Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade Up Possible: But for who?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trade Up Possible: But for who?

    Jerry said in his press conference the other day the Cowboys would trade up if the opportunity arose, but who would they be targeting with a trade up? Rumors are it's possibly a RB, but then what happens with Barber/JJ? Just wouldn't make sense to me...Would it be Branch, Hall, possibly Reggie Nelson?

  • #2
    I think Lynch would be a possiblity if he falls into the late teens. I would love Branch at 22, but I don't think I would go up to get him. Frankly, Lynch is the only one I can think of that has a realistic chance of dropping that I would consider going up a few spots to get. Maybe someone come up with a name, but right now he's the only one that comes to mind.
    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


    -Douglas MacArthur

    Comment


    • #3
      Im pretty sure that Jerrys talking about Peterson if he drops to 10. We would have to give up all three first day picks to get him. The question is, would you make the move to get A.D.? I would personally but Im a O.U. season ticket holder so Im biased. Keep in mind that if we made the same move last year we would have gotten Leinart. Would you trade Carp, Fassano,and Hatcher for Leinart? Going into the draft last year Absolutely I.M.O.




      The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
        Im pretty sure that Jerrys talking about Peterson if he drops to 10. We would have to give up all three first day picks to get him. The question is, would you make the move to get A.D.? I would personally but Im a O.U. season ticket holder so Im biased. Keep in mind that if we made the same move last year we would have gotten Leinart. Would you trade Carp, Fassano,and Hatcher for Leinart? Going into the draft last year Absolutely I.M.O.

        Well, given what we know about Romo now, no, I would not trade Leinart for Romo. However, at the time, I can see your point.

        I would love AD, but that's too much to give up.
        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


        -Douglas MacArthur

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
          Im pretty sure that Jerrys talking about Peterson if he drops to 10. We would have to give up all three first day picks to get him. The question is, would you make the move to get A.D.? I would personally but Im a O.U. season ticket holder so Im biased. Keep in mind that if we made the same move last year we would have gotten Leinart. Would you trade Carp, Fassano,and Hatcher for Leinart? Going into the draft last year Absolutely I.M.O.
          I wouldn't trade Carp, Fasano, and Hatcher for Leinart on this team no, but if I needed a franchise QB sure. We traded a 1st and 3 2nd's for Tony Dorsett and that worked out pretty well, but who knows. Personally I like AD a lot, but like i've said in other threads Lynch at 22 is better value than AD at 10 imo. Of course if AD is there at 10 or 11 we can't say we'll just wait for Lynch at 22 because then we probably get neither one. I just think if you get the opportunity to get one of these guys at the right position for the right price why not.

          Comment


          • #6
            I agree with you jdnoyes.

            And for the record, I like Carp and he's going to be a good one. I also think Fasano is going to be a good one. Sometimes it's hard for a rookie to make an impact at TE. Not sure what his role is going to look like now with Garrett, but I think he will be a good one. I think the same thing about Hatcher. He showed some flashes and lets not forget, he made a big jump in competition so his adjustment time may be lengthened a bit more than normal. I think those three picks will turn out very well.
            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


            -Douglas MacArthur

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't think it's a matter of just one player. Jerry said there were a few guys on each side of the ball, offense and defense that he would consider moving up for.

              AD is the strongest hunch I get.

              I wouldn't read too much into it though as a lot of different factors have to fall into place for trades to get accomplished. Too many ifs.

              Comment


              • #8
                I dont think trading up to 10 is worth it. I love AD, but I think he is gone at 10. Lynch is overrated to me. I think guys like him come out every year.

                If Branch is there at 22, we take him, or I will cut of Jerry head and put it in my pocket.
                I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

                http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
                  I dont think trading up to 10 is worth it. I love AD, but I think he is gone at 10. Lynch is overrated to me. I think guys like him come out every year.

                  If Branch is there at 22, we take him, or I will cut of Jerry head and put it in my pocket.
                  Yeah, other than AD I can't imagine Jerry actually making the move. I tried to say that above, but I guess I didn't.

                  Lynch should fall to 22. As may Branch.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
                    I dont think trading up to 10 is worth it. I love AD, but I think he is gone at 10. Lynch is overrated to me. I think guys like him come out every year.

                    If Branch is there at 22, we take him, or I will cut of Jerry head and put it in my pocket.
                    Is it me, or are the threats towards Jerry Jones' life and well-being becoming more and more prevalent, as we inch closer towards the draft.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I listened to Jerry on the Ranch Report (or whatever). After listening to that, I think I know what we're going to do.

                      1. The player he wants to trade up for is AD.
                      2. I don't think we're trading down, but he wouldn't mind it.
                      3. If we stay at 22, it's going to be Jarvis Moss.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by reigle9 View Post
                        I listened to Jerry on the Ranch Report (or whatever). After listening to that, I think I know what we're going to do.

                        1. The player he wants to trade up for is AD.
                        2. I don't think we're trading down, but he wouldn't mind it.
                        3. If we stay at 22, it's going to be Jarvis Moss.
                        I'd be happy with Moss and Ware attacking backfields. Then rotating Carp with Moss in pass coverage assignments.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Paul View Post
                          Is it me, or are the threats towards Jerry Jones' life and well-being becoming more and more prevalent, as we inch closer towards the draft.
                          I would just lobotmize him. The courts would not be able to tell and you would go scott free.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Not sold on Moss... I really, really dont want to see us give up on Carp. He should be the starter at OLB...we drafted him for a reason and that was to get after the QB... he was phenominal at the college level... it's too early to bring another one of these hybrid guys in, IMO... at least not in the 1st round. Damn.... this draft is going to be crazy. :)

                            Thanks BoneKrusher^

                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              I'd be happy with Moss and Ware attacking backfields. Then rotating Carp with Moss in pass coverage assignments.
                              I'm warming up to that idea too.

                              I'd rather take your sig (assuming we can't trade down and out), but I think Moss could work like that.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information