Adrian Peterson hurt! (yes!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian Peterson hurt! (yes!)

Right on the front page, Scott has it in his "News Flash" section.

Could he fall more? Gives us a better chance to trade up for him.
    Last edited by Achilles33; 04-26-2007, 07:23 PM.

OK, you want to draft an injury prone Tail Back?

Comment

I read this yesterday on the Browns board...I agree this is good news....and broken bones don't make you injury prone...he is having freak injuries like JJ got. I mean it's not like he tore his ACL and is tweaking his knee...he is breaking bones which has nothing to do with how adapt you are to get injured...unless you have like a weak bone mass...which wouldn't make sense with the build of AD.

Comment

I still think the injury thing is no big deal, its just certain teams putting out info in the hopes that he falls a bit. There is no doubt in my mind he'll be ready for the season. The question is will he fall to 9 or 10 so that we actually have a shot at getting him.

Comment

Originally posted by jdnoyes View Post
          I still think the injury thing is no big deal, its just certain teams putting out info in the hopes that he falls a bit. There is no doubt in my mind he'll be ready for the season. The question is will he fall to 9 or 10 so that we actually have a shot at getting him.
          It all comes down to ATL...heres to hoping they want to steal Bush later in the draft.

Comment

Well a bone density exam would answer than question. But a person "prone" to breaking bones is not going to make it in the Pros -- the comeptition is bigger and faster....... so...........

Comment

Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
              Well a bone density exam would answer than question. But a person "prone" to breaking bones is not going to make it in the Pros -- the comeptition is bigger and faster....... so...........
              AD couldn't carry his weight and put up those numbers consistantly being "prone" to breaking bones. They also said that he was cleared fine medically at the combine...so you can erase that thought.

Comment

That maybe the most morbid Thread title ever.

Comment

Yes it definitly is good news, gives us a slighty better shot. I just want that great, franchise RB. JJ and Marion are fine, but they aren't great. I want another great one. I have been waiting since Emmitt left.

Oh and 1 more thing, why are pro athletes injuries always worse than normal people. Like AD, I broke my collerbone, and I could have played again in 3 weeks if our season wasn't over. My friend broke his collarbone square in half, and it looked like he have a knife coming out of his shoulder, and he was fine in a month and a half. Why is AD taking like 4 months? And why is Ted Ginn taking like 5 over an ankle sprain? And Micheal Bush like a year for a broken leg? My nextdoor neighboor broke his foot and he was fine in a month. I know there is different levels of braking bones, but a year? come on now. I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                    It all comes down to ATL...heres to hoping they want to steal Bush later in the draft.
                    Question for you Thule, you seem to be for a trade up for AD, but I know you are sour on Lynch even at 22. I'm curious to hear your reasons why, i'm sure you have stated why in another thread but I didn't see.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                      AD couldn't carry his weight and put up those numbers consistantly being "prone" to breaking bones. They also said that he was cleared fine medically at the combine...so you can erase that thought.
                      Well if he was cleared medically then they missed a broken bone apparently.

Just saying physicals do miss things. Not a Doctor but I do work with them.

Like I said -- if I where a team I would require him to take a bone density exam and make him do blood work to check for cancer markers.

If all clear I would agree with the assessment that AD is the bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
                        Yes it definitly is good news, gives us a slighty better shot. I just want that great, franchise RB. JJ and Marion are fine, but they aren't great. I want another great one. I have been waiting since Emmitt left.

Oh and 1 more thing, why are pro athletes injuries always worse than normal people. Like AD, I broke my collerbone, and I could have played again in 3 weeks if our season wasn't over. My friend broke his collarbone square in half, and it looked like he have a knife coming out of his shoulder, and he was fine in a month and a half. Why is AD taking like 4 months? And why is Ted Ginn taking like 5 over an ankle sprain? And Micheal Bush like a year for a broken leg? My nextdoor neighboor broke his foot and he was fine in a month. I know there is different levels of braking bones, but a year? come on now. I don't get it.

My point exactly. Smoke and fire go together and you need to be careful.

There is lots of FUD in the draft so you can't take these things at face value and must do you research.

Both Peterson and Branch have been torn a hole based on Medical Exams which may be right -- may not be rigth -- but when you are injured repeatedly it says something.

Comment

Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
                          Well if he was cleared medically then they missed a broken bone apparently.

Just saying physicals do miss things. Not a Doctor but I do work with them.

Like I said -- if I where a team I would require him to take a bone density exam and make him do blood work to check for cancer markers.

If all clear I would agree with the assessment that AD is the bomb.
                          Teams have known about it since the combine. It was just the public that just found out about it.

Comment

Charles Rogers made the collar bone injury infamous.

Here's hoping for Branch or Lynch.

Comment

I don't care where he goes, just so it's 10 or over. I put money on it when I heard about the injury.

12-1 he goes 10th
                              10-1 he goes past 10th

Let's go injury.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information