Alan Branch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Branch

Listen to this question from a chat wrap on ESPN.com.

Todd (FL): How far would Branch slip - could he be skipped in first round completely?

SportsNation Mel Kiper: No. He's too physically gifted to slide too far. The thing that hurt him in my mind was that he wasn't that productive. Okoye had 55 tackles and Branch only had 25. The production just wasn't there. You're drafting him more on just physical prowess. He could go to 11 or 13 to St. Louis. He could go 23 to KC. He could go 25 to the Jets. He could go to any of those teams.
    Now I know some people aren't the biggest fans of biggest fans of ESPN or Kiper, and you can include me in that boat, but what does everyone think of Branch falling to #22? And if he does is there any chance we don't take him?

Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
    Listen to this question from a chat wrap on ESPN.com.

Now I know some people aren't the biggest fans of biggest fans of ESPN or Kiper, and you can include me in that boat, but what does everyone think of Branch falling to #22? And if he does is there any chance we don't take him?
    He could definately fall to 22, although I find it hard to believe he'd get past the Bengals and Broncos, but just because he's there at 22 doesn't mean we take him (see Steven Jackson)

Comment

Yea, but if he was at 22, I don't think we can pass him up. We would have our NT of the future, and a top 3-5 talent at 22.

Comment

If Lynch, Nelson and Branch are at 22, I can see Jerry trading down and we miss on all of them. It's my nightmare repeat of 2004.

Comment

I know. I will be honest, when we passed on Jackson, I cried. I literally cried. I was 14, and I cried.

Comment

I know. I will be honest, when we passed on Jackson, I cried. I literally cried. I was 14, and I cried.
            I was bouncing up and down so excited when we were on the clock...

then I heard the announcement and I threw my nerf football straight into the TV.

No lie.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post

then I heard the announcement and I threw my nerf football straight into the TV.

No lie.
              I was pissed, they even had the camera on Jackson, talking on the phone and going into his love for the Cowboys growing up. Ahhhhhhhhhh! I'm still mad about that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

I went to myy back deck and started crying and throwing stuff, and my mom tried to calm me down, lol. But if Wade makes Spears a pro-bowler I won't be as mad, and I think he will.

And M.O.T.H. I remember every bit of it. I even remember he was at the counter of the kitchen with his family in the background and he was on his phone. I even remember the color of his counter top, white.

:(
                Last edited by Achilles33; 04-25-2007, 03:21 PM.

Comment

No lie.
                  I thought it would take less than 30 seconds to get the card up, I was so freakin excited that we got a guy who most thought was a top 15 pick, I was jumping up and down yelling we jost got Steven Jackson, and then they said Buffalo is now on the clock, I smashed the keyboard of my laptop, was lucky I didn't break it, then I turned off the TV for a good 30 minutes or so cause I couldn't bear to watch....then after going outside for a breather I came back inside and convinced myself it was a good trade...in Bill we trust....but I don't know that I was happy about it till we landed Spears and DWare a year later.

Comment

Originally posted by jdnoyes View Post
                    I thought it would take less than 30 seconds to get the card up, I was so freakin excited that we got a guy who most thought was a top 15 pick, I was jumping up and down yelling we jost got Steven Jackson, and then they said Buffalo is now on the clock, I smashed the keyboard of my laptop, was lucky I didn't break it, then I turned off the TV for a good 30 minutes or so cause I couldn't bear to watch....then after going outside for a breather I came back inside and convinced myself it was a good trade...in Bill we trust....but I don't know that I was happy about it till we landed Spears and DWare a year later.
                    The rest of the draft made me more mad... Jacob Rogers, Stephen Peterman... I was not high on Julius Jones... Every pick, I was like... Who??? Patrick Crayton? I was just pissed at everything that day.

Comment

Sounds just like me.

Comment

The rest of the draft made me more mad... Jacob Rogers, Stephen Peterman... I was not high on Julius Jones... Every pick, I was like... Who??? Patrick Crayton? I was just pissed at everything that day.
                        We didnt do too bad late in that draft, with Crayton, Reeves, and Nate Jones but, overall that draft was a big failure.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

It was just a bunch of mediocre players.

Comment

It was just a bunch of mediocre players.
                            We got the most value out of the 7th. ha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              We got the most value out of the 7th. ha.
                              Was reading some site today that does draft grades 3 years later and we got an F for 2004, I don't agree with the F, because we did pick up the #1 pick and JJ has been pretty decent 2nd round value and Crayton in the 7th should get you some brownie points. I would at least give it a C- or D

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information