The Best Draft Pick 1997-2006

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Draft Pick 1997-2006

In the same vein as the "let down" thread but with a positive spin. In terms of value and/or production, what was our best pick draft pick from the past decade. I put a time frame or else everybody would pick Roger Staubach(10th round) etc.

IMO I would say Jason Witten. To get a reliable and perennial Pro-Bowl TE in 3rd round was a godsend, as we hadn't had one since Jay Novacek left. That year was solid overall as we did get Terrance and Bradie. But we got fantstic value with Witten.

I'd second, Jason Witten.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

I have to agree with Witten also. You can make a strong case for Newman as well, but he was a high first round pick, so you expect him to be good.

Comment

Best pick or best value pick?

For value... how about Patrick Crayton (7th in 2004) or Marion Barber (4th 2005.)

Comment

Romo if you ask me.

Comment

There are obviously TONS of them... i'll throw out an eagle... Westbrook 3rd round

Comment

Romo wasn't drafted.
              I'm assuming this thread is just about the Cowboys.

Witten was both a great player and value pick. I'm going to have to go with Ware. It's all about getting pressure on the QB, I'm banking on him winning the DPOY.

Comment

I would say Ware or Newman. They play more important roles than Witten.

Comment

Witten.

Romo if you aren't including only draft picks.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                  I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Octavius View Post
                    Best pick or best value pick?

For value... how about Patrick Crayton (7th in 2004) or Marion Barber (4th 2005.)
                    what he said!

Comment

Wow, I can't believe people are overlooking what is, to me, the obvious answer:
                      Flozell Adams. Here is a guy that has played at the level of the top 5-7 LTs in the league for an extended period of time...all at the value of a early-mid second rounder. That is a no brainer, for me.
                      Originally posted by 21ST
                      He was protecting his self
                      Originally posted by tjsunstein
                      From what? His leg?
                      Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                      That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                      "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                        Flozell Adams. Here is a guy that has played at the level of the top 5-7 LTs in the league for an extended period of time...all at the value of a early-mid second rounder. That is a no brainer, for me.
                        Very good point!

Comment

I'd say top 5 - 7 is a little too generous. Perhaps top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                            I probably would have gone with that, but he said in the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by fryman View Post
                              I probably would have gone with that, but he said in the last few years.
                              He said 1997-2006

Flozell was drafted in '98

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information