Trade for Adrian Peterson?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade for Adrian Peterson?

I was listening to Jerry Jones pre draft press conference and he mentioned if a certian running back fell to say 10-11-12 that he would highly consider tradeing up for that certian running back. So using the draft pick value chart i came up with that it would take there first there second there fourth and there early 7th to come up with the needed value to move to the 10th over all pick. But thats according to that chart so i dont know how realistic that is. What do you guys think about trading to get Adrian Peterson?

Originally posted by JGdovin82 View Post
    I was listening to Jerry Jones pre draft press conference and he mentioned if a certian running back fell to say 10-11-12 that he would highly consider tradeing up for that certian running back. So using the draft pick value chart i came up with that it would take there first there second there fourth and there early 7th to come up with the needed value to move to the 10th over all pick. But thats according to that chart so i dont know how realistic that is. What do you guys think about trading to get Adrian Peterson?
    I would love to trade for AD but, if AD did fall to 10... look who is is sitting there... the Texans. I find it highly unlikely they would pass on AD if he was there for the taking. There really is no way we could get AD in this draft. Now, Marshawn Lynch... it could happen.
    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 04-23-2007, 04:28 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      I would love to trade for AD but, if AD did fall to 10... look his is sitting there... the Texans. I find it highly unlikely they would pass on AD if he was there for the taking. There really is no way we could get AD in this draft. Now, Marshawn Lynch... it could happen.
      I agree that the texans at 10 makes it very unlikly to happen...

Comment

I would love to trade for AD but, if AD did fall to 10... look his is sitting there... the Texans. I find it highly unlikely they would pass on AD if he was there for the taking. There really is no way we could get AD in this draft. Now, Marshawn Lynch... it could happen.
        I think Jerry is referring to AD, not Lynch. However, it's a bit wishful thinking on his part, but definately within the realm of happening. I could easily see Houston trading down. Especially if we threw in Julius Jones and our first rounder. Houston isn't the smartest team by any means though they probably like to think so when it comes to draft day moves. Kubiak is a guy that feels any RB can come in and succeed in his "Denver" system. Spending big time money on a RB doesn't fit his ideology. It gives them a young promising RB in Jones and better value on CB where he could find one at great value at 22. There really could be something here.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          I think Jerry is referring to AD, not Lynch. However, it's a bit wishful thinking on his part, but definately within the realm of happening. I could easily see Houston trading down. Especially if we threw in Julius Jones and our first rounder. Houston isn't the smartest team by any means though they probably like to think so when it comes to draft day moves. Kubiak is a guy that feels any RB can come in and succeed in his "Denver" system. Spending big time money on a RB doesn't fit his ideology. It gives them a young promising RB in Jones and better value on CB where he could find one at great value at 22. There really could be something here.
          I dont see Julius getting traded on draft day. Jerry went into that a bit in his press conference today as well. When it comes to Houston... I understand Kubiak is the man there but, to pass up on two of the best RBs to come out in years in back to back seasons? I cant see it happening.

With all this being said... if Jerry could find a way to get AD in a cowboy uniform... I'd be the happiest man alive. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Mismi could trade down, also because they wont take AD, because rhey just drafted Ronnie Brown, and after AD theres no real value that they can draft at number 9. I think they want Joe Staley but he is a reach at 9.

Sig by Mockalicious

'''VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!''''

-Johnny Drama-

Comment

I dont see Julius getting traded on draft day. Jerry went into that a bit in his press conference today as well. When it comes to Houston... I understand Kubiak is the man there but, to pass up on two of the best RBs to come out in years in back to back seasons? I cant see it happening.

With all this being said... if Jerry could find a way to get AD in a cowboy uniform... I'd be the happiest man alive. haha.
              Kubiak was with Denver when they traded Portis for Bailey. They play the Colts twice every year. They want/need another corner more than a RB.

Comment

Originally posted by trademaster View Post
                Mismi could trade down, also because they wont take AD, because rhey just drafted Ronnie Brown, and after AD theres no real value that they can draft at number 9. I think they want Joe Staley but he is a reach at 9.
                Staley is another strong possibility.

Comment

Kubiak was with Denver when they traded Portis for Bailey. They play the Colts twice every year. They want/need another corner more than a RB.
                  Shanahan has to be brought into the equation as well. He was the man in charge after all.

Anyway, back to the Texans... Can you imagine the public out cry from the fans if they not only passed on Reggie Bush but, also Adrian Peterson? Also, that type of value doesnt fall to #10 that often...they would be crazy to pass on him.

I dont see AD falling that far anyway.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Staley is another strong possibility.
                    Right now Houston's biggest need is at T. If Brown and Thomas as gone they will probably most definetely trade down in order to get Staley later in the first. However, I highly doubt AP is dropping to them. If he slips past Minnesota @ 7, I think that Buffalo or Green Bay will be making some phone calls to trade up.

Comment

Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                      Right now Houston's biggest need is at T. If Brown and Thomas as gone they will probably most definetely trade down in order to get Staley later in the first. However, I highly doubt AP is dropping to them. If he slips past Minnesota @ 7, I think that Buffalo or Green Bay will be making some phone calls to trade up.
                      Yeah, I also have my doubts. Especially because ATL would probably scoop him up if Landry is gone and AD is there.

Comment

Yeah, I also have my doubts. Especially because ATL would probably scoop him up if Landry is gone and AD is there.
                        Depending on the team and the situation, I'd be willing to give up JJ, Ellis and a late round draft pick. Because I think we can get another OLB in round 2 or 3 to replace Ellis or add depth.

Comment

For sure ATL takes All Day if Landry is gone.

Comment

There once was a time when a man named Emmitt Smith fell...Stranger things have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by JGdovin82 View Post
                              There once was a time when a man named Emmitt Smith fell...Stranger things have happened.
                              Yes but, size and speed were an issue with Emmitt. AD doesnt have those problems, not at all. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information