Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With the 12th Pick in the 2008 draft the Denver Broncos select . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Phillips is taken by New Orleans or someone else trades up, just trade down. If Kentwan Balmer (DT) is available in the late 1st, he could work. Depending on if they acquire another second or third round pick by that trade, Anthony Collins (OT) from Kansas could be a solid option. The early second round pick should be used on an inside linebacker. Curtis Lofton fits the scheme and allows DJ Williams to move back outside.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
      If Phillips is taken by New Orleans or someone else trades up, just trade down. If Kentwan Balmer (DT) is available in the late 1st, he could work. Depending on if they acquire another second or third round pick by that trade, Anthony Collins (OT) from Kansas could be a solid option. The early second round pick should be used on an inside linebacker. Curtis Lofton fits the scheme and allows DJ Williams to move back outside.
      See, I think its really impossible for me to say who I want the Broncos to pick because there are so many options at different positions and it all depends on who is available.
      I mean, Oher, Clady, Phillips, Rivers, etc.
      Honestly, I don't want to take a DT in the 1st, I think that would be a wasted pick.
      OT, Phillips and LB is what needs to be taken. From the looks of it, trade down 5-7 spots, pick up a 2nd or 3rd round pick, take the best OT available, in the 2nd take a LB and the extra pick take S/RB/WR whatever.

Comment

ive decided id be satisfied with phillips clady or otah in the 1st and then go from there...
        Bubba kush for breakfast, with my captain crunch
        I smoke ten blunts before lunch
        Gucci Mane

Comment

Phillip Wheeler might be that guy that shoots up the draft boards.
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

... Kenny Phillips, S, The U.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
              Phillip Wheeler might be that guy that shoots up the draft boards.
              dont recognize the name (havent been following the draft so much this year) who is he
              Gucci Mane

Comment

i see thanks... so itd be nice to go phillips/wheeler in 1 n 2 then..
                Gucci Mane

Comment

I'm starting to grow more on taking Phillips in the 1st. He might present himself as the best available player at 12.
                  If we take Phillips in round 1, I want to take a LB in round 2. Lofton, Wheeler are 2 that come to mind that could be available. What about Grable?
                  If not LB in round 2, then I'd look at OT or DT. Frank Okam is one name that comes to mind who could help the defense out, providing a big run stuffing body up front. I don't know if there would be good value at OT with our pick in the 2nd round, maybe if Baker falls that far.
                  I think I'm leaning towards this scenario if Phillips and Clady aren't available at pick 12:
                  Trade down with the Minnesota Vikings and see if we can trade pick #12 and maybe an extra late 2nd day pick for their pick #17 and both their 3rd round selections.
                  Question is, though, why would Minnesota want to trade up? Need to have someone at 12 so the trade up would work.

Comment

Might as well take phillips if you cant trade down, the defensive line still needs addressed of course but at least you guys will have an elite secondary, DT's will be great value in the 2nd and one of those guys will probably be an impact player for someone, Dre Moore is a guy I think could be there for your 2nd...he is a strong guy and could probably take up 2 blockers to free up the lb's...

Also if DJ is still at mike then im sure a lb will be a priority at some point to get him back outside

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Wheeler is the kind of linebacker Denver needs. Athletic and can blitz.

If you look at the linebackers Denver has talked to or seems to be interested in (Crable, Connor, Guyton, etc.) they are all pretty excellent blitzers. Guyton could be an interesting Day 2 guy; pretty late on Day 2 as a SAM option.
                      Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

So I've been hearing mixed reviews on Phillips. One person has noted that he hasn't done anything at Miami to make him think he's a playmaker that should be going in the upper half of the 1st round. Looking at his statistics, there is no denying he made very few plays. To me, it seems he should be valued as a late 1st rather than high 1st.

Comment

on the broncos website there was a story about wr/kr eddie royal outta gt... i think we should take a look at him later in the draft
                          Gucci Mane

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                            if you'd value phillips in the late first, who would have value at our pick? at this point, sed ellis is likely long gone, as are dorsey, long and clady. otah seems highly iffy.

further, do you think, with how many safeties have been picked high or at least earlier than expected, that phillips would last till the end of the first?
                            Thats just what I've been hearing, that he isn't necessarily worth that high of a pick.
                            And if he really is valued in the 20's, then what do you do at pick 12? You trade down.
                            If all of those guys, Dorsey, Long, Ellis, Clady, and whoever else are gone at pick 12, trade down, pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Comment

at 12 either you take BPA who might not even sometimes play till next year or could be traded away, very unlikely to happen being traded. Or you draft the player you want/need, even though the player is worthy of that pick, be a little aggressive.

Comment

i think we should take kenny phillips if hes there.. theres no better safety in the draft and thats certainly a position we need so that champ bailey can focus solely on his man..
                                Gucci Mane

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information