Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brady Quinn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Brady Quinn

    Pat jones who was head coach at Oklahoma state and an assistant coach in Oakland and Miami is now on our sports talk radio. He said that he talked to some people from the Dolphins and they told him that Quinn was rated so far away from their #9 pick that they couldn't justify taking him. They also told him they had Beck rated closer to Quinn than they had Quinn rated to the #9 pick. Just thought that was interesting and wanted to share.




    The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

  • #2
    Typical Miami Dolphins.

    They picked this kid apart until they somehow convinced themselves he just isn't that good. That's sad.

    Same thing happened to Dan Marino. Miami was lucky enough to be the team to take advantage.

    Fast forward 24 years and it's the Dolphins making the same mistake. This time around...the Browns are the ones taking advantage.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 757Dawg View Post
      Typical Miami Dolphins.

      They picked this kid apart until they somehow convinced themselves he just isn't that good. That's sad.

      Same thing happened to Dan Marino. Miami was lucky enough to be the team to take advantage.

      Fast forward 24 years and it's the Dolphins making the same mistake. This time around...the Browns are the ones taking advantage.
      HOMER ALERT! HOMER ALERT!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        HOMER ALERT! HOMER ALERT!
        TURD ALERT! TURD ALERT!

        Comment


        • #5
          Norm on the Ticket said one of his NFL "deep throats" said all things being equal, he would probably take Beck straight up over Quinn.
          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


          -Douglas MacArthur

          Comment


          • #6
            I think Brady will prove alot of people wrong once he gets on that field.


            Thats barring the Cleveland curse though.

            I have him as the best qb from this class, followed by Beck. Im not a big Russell fan.

            Its amazing though, just a month before the draft Beck was being pegged as a round 4 qb, then he shoots up the board all the way to round 2, being compared to Quinn. How does that happen?

            Sometimes I think we as draft dorks overanalyze things and once we get too much time to think about things, we go against our initial gut instinct and I think Brady Quinn is a prime example of that.

            Comment


            • #7
              Quarterbacks chosen in the first round over the past 15 years or so have a 50% bust potential. There was an entire article listing all of the QB's taken in the first round w/ analysis talking about why they were/weren't busts and I found that pretty interesting. I thought given some of the names on there the bust potential could have been much higher, but they were going off of someone being a total flop, not just being average even though expecations for them were enormous. So statistically speaking, Either Russell or Quinn should end up failing in this league. Now stats don't mean much, and both could turn out to be great, but the current trend implies that one of these guys will fail... Im willing to bet, and hoping for our sake that its Quinn.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                Quarterbacks chosen in the first round over the past 15 years or so have a 50% bust potential. There was an entire article listing all of the QB's taken in the first round w/ analysis talking about why they were/weren't busts and I found that pretty interesting. I thought given some of the names on there the bust potential could have been much higher, but they were going off of someone being a total flop, not just being average even though expecations for them were enormous. So statistically speaking, Either Russell or Quinn should end up failing in this league. Now stats don't mean much, and both could turn out to be great, but the current trend implies that one of these guys will fail... Im willing to bet, and hoping for our sake that its Quinn.
                I think however, what that stat fails to acknowledge is that the "bust" rate of later round qbs is probably even higher than 1st round qbs.

                While it may be 50% for 1st round qbs, later round qbs who go on to become solid to great NFL qbs is more close to 20%.

                I think the bottomline is you shouldn't go after the "franchise" qb until you have the pieces around him that can put him in a position to be successful.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I liked Quinn over Russell, who I often teased is the next Quincy Carter. LOL. Honestly, I think Russell and Quinn will have decent careers, just not HOF careers.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Me personally, Im just more of a fan of the intangibles over the measureables. Especially at the qb position.

                    Im honestly not a fan of qbs to begin with. Im a defensive buff. As long as my qb can manage the game and limit mistakes, and come through when need be, thats all I want out of the qb position.

                    I rather build through defense and the run game. Another reason why Im not a fan of Tom Coughlin...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      Me personally, Im just more of a fan of the intangibles over the measureables. Especially at the qb position.

                      Im honestly not a fan of qbs to begin with. Im a defensive buff. As long as my qb can manage the game and limit mistakes, and come through when need be, thats all I want out of the qb position.

                      I rather build through defense and the run game. Another reason why Im not a fan of Tom Coughlin...
                      I share the exact same sentiment. Alls I want at QB is a smart guy who won't committ turnovers. Defense and the Running game rule all.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        I share the exact same sentiment. Alls I want at QB is a smart guy who won't committ turnovers. Defense and the Running game rule all.
                        Yup. Thats what wins championships. It doesn't have to look pretty. All that matters is the final score.

                        Especially if youre a team in the Northeast or Midwest. Over there, unless you play in a dome, you'd be a moron to build your team on the high power offensive philosophy.


                        *Sigh....I hate Tom Coughlin...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                          Quarterbacks chosen in the first round over the past 15 years or so have a 50% bust potential. There was an entire article listing all of the QB's taken in the first round w/ analysis talking about why they were/weren't busts and I found that pretty interesting. I thought given some of the names on there the bust potential could have been much higher, but they were going off of someone being a total flop, not just being average even though expecations for them were enormous. So statistically speaking, Either Russell or Quinn should end up failing in this league. Now stats don't mean much, and both could turn out to be great, but the current trend implies that one of these guys will fail... Im willing to bet, and hoping for our sake that its Quinn.
                          They are not bust because of their skills. They just dont develope because
                          #1 - there usually drafted high in RD1 to bad teams
                          #2 - And the bad teams have little weapons to help them along.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JoeMontainya View Post
                            They are not bust because of their skills. They just dont develope because
                            #1 - there usually drafted high in RD1 to bad teams
                            #2 - And the bad teams have little weapons to help them along.
                            I never said he didnt have skills, I just pointed out the trend that implies one of these guys should be a complete bust. The only stat Having to do with brady quin that really holds any weight with me is 0-4 against USC and 0-3 in Bowl games. 0-7 in what I think are 7 of the biggest games of his career. (USC is important every year for Notre Dame and of couse the Bowl Game is important) I just think he may have been a bit overhyped due to playing at an overhyped program. Im glad we didn't take him.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hell yea BBD. Quinn is a good QB. Russell is a freakin fat, stupid, bust.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information