Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The way that the Giants used Derrick Ward, Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs last year was perfect.

Comment

• Utilizing three running backs almost never works. It sounds great on paper but, it's very difficult to get three involved. There is only one ball. Three is just too many. If I had my way...Felix would start and see the majority of carries with either Choice or Barber seeing a nice workload off the bench next year. Felix and Choice sounds fine to me, whatever. I just think Felix should be the guy that sees the most action. IMO, he's the best back on our team and it's not that close. He just doesnt get enough action.

The league is ever changing...the speed back is more dangerous than ever. And smaller, speedy backs like CJ and Jamal Charles are really flourishing...and carrying heftier loads. Hell, even Harrison has been great when given the touches. The averages for these guys are insanely high and they're steady. I dont see Felix dropping off at all with more carries. I think we're sitting on potentially one of the league's most dangerous weapons here. He's wasting away in this current role. Our offense is only going to get better the more Felix gets the ball.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        Utilizing three running backs never works. It sounds great on paper but, it's very difficult to get three involved. There is only one ball. Three is just too many. If I had my way...Felix would start and see the majority of carries with either Choice or Barber seeing a nice workload off the bench next year. Felix and Choice sounds fine to me, whatever. I just think Felix should be the guy that sees the most action. IMO, he's the best back on our team and it's not that close. He just doesnt get enough action.

The league is ever changing...the speed back is more dangerous than ever. And smaller, speedy backs like CJ and Jamal Charles are really flourishing...and carrying heftier loads. Hell, even Harrison has been great when given the touches. The averages for these guys are insanely high and they're steady. I dont see Felix dropping off at all with more carries. I think we're sitting on potentially one of the league's most dangerous weapons here. He's wasting away in this current role. Our offense is only going to get better the more Felix gets the ball.
        Only concern with Felix is that he's fragile and very injury prone. I don't wanna break him down and shorten his career. He's got a lot of promise to fulfill. I don't mind giving him 10-12 touches a game, but more than that is pushing it. If he shows he can handle that for a full season, then I give him more. But we've got to be careful with him.

Choice should be our human dummy bag. Using him at will.

Comment

• The fact that we have Choice...would actually make me feel more comfortable giving Felix the ball more. Because, we have some nice insurance. I really dont want us to continue to baby Felix. Yeah, he's had some injury problems but there has to come a time when you say F it, and give him the damn ball. Too many times, Felix has been absolutely killing it out there, averaging 8-10 yards a run and yet, Garrett will ignore that fact completely. And top him out at about 8 carries. At least the last three games he's topped 10 per game in each but, I def. feel he's still being under utilized.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            Only concern with Felix is that he's fragile and very injury prone. I don't wanna break him down and shorten his career. He's got a lot of promise to fulfill. I don't mind giving him 10-12 touches a game, but more than that is pushing it. If he shows he can handle that for a full season, then I give him more. But we've got to be careful with him.

Choice should be our human dummy bag. Using him at will.
            You know, that's kinda the strange thing about Felix is that during his college career, he never missed a game with injury. He was very healthy.
            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• This whole RB debate is why I never wanted to sign MBIII for big-time starter money or draft Felix ahead of Mendenhall. **CJ after the fact but no one projected what he has done and likely would never have done if not for being behind putrid passing Vince Young.**

I agree two RB is enough given (a) you only have one ball and (b) JG is a pass happy buffoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                You know, that's kinda the strange thing about Felix is that during his college career, he never missed a game with injury. He was very healthy.
                He got limited playing time at Arkansas b/c he was competing with McFadden, who was considered #1 overall draft pick material.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                  He got limited playing time at Arkansas b/c he was competing with McFadden, who was considered #1 overall draft pick material.
                  Jerrah can probably send Oggletree to Oakalnd and get DMac plus a 2nd right now.

Oggletree is fast.
                  Last edited by herniateddisc; 12-30-2009, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
                    Jerrah can probably send Oggletree to Oakalnd and get DMac plus a 2nd right now.

Oggletree is fast.
                    Ogletree made an outstanding catch @WAS. Loved it! He's really looking like a nice player. I think Patrick Crayton better watch his back. I'd rather give Crayton's snaps to Ogletree already. Sam Hurd is out of the question already. Ogletree has surpassed him, imo.

Comment

The way that the Giants used Derrick Ward, Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs last year was perfect.
                      Yeah but that offense is totally different than the one we run now, which allowed Eli to have a career year. It's a trade off. Football is not a video game. You want a more run oriented offense, with a nice mixture of Rbs that get used, then Romo's role gets reduced. All those 300 yard games go out the window, and you basically become our offense of the past. You really want that? I wanted the offense you guys have and even liked the offense this year for us. I was glad to leave that run oriented offense.

Comment

Oggletree is fast.
                        He's going to get McFadden and a 2 for a guy with six career catches? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...no.

Comment

This whole RB debate is why I never wanted to sign MBIII for big-time starter money or draft Felix ahead of Mendenhall. **CJ after the fact but no one projected what he has done and likely would never have done if not for being behind putrid passing Vince Young.**

I agree two RB is enough given (a) you only have one ball and (b) JG is a pass happy buffoon.
                          FYI, I wanted Chris Johnson over Felix and Mendenhall. I just don't preach it over and over to seek e-cred. ;) I wanted the nickname of our RBs to be the Dread head Brothers! Remember? With the first pick, I wanted Jenkins. I should take a picture of the dent in my wall where I threw the TV remote when we took Felix. lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                            Yeah but that offense is totally different than the one we run now, which allowed Eli to have a career year. It's a trade off. Football is not a video game. You want a more run oriented offense, with a nice mixture of Rbs that get used, then Romo's role gets reduced. All those 300 yard games go out the window, and you basically become our offense of the past. You really want that? I wanted the offense you guys have and even liked the offense this year for us. I was glad to leave that run oriented offense.
                            I like the way you shared carries between your backs and got all 3 involved. We just use 2 backs mostly.

As for Romo's vs Eli's stats... Cowboys only passed 4 more times a game than the NYG did in '08. I wouldn't say Eli's stats are held back by the offense not giving him throwing opportunities.

Comment

The way that the Giants used Derrick Ward, Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs last year was perfect.
                              actually it wasn't. thats the problem with having 3 backs, theres not enough carries to go around. Bradshaw barely touched the ball last year, he'd average like 4 carries a game if that.

He was our more explosive player, and most of us felt we were better off using him as our change of pace opposed to Ward, but Ward got the touches bc of seniority.

This year, he did very good, but he was playing on 2 sprained ankles all season essentially, so he was limited. He'll be a gamer next year.

For the Cowboys, I just think with the style of offense they play, TC is just a much better choice (no pun) for being the starting RB bc of his explosion.

Actually Jones is, but the guy can't stay healthy.

Comment

I like the way you shared carries between your backs and got all 3 involved. We just use 2 backs mostly.

As for Romo's vs Eli's stats... Cowboys only passed 4 more times a game than the NYG did in '08. I wouldn't say Eli's stats are held back by the offense not giving him throwing opportunities.
                                it depends...its the type of throws they make. the Cowboys are more vertical. bigger plays downfield.

both had very good seasons. You can argue for either of them. The truth is though that while both had very good seasons, the 3 guys ahead of them had better seasons so we really can't complain about our qbs getting snubbed in PB voting.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information