Robert Ayers: 3-4 DE or OLB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Ayers: 3-4 DE or OLB?

I've seen in a couple places now that the Broncos plan to use Ayers as a DE in their new 3-4. I've previously chalked it up to the media STILL not understanding that in a 3-4 the DEs are mostly space eaters, not pass rushers.

However, is it possible that this is the actual plan? I'm not very confident in that fit. Can someone confirm?

Last I heard (I'm doing a little more research now) the plan was to use him in multiple ways. Nolan is going to be running a hybrid defense in which guys need to be versatile. They view Ayers as someone who can either stand up as a LB or go be a 3-4 end.

In this article it says that he is practicing both LB and playing on the line.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=9045

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
    Originally posted by BaLLiN72
    i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
    Originally posted by Job
    NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

What is going to happen with Jarvis Moss? He's tall, but probably too light to be a 3-4 DE, right? Will he get a chance at OLB? Will he play at all?

Just wondering..... I have him in a deep IDP Fantasy League.
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Well...they were shopping him for a 7th rounder during the draft. I think they view him as a lost cause.

The guys that are currently in the lead as OLB are Darrell Reid and Dummervil. I imagine that Moss is in there somewhere with Bailey, Crowder and Woodyard.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
        Originally posted by BaLLiN72
        i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
        Originally posted by Job
        NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

I think Moss is the worst fit out of all the defensive players we have. There is a great chance he is working retail at Colorado Mills come August.

Comment

I think Ayers is suited to be a MLB'er

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information