Scotts New Mock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
    I was on the WR in round one bandwagon for awhile, but after the Stokley signing, it no longer became likely if you ask me. Although Ginn is a great PR/KR, he probably won't be around at 21, to even worry about it.

If we're going to take a WR in the first day, it will probably be 2nd or 3rd round. This class is pretty deep. And I'd rather let some other team get Ginn. Ginn also doesn't fit the mold of the WR that shanny likes anyways. The only thing Ginn would do for the broncos would be the 3rd - 5th WR, and a KR/PR.
    Besides Ginn, Calvin Johnson is the only other WR I would take in the 1st round. I don't think we need a WR till the 2nd day, I just think Ginn's value is too much to pass up in that situation. And you're right, Ginn likely won't be there anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by JCutlery View Post
      Besides Ginn, Calvin Johnson is the only other WR I would take in the 1st round. I don't think we need a WR till the 2nd day, I just think Ginn's value is too much to pass up in that situation. And you're right, Ginn likely won't be there anyway.
      uh, what about Jarrett, Bowe, Meachem, Rice ?

Those 4 guys to me are all first rounders, as well as Johnson and Ginn. My favoriate of the WR < besides johnson > is Bowe. I would be happy with him. But I also think Bowe will be gone long before 21 also.

Comment

This would be my ideal draft.

1 (21st Overall) - S Michael Griffin, Texas

A versatile safety who has the speed and coverage skills to play a centerfield (FS) role with Lynch complimenting him as our in-the-box guy (where he should be). Also, can play SS when Lynch retires, if needed.

2 (56th Overall) - DE Tim Crowder, Texas

Crowder is the base end we need. He might be able to come in and start right away, but likely will backup Kenard Lang. Has the size and quickness, but is also stout against the run.

3 (f/WAS, 70th Overall) - DT Ryan McBean, Oklahoma State

Jim Bates' ideal defensive tackle is big, tall and also very quick and athletic. Ryan McBean fits the bill. At 6-5, 286 McBean is rising up draft boards because of his athleticism (4.98 40 time).

3 (86th Overall) - LB Stewart Bradley, Nebraska

I know it probably seems like I have a thing for the Big12 by now, but it's just a coincidence. Bradley is the best strongside linebacker in the draft. Shift DJ Williams to MLB and you have a pretty solid group of LBs there, despite Al's loss.

6 (f/DET, 176th Overall) - OT Adam Koets, Oregon State
        6 (198th Overall) - WR Yamon Figurs, Kansas State
        7 (233rd Overall) - P Adam Podlesh, Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
          uh, what about Jarrett, Bowe, Meachem, Rice ?

Those 4 guys to me are all first rounders, as well as Johnson and Ginn. My favoriate of the WR < besides johnson > is Bowe. I would be happy with him. But I also think Bowe will be gone long before 21 also.
          I'm talking about as a Bronco. I don't think we need a WR unless it is Calvin Johnson or it has special teams ability.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
            i'd rather have meachem or bowe than ginn, but again, what's the point. they'll be the #3 wr at BEST in the near future.
            Exactly, but I'd rather have a #3 reciever who just so happens to be one of the best return men in the league..

Comment

Originally posted by JCutlery View Post
              Exactly, but I'd rather have a #3 reciever who just so happens to be one of the best return men in the league..
              Don't be fooled - he's not Hester. Ginn is a one-dimensional speed guy... even if it is a pretty impressive dimension. He doesn't have great moves / shiftiness and isn't going to break any tackles.

He's pretty raw as a receiver - routes, hands... these are things still undreamed of by little Ginny. I don't see him getting the separation in the NFL that he did in college without some decoy element (e.g. a reverse), as he is too reliant on his speed to outrun the coverage.

Could he develop into a great receiver? Possibly. Would a burn a first rounder to find out? I don't think so.

Comment

i think we should trade up for landry or nelson or at de carriker or possibly even gaines adams if he starts to slip
                Bubba kush for breakfast, with my captain crunch
                I smoke ten blunts before lunch
                Gucci Mane

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information