No announcement yet.

Isaiah Stanback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is one hell of an athlete as well. He got drafted last year by the Orioles and he hasn't played Baseball since high school.

Comment

I don't give one damn how good of an athlete he is, or what his 100m was, or how some stupid baseball team used a 46th rounder on his ass. I want a good football player, and the facts are that those top 10 4th round picks are more valuable, imo, than late 3rd rounders are.

For some reason, really good players always slide to the 2nd day, and that allows teams to collect their breath, look around and realize who they were letting slip. This is evidenced by the fact that most of the "best availabe" are gone very early in the 4th round, rather than continuing to slide into the 5th.

That was a premium pick, and it needed to bring us a good player that could contribute this year, while playing at a position that we need. Tanard Jackson would have been perfect, so would have Bush. Isaiah Stanbach is a nobody, and I can't believe my team used a premium draft choice on a guy that was going to be available at 122. I will never get over this.
      Originally posted by 21ST
      He was protecting his self
      Originally posted by tjsunstein
      From what? His leg?
      Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
      That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
      "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Oh yes you will. This kid is special. He probably would have been a 2nd rounder if he didn't get hurt.

Comment

2nd rounder? come on its time to leave fantasy land. It was the worst pick of our draft and at best becomes a third reciever comprable to Arnaz Battle. And thats after three years of the process of going from QB to WR
          Last edited by Im_a_Romosexual; 05-01-2007, 07:56 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
            I don't give one damn how good of an athlete he is, or what his 100m was, or how some stupid baseball team used a 46th rounder on his ass. I want a good football player, and the facts are that those top 10 4th round picks are more valuable, imo, than late 3rd rounders are.

For some reason, really good players always slide to the 2nd day, and that allows teams to collect their breath, look around and realize who they were letting slip. This is evidenced by the fact that most of the "best availabe" are gone very early in the 4th round, rather than continuing to slide into the 5th.

That was a premium pick, and it needed to bring us a good player that could contribute this year, while playing at a position that we need. Tanard Jackson would have been perfect, so would have Bush. Isaiah Stanbach is a nobody, and I can't believe my team used a premium draft choice on a guy that was going to be available at 122. I will never get over this.

Who else would you have taken that was going to contribute immediately?
            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I'll be on the stanback bandwagon if he can be our 3rd qb/contribute on every special teams unit/and work into a future WR role...make the team as a WR...not Green who showed he couldn't do it. If he can do all of the above...I'll wait until saying it was a bad pick. That is a lot for a player to learn...so it'll be interesting.

Comment

On Talkin' Cowboys today, Jeff Ireland said this kid is going to be something, and get your popcorn ready. He has so much talent. You have to be creative. He is to good not make a roster. You have to do something with him. Ireland also said he should have an immediate impact.
                Last edited by Achilles33; 05-02-2007, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Was a wasted pick. Classic Jerry Jones on a fishing expedition.

Not only that we could have likely taken Stanback in the 5th or 6th.

We just don't have much in the way of 2007 talent outside of Spencer. This is why we failed.

We don't need much to go to the big dance but this draft does not really get us closer -- it just got us some physically talented kids to develop.

Comment

We'll see. Can he actually translate the size and speed into WR skills or will he be just another Randal Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post

We just don't have much in the way of 2007 talent outside of Spencer. This is why we failed.

We don't need much to go to the big dance but this draft does not really get us closer -- it just got us some physically talented kids to develop.
                      Why do you wait till you see what role they will assume and see them in action and read reports before you come out with such bold statements...I really try to read all of your posts....but I mean...how can you honestly know that Stanback won't make the team and won't contribute. You are like the polar opposite of Tnew.

Comment

I didn't like the Stanback pick, and still think its a longshot that he will ever amount to anything, but to say we failed before a single one of these guys has ever set foot on the field is quite a bold statement.

Comment

Thule, I am providing an opinion. That is all. I am hoping I can back it up with some insights.

I have really gone through this draft in my mind and put up a 45 man roster and I just don't see it. I almost convinced myself otherwise on Sunday night but just can't see it.

Stanback as WR or QB? A full back? A kicker? Two developmental LT? Two developmental CB?

Comment

Stanback will make the team. And robert in big D, are you saying Free and Martan and Brown and Ball won't make the team? I don't think Ball will make the team, but I think the others will.

Comment

Thule, I am providing an opinion. That is all. I am hoping I can back it up with some insights.

I have really gone through this draft in my mind and put up a 45 man roster and I just don't see it. I almost convinced myself otherwise on Sunday night but just can't see it.

Stanback as WR or QB? A full back? A kicker? Two developmental LT? Two developmental CB?
                              I can relate to how your feeling...but who could have saw us keeping Miles Austin last year...he had a weak TC...weak preseason...yet he still made the team over a guy like Rector who clearly outperformed him. Noone could even really forsee us keeping 5 WR's last year....in a 2 TE scheme it seemed ludacris...but after the fact...who coulda scene us keeping a KOS too...crazier things have happened...I won't write off a draft until TC...and if they make the team...they have 3 years to put up. Obviously higher drafted prospects need to show a little more earlier than a 2nd day guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
                                Stanback will make the team. And robert in big D, are you saying Free and Martan and Brown and Ball won't make the team? I don't think Ball will make the team, but I think the others will.
                                O will he?...serious man...atleast say Stanback has a good chance or something...you don't know the future.

If Free can outplay McQ on the outside...he has a roster spot...that'll be fun to watch in TC.
                                Marten will need to show some versatility I think. Mainly need to prove that he can man the RT position...and also that he can play interior OL if needed.
                                Procter is going to have to show snapping ability or outplay Marten to make the team.
                                McQ is going to have to outplay Free...or else win a job on the inside over Procter...and likely show that he is a better player than Marten. Because in reality if he can't win the LT job...he has 2 guys to outperform to make this roster...I think he is in a world of hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information