Darren McFadden?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darren McFadden?

Alright, I'm sure that I'm not the only one to put two and two together here. What are the chances that Jerry put together today's future 1st round trade for McFadden from Arkansas. Obviously, there are too many connections to dismiss it. First, they share the same alma mater, and Jerry is big into taking care of "his guys". Second, McFadden is the perfect type of "do everything" RB that Jerry covets. Third, Jerry has been talking of "bundling up" shamelessly the last two weeks, and there isn't anything more worth bundling up for than a future franchise RB. Fourth, Julius is going into the last year of his contract. Fifth....

You get the idea. So....is that what we should expect?

I sure as hell hope so.
    Originally posted by 21ST
    He was protecting his self
    Originally posted by tjsunstein
    From what? His leg?
    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
    That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
    "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

please please let us get mcfadden...I will cream my pants if we do. Too bad we have to wait 364 more days to find out.

Comment

Hey, don't steal my idea. :)

Comment

Also if Romo doesn't pan out, we are position to get a guy like Brian Brohm. Just throwing that out there. Not saying that I don't like Romo or anything, I am wishing he has another pro bowl season. I'm just saying just in case.

Comment

Romo will not have a pro bowl season and will be proven a fraud that he is. He is NOT a franchise QB and any blind man can see this...just go back and roll tape from last year. This team will regret this action I fear. If Quinn turns out to be the next Marino, Elway or that caliber of player we will have to endure the "why did you pass up a blue chip QB like that. The pick next year will NOT be in the top 5 in fact I would bet 10-15 range...........

Here is to hoping we can get a franchise QB with both those picks next year......but I am doubting it.

Comment

Browns are going 19-0 baby!

;)

Give Jerry Jones a hug for me we finally replaced Charlie got Fryed.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
              Browns are going 0-16 baby!

;)

Give Jerry Jones a hug for me we finally replaced Charlie got Fryed.
              There you go. Have fun next year in that division with a rookie QB and LT.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                There you go. Have fun next year in that division with a rookie QB and LT.
                Better than waiting another year to get the rookie QB, and it's not like Frye did any better.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                  Better than waiting another year to get the rookie QB, and it's not like Frye did any better.
                  Oh I agree, but you guys are going to struggle big time.

Comment

Oh I agree, but you guys are going to struggle big time.
                    I bet you guys are praying we go 0-16 ;)

I think that were better off this year with a rookie left tackle and a rookie QB (if they both start) than with Frye at QB and Shaffer at left tackle (He will be RT now THANK GOD)

Honestly, I don't think you can play any crappier at those 2 positions than we played last year, but we can find out.

Comment

Jerry was asked in his interview about this...he laughed and said what school does he play for again :P I got a good chuckle.

Comment

I could see it, but I'd rather us just resign Julius...

BoneKrusher

Comment

y resign an avg. back when you could get mcfadden. i dont think he gets resigned anyway.

Comment

If our LT situation is still unsolved and Flo leaves via FA, Sam Baker or Jake Long could be serious possibilities.

Comment

Also if Romo doesn't pan out, we are position to get a guy like Brian Brohm. Just throwing that out there. Not saying that I don't like Romo or anything, I am wishing he has another pro bowl season. I'm just saying just in case.

Even with the Browns pick there won't be enough ammo to trade up and get McFadden or Brohm.......
                              Last edited by tbraton; 04-30-2007, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information