. the guy is the only chance we have to make the SB. without him we are just an average playoff team.
    No he didn't say that's why he's dropping the ball, he said in last week's conversation with Michael Irvin that its his unhapiness that is causing those dropped passes. You see how he has an excuse. Hey I am sure there are plenty of receivers with the same problems as him. Nobody is going to have a perfect life but how can he say its a direct result in him dropping the ball. He has a mental issue, or should I say issues.

    We may not be as explosive but I bet we could be more productive with a guy like Dwayne Jarrett in here. Use Jarrett as your posession guy and Glenn as speed with Crayton in the slot as a little bit of both. Plus you don't have the distractions, excuses, or useless articles written every week about him.

    Owens has had a lot of key drops that say he makes those catches we may have won a few more games. Then the majority of his touchdown catches this season have had no impact on the result of the game ie the TD against Tampa Bay.
    i would have to disagree with you on this. Dwayne Jarret is nothing more than a young keyshawn at this point. Keyshawn had the hands and the height, he was reliable, and where did it get us? The argument is a little skewed because he had to play with bledsoe unfortunately, but i still dont like having terry glenn as the only homerun threat.
    Exactly. Romo changes a lot, and the Keyshawn comparison is fair which is why I think Parcells will take him if he is available at our pick. And a young Keyshawn means a dominant Keyshawn. We got Keyshawn at the downslope of his career and he still made out well here. I think Dwayne Jarrett would be an excellent addition to this team.
    "Red Ball"

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Poet3334
      Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      Originally posted by Poet3334
      Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      Originally posted by Poet3334
      Originally posted by sweetness34
      Originally posted by dpl85
      WE DON'T DESERVE TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!

      WE'RE CHOKING IN THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

      :evil: :evil: :evil:
      Um no, last week was the biggest game of the year for you IMO win or lose.
      Um no, you're wrong. This is the big game. If we would have lost, we would be out of first place.
      Beeecause you lost last week, in the most important game of the season. If you had won that game you not only would have won the division, but also had been the 2nd seed.
      So that makes this game the most important. What are you not understanding? We were still in first place. While it would have been great to have won that game, we did not. Since we did not, this game became the big one.
      1)Had you lost this game, but still beat the Saints you'd still be the #2 seed.

      2)Losing to the Saints gives the Saints the tiebreaker. Therefore, even if the Saints lose this week, they're still the #2

      3)Theeeeerefore, last week was more important for your playoff seeding than this week, regardless of the results of the other game.

      This isn't a matter of opinion, it's the way the playoff bracketing works. If you still do not understand this, I suggest finding some traffic to play in.

      Funny. Wrong, wrong , wrong. This will be my last post on this subject Einstein. The number 2 seed would not matter if we had lost this game. THIS game. We would not be in control of our destiny if we lost this game. I'm a helluva lot more concerned with BEING in the playoffs than with the number 2 seed.
      Dude you are going to be in the playoffs even if you lost this game, the NFC is that bad.

      And I'd be concerned about a #2 seed if I were you, because I can't see you guys going into New Orleans (which is probably where you'll go) and winning.

      Last weeks game was bigger then this week, like I said win or lose. If you win, you guys are the #2 seed and are in the driver seat for a first round bye. If you guys lose then you'll have to go on the road in the 2nd Round against either New Orleans or Chicago. This was a statement game for you guys and you got plastered at home on Sunday Night. Sure this was a big game as well but last weeks was bigger for multiple reasons.

      And like I said, you guys are already in the playoffs, whether or not you won or lose this game.


      Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

      Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

      Comment


      • I think it's safe to say at this point Tony Romo is for real!

        It will probably be overlooked because we won but I'm still extremely dissapointed and concerned with the play of our defense. We have talent but we seem to make way too many mental mistakes and it's incredibly frustrating because it seems like we're making the same kind of mistakes over and over again. Our inconsistent pass rush and pass coverage with our safeties and LBs is extremely disconcerting to me. I think the FB throws are the responsibility of the ILBs but I could be wrong about that.

        As for the offense, I really think Parcells is making a mistake by letting Tony throw so much and not relying more on the run game and MB3 who should be starting by the way. It hasn't really hurt us yet but I'm afraid it will eventually when we play against a better defense. Tony is still a gunslinger at heart and that is always worrisome as he sometimes makes indiscriminate throws/decisions as Parcells would say.

        Comment


        • Yep, Barber needs to start so we CAN establish the run and then open it up with Romo. If we did that we could easily be one of the most explosive offenses in the league. About the defense, I think we finally come together this next week against Philly and Parrish will also be active to help out. The reason we gave up the big pass plays is because we played a lot of man coverage trying to keep Vick's mobility limited. I mean it worked for the most part, the only problem is he passed on us and then we gave up 28 lol, but I think the big part is confidence. This defense is not confident right now. The Saints really did a lot of damage to the D emotionally but I think we hold Philly to 17 or less this week. Hold me to it.
          "Red Ball"

          Comment


          • Something that i noticed that nobody else picked up on was the play of watkins. He had a great game and he started. The big plays were on Henry when Nate Jones was in for watkins and on Glenn over at roys side of the field. I actually saw him directing people on 2 seperate occasions. He looked like he really understood where he needed to be for the first time this year. He manned up on crumpler a few times and had a TD saving tackle on vick where he came from the opposite end of the field to lay a hit on vick which actually caused dick vermiel to say "watkins is a big hitter out of FSU" (although we know it isnt true, it sure looked like it) I just hope he keeps up the progress and becomes and everydown player. Hopefully Parrish can add some stability as well.

            I saw the Owens interview, and yeah he is an asshole, but hes also the asshole who gives us the best chance to win. He provides a second deep threat that i dont see us getting from a Dwayne Jarret, and even though CTC said the catch he made in the corner of the endzone was easy, upon further review it really was a great catch.

            Comment


            • This is sad.. they reported before the game about TO's ligament tear in his finger and how he'll never be able to bend it again, and I was starting to feel a little more love for the guy as he was seemingly sacrificing something to keep playing. Hate to say it but it seems a little silly now with the whole spitting incident - he didn't even try to deny it on the Post Game interview. Just said he'll "apologize like a man and move on" while Deion looked at him and talked in a tone you'd use while talking to a kid almost. :P

              Kinda sad to see, really. TO wouldn't make eye-contact either.

              Also - only got to watch the first half, but Ware impressed me greatly. I saw a few plays where instead of rushing towards Vick and losing contain he kept shuffling alongside, and prevented quite a few scrambling opportunities. Great to see from such a young player.

              Comment


              • D-Ware's INT and subsequent return for a TD was one of the most athletic plays I've ever seen a defensive player make let alone a LB/DE. I don't ever want to hear that other guys name who was busted for roids ever again as it relates to the draft day comparisons.

                MB3 is a bad ace mother trucker! He delivers more hits than he receives, there's no reason he shouldn't be the starter unless we're just worried about chemistry by making a change this late in the season. MB3 literally ran over at least 2 or 3 people including Keith Brooking and Chris Crocker. He delivered a wicked stiff arm to Crocker. 8)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by dpl85
                  D-Ware's INT and subsequent return for a TD was one of the most athletic plays I've ever seen a defensive player make let alone a LB/DE. I don't ever want to hear that other guys name who was busted for roids ever again as it relates to the draft day comparisons.

                  MB3 is a bad ace mother trucker! He delivers more hits than he receives, there's no reason he shouldn't be the starter unless we're just worried about chemistry by making a change this late in the season. MB3 literally ran over at least 2 or 3 people including Keith Brooking and Chris Crocker. He delivered a wicked stiff arm to Crocker. 8)
                  I think we should stop putting ware in a stance. Hes much more effective rushing the QB when he starts from a stand and it doesnt hinder his rush defense. Either way, the guy has impressed me with his tackles and smarts, he isnt the sack machine merriman is but he is very solid all around. I think it also hurts that he doesnt have a compliment on the other side. I wish we had burnett over there but hopefully carp works out

                  Comment


                  • Ware's INT made Sportscenter's top 10 as the #1 play. Pretty freakish, I didn't get a chance to see it until a few minutes ago.

                    Comment


                    • This is dumb. Last night, we ran the ball 24 times. Jones got 13 of those, and came up with 26 yards. Barber took the other 11 for 69 yards and two TDs. I want to know why we force the ball to Jones when Barber is a better all-around back. I know, I know. "Jones is a home-run threat." But last night, Jones' longest run was 9 yards. Compare that to Barbers' 13 yard run as his longest. In fact, Jones has 5 runs for 20 or more yards. Barber has 4. One more play. Out of Jones' 247 carries (which happens to be 125 more than Barber). I want to see more Barber than Jones next game, because he's just plain better. He's a better runner. He's a better blocker. He's a better reciever. Plus, he's more of Parcells-type back.

                      BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • I agree, BP is throwing the ball way too much. I also agree that Barber should start and get 20+ carries a game. Im just not a fan of Julius Jones. I like backs who run for average, they sustain drives and wear down defenses. Barber is a stud.

                        I think the issue with the FB flats is the ILB is assigned to the FB, and your ILB isn't fast enough to get there in time. I think a quick remedy to that is move Carp inside and have him chase down the FB, but thats a tough thing to do now since he's coming to life on the outside.

                        I also think that the front 3 is doing a poor job. I attribute alot of your lack of pass rush to them.

                        Marcus Spears might be a bust.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by sweetness34
                          Originally posted by Poet3334
                          Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                          Originally posted by Poet3334
                          Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                          Originally posted by Poet3334
                          Originally posted by sweetness34
                          Originally posted by dpl85
                          WE DON'T DESERVE TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!

                          WE'RE CHOKING IN THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

                          :evil: :evil: :evil:
                          Um no, last week was the biggest game of the year for you IMO win or lose.
                          Um no, you're wrong. This is the big game. If we would have lost, we would be out of first place.
                          Beeecause you lost last week, in the most important game of the season. If you had won that game you not only would have won the division, but also had been the 2nd seed.
                          So that makes this game the most important. What are you not understanding? We were still in first place. While it would have been great to have won that game, we did not. Since we did not, this game became the big one.
                          1)Had you lost this game, but still beat the Saints you'd still be the #2 seed.

                          2)Losing to the Saints gives the Saints the tiebreaker. Therefore, even if the Saints lose this week, they're still the #2

                          3)Theeeeerefore, last week was more important for your playoff seeding than this week, regardless of the results of the other game.

                          This isn't a matter of opinion, it's the way the playoff bracketing works. If you still do not understand this, I suggest finding some traffic to play in.

                          Funny. Wrong, wrong , wrong. This will be my last post on this subject Einstein. The number 2 seed would not matter if we had lost this game. THIS game. We would not be in control of our destiny if we lost this game. I'm a helluva lot more concerned with BEING in the playoffs than with the number 2 seed.
                          Dude you are going to be in the playoffs even if you lost this game, the NFC is that bad.

                          And I'd be concerned about a #2 seed if I were you, because I can't see you guys going into New Orleans (which is probably where you'll go) and winning.

                          Last weeks game was bigger then this week, like I said win or lose. If you win, you guys are the #2 seed and are in the driver seat for a first round bye. If you guys lose then you'll have to go on the road in the 2nd Round against either New Orleans or Chicago. This was a statement game for you guys and you got plastered at home on Sunday Night. Sure this was a big game as well but last weeks was bigger for multiple reasons.

                          And like I said, you guys are already in the playoffs, whether or not you won or lose this game.
                          I'm never sure until I'm sure. Have you seen Dallas over the last couple of years? We can't afford to take anything for granted. I worry about about every game in December much like you do I'm sure. As far as the Saints go, yeah they destroyed us, but I would be more worried about the Giants if they make it. If we play the Saints again, I don't think it will end the same way. Call me crazy.


                          "You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                          Albert Camus

                          Comment


                          • Uh, Thule, how did those ATL WR look last night?

                            Ok, so from my ATL wish list that Mr Blank will make possible is Jenkins. He is fing fast and hands looked fine to me. Big too.

                            On TO, ugggg. Gotta go. No matter his skills.

                            Our DEs need to work very very hard on learning to pass rush. They look like they don't have a 'sense of speed' that JJ used to talk about.

                            Lastly, did I hear someone say our ILB are too slow and we need Carp's speed there?

                            Boy, maybe the professionals on this board should listen to other opinions ....

                            MB3 is a starter. Hope he packs on a few and becomes the feature back. Julius has no vision or instinct or balance to be a starter. When his contract is done, he is gone.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                              I agree, BP is throwing the ball way too much. I also agree that Barber should start and get 20+ carries a game. Im just not a fan of Julius Jones. I like backs who run for average, they sustain drives and wear down defenses. Barber is a stud.

                              I think the issue with the FB flats is the ILB is assigned to the FB, and your ILB isn't fast enough to get there in time. I think a quick remedy to that is move Carp inside and have him chase down the FB, but thats a tough thing to do now since he's coming to life on the outside.

                              I also think that the front 3 is doing a poor job. I attribute alot of your lack of pass rush to them.

                              Marcus Spears might be a bust.
                              I think the guy missing the flat assignment is the FS. He's(who the FS is) always coming in for the tackle and is near.

                              As for Spears..I wanted Luis Castillo I didn't care that he got busted. I thought he had better pass rushing skills and while not as good in run defense, could still stand his position. I think it's time for Jay Ratliff to get a chance to start. Canty gets a push but can't get off his man...so mleh

                              Comment


                              • How did Flozell play?


                                In Bob We Trust

                                John Madden's wedding video business

                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information