No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Draft Grade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to be on anyone's side here, but why are you bumping these threads? What do you hope to gain outside of internet pride? I think you're only hurting your cause here.
    "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
    ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Originally posted by E-Man View Post
      I think you're only hurting your cause here.
      You mean showing history to prove a point?

I really have no cause other than to call a spade a spade. But I really can't stand how intellectually dishonest and hyper-sensitive (younger) people are today.

This whole debate is a microcosm of society -- one half says whatever they want no matter if it is unicorns and pixie dust then they attack the other side for calling it unicorns and pixie dust .... then once it is proven over time they are/were wrong -- the pixie dust/unicorn dupes simply change the goal posts, deny what they wrote/said earlier and claim they were right all along.

Sad. Make a statement, insult the opposition, lie about them, eventually get proven wrong, deny you said it, say you were mis-understood, change the debate even when facts are presented, and then repeat cycle.

But it is what it is. And facts are nettlesome things.

Comment

Originally posted by herniateddisc View Post
        You mean showing history to prove a point?

I really have no cause other than to call a spade a spade. But I really can't stand how intellectually dishonest and hyper-sensitive (younger) people are today.

This whole debate is a microcosm of society -- one half says whatever they want no matter if it is unicorns and pixie dust then they attack the other side for calling it unicorns and pixie dust .... then once it is proven over time they are/were wrong -- the pixie dust/unicorn dupes simply change the goal posts, deny what they wrote/said earlier and claim they were right all along.

Sad. Make a statement, insult the opposition, lie about them, eventually get proven wrong, deny you said it, say you were mis-understood, change the debate even when facts are presented, and then repeat cycle.

But it is what it is. And facts are nettlesome things.
        It's just that you have a bad reputation form what I see as an antagonizer man. It's cool that you were right, but you have this us against them mentality. We're all fans of the same team, and at the end of the day we want the Cowboys to win. I want some peace in here ya know. Debates are cool as long as no one gets too prideful. We're all right and wrong about things........except Skip Bayless. He's always wrong, no matter how right he is.:D
        "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
        ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
          I normally agree with you BBD but to say we get a B because of next year's draft is a stretch. Next year's 1 is as yet to be a player. Who knows what that becomes. So, I just think the 1 is like saying "well we got an D" but I will give you and D+ cuz you may in the future do better on the test."

Not one player in this draft will play for the Cowboys in any meaningful way, including Spencer. If Wade does what I think he will the Front Seven will be much improved in pass rushing and the impact of a Rookie like Spencer will be minimal. Spencer was a luxury pick IMHO. AGAIN, he is the best rusher in the draft and he is a bette WOLB propsect than Ware. Ware is a much better SOLB and can actually cover a TE -- something Roy Williams can not do -- on first and second down.

The OL picks are good. Rather have my Tackle prospects than the Giants or any other team in the NFL. While Colombo and Flo are mediocre to say the least Free, Marten and McQuistan have talent. I think, baring injury, we have our answers at two key positions come 2008 and 2009.

The rest of the picks are pure garbage. Jones blew it on the WR front, the NT front and the DB front. We have not improved 1 bit in these positions since last year. Not 1.

We will continue to get killed covering Backs and TEs. If you spread the field on us and we don't get a sack we are still too slow in the middle of the field.

Carpenter will need to move inside which is another "developmental" year if you ask me plus you now verified Jones made a mistake with either Ayodele or James' contracts.

If Fergie goes down forget the season or one of the starting WR -- we are in deep pooh. Hurd and Crayton are not 1s. Austin could be put is raw. Pick a name NT is not ready unless we get someone off the waiver wire or get Kris Jenkins.

While last year's Cowboy draft may not have picked the best players b/c we went with Bill Guys (i.e., poor athletes for the picks) at least it made sense. Every pick made sense and you could see how they could help the team THAT YEAR.

This year, outside of Spencer as a third down guy, I see nothing of value to the 2007 team.

Grade D+ to C.
          Oldie but goodie?

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            1. Anthony Spencer - Great Pick. Addressed a big need. Serious DROY Candidate. Bright Future in Dallas. A+

To get an A+: Move up in Rnd 2 for Dwayne Jarrett
            for some reason this made me laugh real hard
            Originally posted by Benn-O,Aug 24 2009, 04:21 PM
            didn't you get kicked out of that club on 6th street cuz of your pants? oh right, you did.

bouncer was feeling your jnco's i guess.
            Originally posted by HERO,Aug 26 2009, 04:16 PM
            i prefer my women like i do my scotch....12 yrs old w/a splash of coke.

Comment

Originally posted by DeCrunkMAn View Post
              for some reason this made me laugh real hard
              HAHAHAHAHA. That makes me laugh real hard too.

Sadly, he's only shown flashes and has been a nonfactor splitting time with Ellis. DROY... LOOOOOL HAHAHAHAha.

Future still bright though! :p

As for Jarrett.... Wow, he's been good for nothing. I was wrong wrong wrong. Dead Wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Gribble View Post
                Oldie but goodie?
                'Yeah, oldie.

I have no problem with what I get wrong as well as right.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                  It's just that you have a bad reputation form what I see as an antagonizer man.
                  With all due respect, the antagonizers where the ones saying Madden, idiot, et al.

But yo, great weekend.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information