Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone scared that #22 overall will be a bust?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone scared that #22 overall will be a bust?

I read somewhere that having the #22 overall pick is a jinx, and I looked into it. Look at the past 15 #22 overall picks:

2006: Manny Lawson

2005: Mark Clayton

2004: JP Losman

2003: Rex Grossman

2002: Bryan Thomas

2001: Will Allen

2000: Chris McIntosh

1999: Lamar King

1998: Tebucky Jones

1997: David LaFleur (pick by the Dallas Cowboys)

1996: Marcus Jones

1995: Tyrone Poole

1994: Rob Fredrickson

1993: Darrien Gordon

1992: Alonzo Spellman

Now I know the jury is still out on Grossman, Losman, Clayton, and Lawson, but I don't see one good player on that list. They are all pretty much busts.

What do you guys think?

I dont believe in jinxes.

Also, you dont really have much of an argument.

2006: Manny Lawson

2005: Mark Clayton

2004: JP Losman

2003: Rex Grossman

2002: Bryan Thomas

These guys all had nice seasons last year and Tebucky, turned his career around.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

The jury is still out on those guys. The proven guys are all busts. And if you think Grossman, Losman, and Clayton had good seasons, what is a bad season to you, getting cut?

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
        The jury is still out on those guys. The proven guys are all busts. And if you think Grossman, Losman, and Clayton had good seasons, what is a bad season to you, getting cut?
        Then how can you say there a jinx if the jury is still out? Mornic. Clayton had one bad year and somehow now he's a bust? Losman made huge improvments this past season, and Lawson had a good rookie year. WTF are you talking about.

Comment

Grossman had a decent season, Losman had a great season, and clayton had nearly 1,000 yards last year.

Also, Bryan Thomas was exceptional last season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

yup Thomas really turned his career around gotta give him props for that

Comment

Bills fans think Losman is the second coming.

Comment

The jury is still out on the recent guys, but all of the older guys were busts, that is what I am saying. Jeez.....

From Will Allen down they are all busts. Actually, I looked at all the #22 overall picks from '86 to now, and there isn't 1 good player.

Comment

So let me get this straight....the guys drafted in the last 5 years are all doing ok and you think that the data from 1986 is more relevent?

Your opinion is TERRIBLE.
                  Last edited by LSUALUM99; 04-27-2007, 08:46 PM.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                  I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

How can you say they are doing ok? Rex Grossman sucks. I don't care if the Bears went to the superbowl, he sucks. The Jury is out to lunch on manny lawson. Who knows what JP Losman is, Mark Clayton had a good rookie season and a crappy one last year, and Bryan Thomas had 1 good year out of 5. How are they good. There isn't one good player on that list. I heard it from somewhere and I was just pointing it out. Wow.

Comment

How can you say they are doing ok? Rex Grossman sucks. I don't care if the Bears went to the superbowl, he sucks. The Jury is out to lunch on manny lawson. Who knows what JP Losman is, Mark Clayton had a good rookie season and a crappy one last year, and Bryan Thomas had 1 good year out of 5. How are they good. There isn't one good player on that list. I heard it from somewhere and I was just pointing it out. Wow.
                      Your confusing Marc Clayton with Michael Clayton.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Yea, sorry.

There isn't 1 great player on that list, and you can't argue that. So how do I get ripped apart for this?? w.e.

Comment

Oh so you heard it somehwere . Face it this thread is useless.

Comment

I heard on something that the #22 overall pick hasn't been very successful and I looked into it. If it is a pointless thread, just say so. I am just throwing up some crap to pass some time before the draft. Why do I have to get ripped apart for it?

Comment

I don't, because we just traded it for a 2008 Top 5 pick

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information