Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much do you value Ware?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How much do you value Ware?

    I thought about this after my post in another thread.

    What value to you put on Dmarcus Ware vs. say running back?

    For instance would you trade DWare for another running back in the league straight up like say Larry Johnson or LT?

    To me, the only RB in the league that I would consider trading a premier player like Ware for would be LT. However, given the tandem of MBIII and JJ I wouldn't make a trade for LT with DWare straight up. The tandem of MBIII and JJ accounted for 1,738 yards, 4.32 yards per carry, 338 yards receiving, and 20 TD's. All of this for less money than a premier RB and more injury resistance. I personally LOVE our RB tandem's production. I like the flexibility of it and the fact that if one guy gets hurt we have a very capable backup.

    To that end, why is everyone so enamoured with McFadden next year. Yes, he's a bonafide stud, but I would be extremely pissed if we used 2 1st round picks on him next year. Even at a bonafide stud level can you expect more than 2k yards from scrimmage, 20Td's and a 4.32 yard average? If you expect more than that how much better are you going to get? All of this at the expense of the production of 2 number 1's at other positions.

    How much better would the team be with a #1 Receiver and a #1 NT and the current production at RB than with slightly better production at the RB position?

    Designs by Thule



    Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
    I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

  • #2
    Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
    I thought about this after my post in another thread.

    What value to you put on Dmarcus Ware vs. say running back?

    Ware is more valuable with maybe the exception of LT.


    For instance would you trade DWare for another running back in the league straight up like say Larry Johnson or LT?
    Maybe. I probably would not though.


    To that end, why is everyone so enamoured with McFadden next year. Yes, he's a bonafide stud, but I would be extremely pissed if we used 2 1st round picks on him next year. Even at a bonafide stud level can you expect more than 2k yards from scrimmage, 20Td's and a 4.32 yard average? If you expect more than that how much better are you going to get? All of this at the expense of the production of 2 number 1's at other positions.
    How about Ware and McFadden!?

    How much better would the team be with a #1 Receiver and a #1 NT and the current production at RB than with slightly better production at the RB position?
    I don't think you should ever draft WR in the first unless it's a once in a lifetime freak like Calvin Johnson.

    I think it's hard to say what this team will need for next year's draft until we see them play this year. There's been lots of talk about how Wade uses NT's differently than Bill. We may not need a NT by the end of this year. However, with Julius entering his last year on this contract, it appears right now that RB will be a need.
    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


    -Douglas MacArthur

    Comment


    • #3
      Speaking of CJ he is supposedly freaking people out in Detroit with how good he is.

      Comment


      • #4
        LJ won't even get 1300 yards next year... Mark It Down



        Even with 500 million carries!

        Comment


        • #5
          Macarthur,

          You said "how about Ware and McFadden!?" --- We already have Ware.... if you read the paragraph you are answering you will see that I'm saying that we have excellent production from the RB spot already so why spend 2 first rounders on McFadden. The question about Ware is simply to illustrate that a player like Ware is agruably more valuable than any RB in the league (provided your current alternative is also decent at the RB position).

          Designs by Thule



          Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
          I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
            Macarthur,

            You said "how about Ware and McFadden!?" --- We already have Ware.... if you read the paragraph you are answering you will see that I'm saying that we have excellent production from the RB spot already so why spend 2 first rounders on McFadden. The question about Ware is simply to illustrate that a player like Ware is agruably more valuable than any RB in the league (provided your current alternative is also decent at the RB position).
            I don't know. I really like how our tandem is performing, but McFadden would add a big time player to the team, someone who could carry a team on his shoulder. I don't think we have this type of player, we can hope Romo could turn into something like that...


            In Bob We Trust

            John Madden's wedding video business

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
              Macarthur,

              You said "how about Ware and McFadden!?"

              We already have Ware....
              I know.


              if you read the paragraph you are answering you will see that I'm saying that we have excellent production from the RB spot already so why spend 2 first rounders on McFadden.
              I agree, but JJ is at the end of his contract. If you can replace JJ with McFadden, you do that every time.


              The question about Ware is simply to illustrate that a player like Ware is agruably more valuable than any RB in the league (provided your current alternative is also decent at the RB position).
              We are on the same page.
              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


              -Douglas MacArthur

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Macarthur View Post




                I agree, but JJ is at the end of his contract. If you can replace JJ with McFadden, you do that every time.



                I'm not saying you don't replace JJ with McFadden if it's a one for one deal. What I'm trying to illustrate is that even LT isn't worth 2 first round draft picks if you can already get 2k yards from scrimmage and 20 td's from your current roster.

                So, why not go say, Johnathan Stewart (with the first first round draft pick) and another 1st round talent instead of getting McFadden.

                McFadden might, and that's a big might, be worth 2 firsts if we didn't have MBIII but do you want to spend 2 firsts on a guy that isn't going to play on third downs and in goal line situations? If he is going to play there then you are giving up on MBIII which I see no reason to do either.

                So in conclusion, I think drafting McFadden, if it costs more than 1 first round draft pick, is a TERRIBLE idea.

                Designs by Thule



                Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ware = our franchise player. Nothing less than 2 first rounders! :)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ware is probably the most important piece of our defense and possibly our team right now. I'd only trade him for likes of a Peyton Manning or LT.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
                      LJ won't even get 1300 yards next year... Mark It Down
                      People said that last year as well nice try.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
                        I'm not saying you don't replace JJ with McFadden if it's a one for one deal. What I'm trying to illustrate is that even LT isn't worth 2 first round draft picks if you can already get 2k yards from scrimmage and 20 td's from your current roster.

                        So, why not go say, Johnathan Stewart (with the first first round draft pick) and another 1st round talent instead of getting McFadden.

                        McFadden might, and that's a big might, be worth 2 firsts if we didn't have MBIII but do you want to spend 2 firsts on a guy that isn't going to play on third downs and in goal line situations? If he is going to play there then you are giving up on MBIII which I see no reason to do either.

                        So in conclusion, I think drafting McFadden, if it costs more than 1 first round draft pick, is a TERRIBLE idea.
                        Well, I don't know if you can answer that until more attention is given to next year's draft and we find out just what is there.
                        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                        -Douglas MacArthur

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I don't know how Ware fits into the conversation about wanting McFadden. I think people are talking about McFadden because we have first round picks to utilize. I wouldn't give up Ware for McFadden though.... but that's kind of besides the point, I don't think it would even be possible. I don't think Ware would get us a top 3-5 pick in the first round next year.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It's part of the discussion based on the value of a RB.

                            My point is that, given the success of the running game of the players we currently have, I wouldn't make a trade Dware for LT straight up. If we were terrible running the ball then maybe. It's not like if you had LT you would get much more than 2k yards from scrimmage a 4.32 average and 20 TDs. So, if you made a trade of say Ware for LT straight up you'd lose 10-15 sacks a year from that position and gain maybe 20 more yards rushing a game.

                            I use LT as the example because people seem to think it's wise to trade 2 first round draft picks and move up to get McFadden next year. To me, RB is the easiest position to get decent production out of. We're already getting top 10 production from that spot. Why on earth is everyone so enamoured with getting McFadden.

                            Has anyone here ever heard of The Law of Diminishing Returns?

                            Designs by Thule



                            Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                            I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I value Ware as much as my right hand......









                              PS i Don't have a girlfriend

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information