Isaiah Stanback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Complete disagreement there. Don't let the fact that DeSean can return kicks mold your opinion into calling him a Ginn. DeSean actually has good WR skills.
    I have seen DeSean and I was not impressed. Need I mention the Cal passing Offense is light years ahead of Ohio State.....

But if you wish to argue DJ is better than Ginn you have my vote. I thought Ginn was over-rated since he was a Freshmen. Jackson seems to have a more robust frame.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
      DeSean is Ginn.

As I said, it is moot. Let us see how Rice plays.
      I was expecting this reply. Jakcson is as fast as Ginn but that doesn't mean that he's the same receiver. Jackson runs good route (Ginn runs 3 routes, like Joey Galloway), Jackson has good hands (Ginn not), Jackson is way more polished.

But I think at this point is awful arguing with you about that. Not taking CJ into account, this year, teams gave 5 receivers first round grade. Rice wasn't one of them, it's a great stretch to think that he should have had first round grade next year, considering that (if some of the juniors declare) it will be a very good WR class.
      But for sure, Desean Jakcson will have first round grade, so it will be for another group of guys (during the season we'll see how many of them). There's no chance Rice should have been taken in the first next year, because this year there was no chance that he was going in the first but he still declared. I'm sure he's not that stupid to lose 1st round money for coming one year early.

And don't start the "they will be picked in the first round because the class is not that good" argument, because if you look back at the 2006 draft, only 1 WR was taken in the first, even if the class was very poor.
      Last edited by Modano; 05-16-2007, 02:48 AM.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
        Desean and Sweed would have gone before Rice.

I don't know if this is true, but I have to tell you, I have seen Sweed play a lot, and if he's the best WR in this draft, then it is the weakest draft ever. I want nothing to do with Sweed.
        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
          I was expecting this reply. Jakcson is as fast as Ginn but that doesn't mean that he's the same receiver. Jackson runs good route (Ginn runs 3 routes, like Joey Galloway), Jackson has good hands (Ginn not), Jackson is way more polished.

But I think at this point is awful arguing with you about that. Not taking CJ into account, this year, teams gave 5 receivers first round grade. Rice wasn't one of them, it's a great stretch to think that he should have had first round grade next year, considering that (if some of the juniors declare) it will be a very good WR class.
          But for sure, Desean Jakcson will have first round grade, so it will be for another group of guys (during the season we'll see how many of them). There's no chance Rice should have been taken in the first next year, because this year there was no chance that he was going in the first but he still declared. I'm sure he's not that stupid to lose 1st round money for coming one year early.

And don't start the "they will be picked in the first round because the class is not that good" argument, because if you look back at the 2006 draft, only 1 WR was taken in the first, even if the class was very poor.
          It is moot. Move on. I know what you think and so do you of me.

Comment

• Besides CJ, there are no future pro-bowl #1's in this draft. Maybe a sleeper from the 2nd day, but as prospects, there were none.

Comment

DeSean is Ginn.

As I said, it is moot. Let us see how Rice plays.
              You've got to be kidding me. That is an absolutely terrible comparison. They're both small, they're both fast, and they both are very good on special teams. That's it. Desean is a much, much more polished reveiver than Ginn, and DeSean still has another year to improve. Desean runs better routes, has better hands, is more physical, and still has the sped Ginn has. If you really think that this is a valid and respectable comparison, you need to stop pretending to know about football, and WATCH THEM! Draw your conclusions about players from the play on the field not that you heard that DeSean was fast, so he must be like Ginn. And even if that was a valid comparison, Ginn was still picked 35 picks ahead of Rice!

BoneKrusher

Comment

• wow...amazing how some of you guys can be so hard on a guy when you have yet to see how he performs in pre season at the least....i know there were just the same, if not more people who thought crayton wouldnt make the team either...you cant judge how hard a player will work, or what his work ethic will be like...

yes he's a project, 50/50 chance, but its crazy to say he honestly wont amount to anything yet

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

JDNOYES & DMW ... you must have missed it ....... each pick 36 to 159 is likely on the active 45 man roster ........

36- Sidney Rice (WR) -- our replacement for Hurd or Crayton, future #1
                  53- Gerald Alexander (S) -- Free Safety
                  87- Paul Soliai (NT) -- Back up NT
                  122- Doug Free (LT) -- Future LT
                  159- Mike Coe (CB) -- Get rid of Reeves or Jones ....
                  195- Jacob Ford (OLB) -- Backup and special teams, Burnett replacement
                  200- Jordan Palmer (QB) -- Development QB
                  212- Ben Patrick (TE) -- Talented TE, replace Curtis
                  234- Brandon Siler (ILB) -- Back up for now
                  237- 370lbs Thomas (NT) -- Dreamy dreams
                  Here was my 2007 draft ......

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information