NT Manny Wright

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NT Manny Wright

I remember last year this guy was being talked about as someone who had potential. Dolphins just released him, but from what I've read they had good depth at the position and didn't really see where Wright fit into the plans of Cameron's Dolphins since Wright is a Saban project. Anyone have an input on the guy?

Why would we sign this fat crybaby?

Comment

I remember watching his high school tape when he got recruited to USC. Amazing how his career has derailed. He used to be DOMINANT.

Comment

You might be confusing Rodrique Wright with Manny. Manny came out two years ago, as an entrant into the supplemental draft, while Rodrique--who was also highly regarded--was a 7th rounder to the same team after being projected as a possible 1st rounder early in his college career.

Still, I wouldn't mind taking a flier on Manny. At this point, you're willing to try anything to get some reliable insurance policy for Ferguson.
        Originally posted by 21ST
        He was protecting his self
        Originally posted by tjsunstein
        From what? His leg?
        Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
        That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
        "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Keep in mind, Phillips is on record as saying that in his 3-4, he doesn't necessarily want a Ted Washington type. He wants guys that move, not just eat up space (no pun intended).

In fact, I heard or read somewhere that there's some talk about giving spears some reps at NT.
          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
            You might be confusing Rodrique Wright with Manny.

Rodrique Wright was a DT from Texas IIRC. Manny was a project who had the protential to yield first round caliber results. It became pretty clear early on however that wouldn't happen. Especially with the whole Nick Saban making him cry on the practice field thing.

Comment

Nah, I'm not confused with Rod Wright... Whatever happened to him?

Comment

I just remembered he came out of USC before he really had a chance to develop, but he had a boat load of potential as far as measurables and athletic ability. I had totally forgot about that thing with him crying though, that just means he has no where near the amount of mental toughness needed to play in this league. Too bad.

Comment

Ireland also had some insightful comments about the Cowboys NT position today. He said he knows the fans are concerned about Fergy's backup, but we shouldn't be. Went on to say Wade likes the guys he has there, and will expect his NT's to play a lot of 1 gap and a bit of 2. Said watch out for Ratliff playing a significant role on the nose, because he's the type of penetrator Wade likes in there.

Was also asked about Walter Thomas and why Dallas didn't bring him in he said we looked at him, but he's not really the type of guy we are looking for in there at this point, said they were happy to get the Dagunduro kid from Nebraska as an UDFA, because he was more of a fit.

On another note I was watching tape of the 1990 Super Bowl Denver vs San Fransisco on NFLN last night, pretty interesting to see one of Wade's defenses in action. His NT was Greg Kragen at that point, a really quick, disruptive guy but not big at all, he was shooting the gaps all day in that game. Unfortunately Wade's D ran into Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Roger Craig, Rathman etc etc that day and lost 55-10, but it was pretty interesting seeing his defense in action.

Comment

Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                    Keep in mind, Phillips is on record as saying that in his 3-4, he doesn't necessarily want a Ted Washington type. He wants guys that move, not just eat up space (no pun intended).

In fact, I heard or read somewhere that there's some talk about giving spears some reps at NT.
                    So Spears as a NT. I think some folks crapped on this idea last year. Hmmmmmm. Not the right body type, etc .... LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
                      So Spears as a NT. I think some folks crapped on this idea last year. Hmmmmmm. Not the right body type, etc .... LOL.

But just as Ireland said, Wade & Parcells have different ideas for the NT. Spears probably isn't what Parcells is looking for in a NT. Maybe he would fit for Wade because of his quickness.
                      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                        But just as Ireland said, Wade & Parcells have different ideas for the NT. Spears probably isn't what Parcells is looking for in a NT. Maybe he would fit for Wade because of his quickness.
                        OK, how about the alternative explanation. The earlier fannie opinion on Spears as a possible NT is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          Nah, I'm not confused with Rod Wright... Whatever happened to him?
                          Rod Wright is still on the Dolphins, sat out all of last year with the shoulder injury, hopefully he can contribute at DT in the 4-3 and DE in the 3-4 this season.

As for Manny, he sat out last season with depression, and has severe mental problems.

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
                            OK, how about the alternative explanation. The earlier fannie opinion on Spears as a possible NT is wrong.
                            Spears is not a 2 gap NT period. Could he be a 1 gap NT, probably so, but nobody in the organization mentioned him playing on the nose.

Comment

HA HA!!! After Spears gets all psyched up to play DE in Wade's 3-4 cause he gets to attack the QB, someone tells him he might end up playing NT. LMAO!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information