Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear god I hate Skip Bayless.

Originally posted by Skip Bayless on Cold Pizza
    Cowboys made the stupidest move in passing on Brady Quinn....I'm not sold on Tony "Romeo"... He's 5'11 and sidearm...they made a big mistake.
    Why is this man on TV?

Comment

OMG Paul you just read my mind. I was about to post the same thing. I was just watching first and 10, lmao. He is the dumbest analyst I have ever seen. TOny Romo is 6'2 1/2'' and has an over the top release. How do these idiots actually get hired. He also said that Ginn will be a start and it was a great pick at 9. He is the worst analyst I have ever seen. When we have McFadden or Stewart next year, I will be laughing in there faces. We easily had a top 5 draft, and he is callling it the worst draft. LMAO. Just wait until Spencer is D.R.O.Y.

Oh and LSU, why are you so obsessed with getting a CB? We are fine there. Plus, don't look past Courtney Brown, that kid could turn into something. Our DBs are all fine, we just need pressure, and now with the addition of Spencer, Ware only getting better and better, and Wade Phillips' schemes, we are going to own. I expect a top 3 defense, and a top 5 total in INT's. I don't think at CB is necessary even next year. I hope we go RB with the cleveland's pick (McFadden or Stewart) and WR with our pick (Sweed or Doucet).
      Last edited by Achilles33; 04-30-2007, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 22,895 View Post
        Bingo! the posts robert_in_bigd have been on the money of what I would have said.

We passed up on good CB and WRs and also that big NT. Instead we got that Washington QB who never did anything when we (USC Trojans) played them, a FB and a Kicker. The O-Linemen that we got should be pretty good. Spencer
        should be good I guess, but we have a lot of money invested into out LBs and one of them is gonna sit on the bench the majority of the time.
        Stanback will play WR.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

While I couldn't agree more with the assessment that Skip Bayless is a total moron; to say that the Cowboys had a top 5 draft is not something I even remotely agree with.

Again, we traded out of the 1st round (we did go back into the round later) for NEXT year's pick. That means that next year's draft will be looked at as better because of it, but you can't give us credit this year and then next year say it was an 'A' because we got McFadden. That's giving credit twice.

I think we had a very average draft this year but set ourselves up for a potentially very good draft next year.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
          I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

LSU, why do you want a CB so bad?

With the pressure we will have this year, Newman is easily a pro-bowler, and Henry should be one of the best #2's in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
              LSU, why do you want a CB so bad?

With the pressure we will have this year, Newman is easily a pro-bowler, and Henry should be one of the best #2's in the league.

Because CB is the most premium position in the NFL. If you can draft one and he becomes a super star you save 50 million on the cap space and get alot more freedom in your defensive scheme.

Pressure on the QB is essential, arguably the most essential thing you need to be successfull on defense. However, there are alot of different ways to go about that. CB on the other hand, there isn't another way to play man to man than having a CB on an offensive player.

CB is a very difficult position to 'substitute' for. It's right up there with QB or LT.

Yes, Newman is good. But for some reason you seem to think that he'll never get hurt or that a great CB couldn't get actual playing time.

For instance, since we see lots of 3 wr sets wouldn't it be smart to have ANOTHER good CB to cover the slot guy since none of our safeties can and Aaron Glenn is in his last year on this team?

You know that term, BPA? That's what drafting a CB is if he's there. With scarcity, you should take him because he'll earn his paycheck from day one.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
              I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

A "D".

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.3827e9f.html

Comment

I am not against a CB, but I don't really think we need one, and who would you have taken at 22 or 26 that was BPA? Not Chris Houston, he was so overhyped, and his selection proved it. This was a horrible CB draft. Plus, we are going to give a mega contract to Terence Newman this year. And I think we will go offense with both of our #1's next year. Probably WR and RB.
                  Last edited by Achilles33; 04-30-2007, 02:53 PM.

Comment

He gave us a D and Philly a C? No way Philly had a better draft than us. They had serious problem at CB and LB and they didn't resolve them by any means.

In Bob We Trust

Comment

Thats why I never trust experts.

Comment

Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
                        While I couldn't agree more with the assessment that Skip Bayless is a total moron; to say that the Cowboys had a top 5 draft is not something I even remotely agree with.

Again, we traded out of the 1st round (we did go back into the round later) for NEXT year's pick. That means that next year's draft will be looked at as better because of it, but you can't give us credit this year and then next year say it was an 'A' because we got McFadden. That's giving credit twice.

I think we had a very average draft this year but set ourselves up for a potentially very good draft next year.
                        We surely need to factor in the raping of the Browns in our overall draft grade. Just because the pick will be made next year doesn't mean that we don't deserve credit for it today. The solution to the whole giving credit twice issue- would be to just temper our praise next year. Our expectations will rightfully be higher going in, and we should grade our draft as such. If we come away with an average draft despite having the extra 1st, then we deserve a low grade. If we do something spectacular with the extra pick, then it needs to be tempered with the fact that we indeed had an extra pick. And we should all look back on this draft and be thankful that we had the foresight and patience to cultivate something great. There's just no way that we can't include this coup in this years grade. It was the highlight of our draft.

Comment

Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
                          Because CB is the most premium position in the NFL. If you can draft one and he becomes a super star you save 50 million on the cap space and get alot more freedom in your defensive scheme.

Pressure on the QB is essential, arguably the most essential thing you need to be successfull on defense. However, there are alot of different ways to go about that. CB on the other hand, there isn't another way to play man to man than having a CB on an offensive player.

CB is a very difficult position to 'substitute' for. It's right up there with QB or LT.

Yes, Newman is good. But for some reason you seem to think that he'll never get hurt or that a great CB couldn't get actual playing time.

For instance, since we see lots of 3 wr sets wouldn't it be smart to have ANOTHER good CB to cover the slot guy since none of our safeties can and Aaron Glenn is in his last year on this team?

You know that term, BPA? That's what drafting a CB is if he's there. With scarcity, you should take him because he'll earn his paycheck from day one.
                          You know that I want a CB too, even in round 1.
                          But I still give us a B. First because you have to consider that we pick the guy we wanted plus adding a next year top 15 selection.
                          I like Spencer, I wasn't the biggest fan of drafting an OLB, but with Carpenter moving inside I like the idea of having two beastly rushers. Wade defense is all based on putting pressure with your OLB.
                          Then we picked two great OLs who could be starter. Free is a a great prospect, Kiper thinks that he has a great chance of being a very good LT. Marten is a mauler and he can be our future RT. With those guys we could be set at OT for years to come (hopefully). Philadelphia made his great line by drafting player not to contribute immediately. Herremans and their C (I forgot his name) weren't starters for their first year, now they are both good players. They drafted last year Justice to be their LT of the future.
                          I wanted a WR too, but with all the best guys gone by our third pick, I don't if we were able to pick a future starter. We have good #3 and #4 in Crayton, Austin and Hurd. So I like the pick of Stanback because he can be a different type of player.
                          Maybe we should have add a CB in the third instead of Marten but there were CB with good starting potential avaible?

In Bob We Trust

Comment

Alright I am hoping to eventually get to every team in the league, but I'm starting with the NFC East teams.

I liked the Anthony Spencer pick, gives a nice compliment to Ware and I think Carpenter is better suited inside...is that the plan? Anyway, Spencer would scare me a little bit though because I question his speed on the field, looked slow to me at times on tape.

Really liked the Marten pick, I would have taken him here for sure int he 3rd had be been there. Everyone lables him a RT for sure, but I think there is some LT potential in him, he really impressed me at that spot this past season. Do you think he'll be the starter there (LT) in 2008?

Stanback was a pretty bad pick IMO. I really don't see him projecting that well at WR but due to a lack of tape on him catching balls and running routes, it's hard to really evaluate the pick. I think the Cowboys could have used a WR with more promise there but it's not like any rook at that point was going to break into the top 3 WR on the depth chart anyway.

Never liked Free....many Giants fans asked about him leading up to the draft and I never really saw a lot of promise in him. Should be able to give you depth though and as a 4th round pick, you can't be upset with that. I don't see him ever being a starter at the NFL level though.

Folk...honestly I don't scout kickers, I just go by what I read on the internet about them. From what I read, I would have taken Crosby there but not a big deal. Is he expected to make the roster?

Anderson....did you really need a FB? Last year's FB is slipping my mind but I thought he did a find job last year.

Brown was a nice sleeper pick, many experts had him ranked pretty high. I think you could have used a CB a little earlier though, perhaps instead of Free. Don't know much about Ball other than remember him getting burnt by Rutgers a couple times, but 7th rounders....eh.

I gave you guys a B-....thought you could have used a better WR and CB but I like the depth along the line you added and Spencer could end up being one of the better players from this class if he gets a little faster...Phillips may have a field day with him.

Also, who are your backup QBs? Oh and I did not equate next year's 1st rounder into the equation....but obviously it will give you the extra edge in next year's draft.
                            Originally posted by Paul
                            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Free is an amazing pick. His only knock is strength, and everyone builds strength once they hit the NFL. He is the front runner to be our LT in 2008 IMO.

Comment

Kiper gave us a B by the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information