Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isaiah Stanback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Exactly.....




    The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

    Comment


    • Robert in Big D, what is wrong with you. We had a great draft. I don't know why you are crying like a little girl.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
        But it will 1) take some time to develop, 2) require the guys they replace lose their talent and effort and 3) require the coaches trust them. The closest to the field should be Spencer and he needs to beat Ellis, Singleton, Carpenter and Glymph for meaningful time. The others ,,,,, get to watch under the most optimistic probable scenarios.
        And guess why! If a team wants to make a super bowl run, or at least is regarded as one of the better teams in his conference, you can't expect his rookies to have a big impact from their first season.

        1 19 Antonio Cromartie CB Florida State
        2 50 Marcus McNeill T Auburn
        3 81 Charlie Whitehurst QB Clemson
        5 151 Tim Dobbins ILB Iowa State
        6 187 Jeromey Clary T Kansas State
        6 188 Kurt Smith K Virginia
        7 225 Chase Page DT North Carolina
        7 227 Jimmy Martin G Virginia Tech

        What is this list? It's the list of draft picks by the Chargers' last year. They were expected to make a super bowl run, so their rookies dind't have a huge impact.
        The only guy who was an immediate starter for them was Marcus McNeil, who was a great surprise.
        Cromartie became the NB late in the season (and they had a lot more problems than us with their CBs), Whitehurst was their 3rd string QB, Dobbins, made 19 tackles, Clary, Smith, Martin are no longer on the team.


        In Bob We Trust

        John Madden's wedding video business

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

        Comment


        • Love the picture Achilles. Seriously funny.

          Wait till October ladies then I can hear you whine like with Carpenter and Fasano last year.

          Nobody likes a know it all! Precisely guys. We have differing opinions.

          On football, I have stated repeatedly you guys know CFB players better. I know team chaos better. What more can I say.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Modano View Post
            And guess why! If a team wants to make a super bowl run, or at least is regarded as one of the better teams in his conference, you can't expect his rookies to have a big impact from their first season.

            1 19 Antonio Cromartie CB Florida State
            2 50 Marcus McNeill T Auburn
            3 81 Charlie Whitehurst QB Clemson
            5 151 Tim Dobbins ILB Iowa State
            6 187 Jeromey Clary T Kansas State
            6 188 Kurt Smith K Virginia
            7 225 Chase Page DT North Carolina
            7 227 Jimmy Martin G Virginia Tech

            What is this list? It's the list of draft picks by the Chargers' last year. They were expected to make a super bowl run, so their rookies dind't have a huge impact.
            The only guy who was an immediate starter for them was Marcus McNeil, who was a great surprise.
            Cromartie became the NB late in the season (and they had a lot more problems than us with their CBs), Whitehurst was their 3rd string QB, Dobbins, made 19 tackles, Clary, Smith, Martin are no longer on the team.
            1) First two picks where expected to play immediately.

            2) No one expected a SB run with a newbie QB. That is why they went Whitehurst.

            Bad example. Try again.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
              1) First two picks where expected to play immediately.

              2) No one expected a SB run with a newbie QB. That is why they went Whitehurst.

              Bad example. Try again.
              What are you talking about a whole bunch of people had them going to the Super Bowl! They had the best player in the NFL a great defense and Rivers had 2 years to sit and learn. And as you said earlier nobody likes a know it all!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
                What are you talking about a whole bunch of people had them going to the Super Bowl! They had the best player in the NFL a great defense and Rivers had 2 years to sit and learn. And as you said earlier nobody likes a know it all!
                Very very very few had the San Diego Chargers going to the Super Bowl last year with Phillip Rivers making his first start at the beginning of 2006.

                Nobody likes a know it all but what is more distasteful are individuals who disagree for the sake of disagreeing without addressing what you are disagreeing about.

                Focus. Stop re-writing history. Coming out of the 2006 draft both Cromartie and McNeill where expected to play. No one expected the Chargers to be that good, let along SUper Bowl contenders. Everyone has them 3rd or 4th in their own division with Denver and KC ahead of them. In fact some folks thought OAK was better. On a book basis, San Diego was 30-1 and the Raiders where 15 -1.

                Stop confusing outcomes with expectations. Google it as your generation says if you need proof.

                So, try again.
                Last edited by robert_in_bigd; 05-04-2007, 02:37 PM.

                Comment


                • Thank robert in big D, I thought you would like it.

                  Anyway, I can understand why you aren't thrilled particularly thrilled with this draft. Because Spencer and the 2 lineman, much doesn't pop out as future starters. But, Stanback has amazing potential, and will contribute immediatly, Folk could be a good kicker, and Brown could be a good CB somewhere down the line will his tools.

                  The fact that we got Spencer and a top 5 pick should already make you excited. Oh well, suite yourself.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
                    Thank robert in big D, I thought you would like it.

                    Anyway, I can understand why you aren't thrilled particularly thrilled with this draft. Because Spencer and the 2 lineman, much doesn't pop out as future starters. But, Stanback has amazing potential, and will contribute immediatly, Folk could be a good kicker, and Brown could be a good CB somewhere down the line will his tools.

                    The fact that we got Spencer and a top 5 pick should already make you excited. Oh well, suite yourself.
                    I will get jacked next year once it is here. Hope Cleveland decides to scrap 2007 and start Quinn with Thomas. Rookie LT and QB with a bad running game... how beautiful.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
                      Very very very few had the San Diego Chargers going to the Super Bowl last year with Phillip Rivers making his first start at the beginning of 2006.

                      Nobody likes a know it all but what is more distasteful are individuals who disagree for the sake of disagreeing without addressing what you are disagreeing about.

                      Focus. Stop re-writing history. Coming out of the 2006 draft both Cromartie and McNeill where expected to play. No one expected the Chargers to be that good, let along SUper Bowl contenders. Everyone has them 3rd or 4th in their own division with Denver and KC ahead of them. In fact some folks thought OAK was better. On a book basis, San Diego was 30-1 and the Raiders where 15 -1.

                      Stop confusing outcomes with expectations. Google it as your generation says if you need proof.

                      So, try again.
                      No, they weren't. Cromartie was expected to play the nickel defense, and no one should have expected this type of season by McNeill, wo was projected to begin the season on the bench.
                      By the way, our first round pick will have more impact than Cromartie, and Anderson could be our starting FB. Here they are your two players.


                      In Bob We Trust

                      John Madden's wedding video business

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

                      Comment


                      • Not to mention there defense. :)

                        Comment


                        • Yeah, the Chargers were not the pick by most for the Superbowl run...

                          ...but as to the theme of this thread, I love the idea of a guy who's an athlete and has the ability to throw as well. He's a dangerous tool used in a lot of different ways. I'd like to think of him more of a WR/RB/QB. He can take direct snaps in certain scenarios... He's going to lead to a lot of second guessing for defenses.

                          I think it's an exciting season coming up for Dallas one way or another. Time for the 'Boys to build off the play-off buzz...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Modano View Post
                            No, they weren't. Cromartie was expected to play the nickel defense, and no one should have expected this type of season by McNeill, wo was projected to begin the season on the bench.
                            By the way, our first round pick will have more impact than Cromartie, and Anderson could be our starting FB. Here they are your two players.

                            Once again the reading comprehension function is off........ You are arguing something having nothing to do with the point you originally made.

                            1) McNeill and Cromartie where expected to play starting in 2006. How much or how well is always a wild card. All I pointed out was that in SD's 2006 draft they drafted to fill needs for 2006 with their early picks. Not developmental dudes for 2010 like the Cowboys have with this year's draft

                            2) If you think our first two will do as well as Cromartie and McNeill -- well shoot I hope you are right. But this is a PREDICTION that may rsult wrong. I think it will result wrong.

                            3) A 6th round full back? We are talking about a 6th round full back? What happin to Stanback becoming Jerry Rice next year?

                            Get off these newbies jocks till they prove something. One thing is hope and another are rationale expectations given where they where drafted and what our softest spots are. The weaker you are in a position the more likely a 6th rounder will play.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
                              Once again the reading comprehension function is off........ You are arguing something having nothing to do with the point you originally made.

                              1) McNeill and Cromartie where expected to play starting in 2006. How much or how well is always a wild card. All I pointed out was that in SD's 2006 draft they drafted to fill needs for 2006 with their early picks. Not developmental dudes for 2010 like the Cowboys have with this year's draft

                              2) If you think our first two will do as well as Cromartie and McNeill -- well shoot I hope you are right. But this is a PREDICTION that may rsult wrong. I think it will result wrong.

                              3) A 6th round full back? We are talking about a 6th round full back? What happin to Stanback becoming Jerry Rice next year?

                              Get off these newbies jocks till they prove something. One thing is hope and another are rationale expectations given where they where drafted and what our softest spots are. The weaker you are in a position the more likely a 6th rounder will play.
                              I've said that the Cowboys, like the Chargers last year, are expected to be a contender in their conference. If you have a team that could be a contender you can't expect their rookies to had a major impact.

                              McNeil wasn't expected to start the season from game 1. There were some major question marks on him, like his problems with his back. And Cromartie didn't play that much too. He was their nickel and dime back, and he played above average. He had some shinings moments but some bad ones too, like being torched in the game againts the Bengals. He wasn't drafted to contribute immediately, because he even didn't play his last season in college.

                              So their first two picks weren't picked to contribute from the first game. That's pretty much a fact. They were very high on McNeill, but usually you don't see a rookie LT starting.
                              And I'll repeat that once again: Cromartie missed and entire season due to injuries, he wasn't expected to start, he was draft for the future because a) until last season, Jammer was an above averager corne b) Florence is nothing special

                              They filled their needs for the future, they drafted devolopmental guys. They were lucky, because McNeill had an amazing season, but usually if you draft a LT you don't expect him to start in his first season.

                              The Cowboys pressing needs were two: an increment of pass rush, and a couple of OLs for the future.
                              They take Spencer (who is expected to start or at least be an important player for the rotation) to solve the pass rush problems, and they pick Marten and Free to be the replacement for Adams and Colombo. And if you want to draft OTs, you have to draft a developmental guy, someone who should sit on the bench for at least 1 year.

                              Which needs for the 2006 should we have picked?
                              The only two things that come in my mind are safety and cornerback. You can make a point for the safety, but a rookie CB could have played only the nickel or dime spot.


                              In Bob We Trust

                              John Madden's wedding video business

                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Modano View Post
                                I've said that the Cowboys, like the Chargers last year, are expected to be a contender in their conference. If you have a team that could be a contender you can't expect their rookies to had a major impact.

                                McNeil wasn't expected to start the season from game 1. There were some major question marks on him, like his problems with his back. And Cromartie didn't play that much too. He was their nickel and dime back, and he played above average. He had some shinings moments but some bad ones too, like being torched in the game againts the Bengals. He wasn't drafted to contribute immediately, because he even didn't play his last season in college.

                                So their first two picks weren't picked to contribute from the first game. That's pretty much a fact. They were very high on McNeill, but usually you don't see a rookie LT starting.
                                And I'll repeat that once again: Cromartie missed and entire season due to injuries, he wasn't expected to start, he was draft for the future because a) until last season, Jammer was an above averager corne b) Florence is nothing special

                                They filled their needs for the future, they drafted devolopmental guys. They were lucky, because McNeill had an amazing season, but usually if you draft a LT you don't expect him to start in his first season.

                                The Cowboys pressing needs were two: an increment of pass rush, and a couple of OLs for the future.
                                They take Spencer (who is expected to start or at least be an important player for the rotation) to solve the pass rush problems, and they pick Marten and Free to be the replacement for Adams and Colombo. And if you want to draft OTs, you have to draft a developmental guy, someone who should sit on the bench for at least 1 year.

                                Which needs for the 2006 should we have picked?
                                The only two things that come in my mind are safety and cornerback. You can make a point for the safety, but a rookie CB could have played only the nickel or dime spot.
                                The Chargers were not expected to contend last year. The Cowboys were. Why do you insist on twisting this around? Either way.

                                The Chargers took good talent in 2006 at the spots they needed (CB and LT). It paid off big time. Cowboys did not do that this year regardless of the fact these guys may all be fantastic .... but in 2009.

                                With respect to the Cowboys in 2006, I personally stated we should have gone Lawson for WOLB and move Ware to SOLB. I was called nuts by many of the "Vets" on the board. We took Carpenter as a SOLB. I like Carpenter but not for what the Cowboys needed in 2006 .... a pass rushing WOLB which Lawson could have been a better fit. A horrid decision driven by BP with Jerry's silliness.

                                Fast forward the past 2006 season with a poor rush so we go into the 2007 offseason by .... drafting another OLB (Spencer) because Carpenter was not the guy at WOLB or SOLB, Ware is the best SOLB in the NFL but not WOLB.

                                Problem is we are now overloaded at LB (**so much so our rejects go to the Saints and start**) that our ILB "Leader" Bradie James ($20MM) is expected to ride the pines b/c Carpenter is a better overall talent and we have 1st round money on him.

                                In summary we used the 18th pick on an ILB in 2006, passed on a passing rushing WOLB (Lawson), had to redraft a WOLB in 2007 (Spencer), need to reposition our All Pro OLB to the Strong Side (Ware) and mis-spent $20MM on a great back up (James).

                                FANTASTIC JERRY!!!!!!! And Bill.

                                By the way, with Wade's system the talent from 2006 would be much better rushing the QB so .. the Spencer move reaked of desperation when none really should have existed.

                                To boot in 2006, we went Fasano which was dumb given we had Witten and Flo was coming off a knee injury. Hello McNeill.

                                This year's draft was no different in terms of mistakes made IMHO and the repercussions going forward.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information