This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
    i would be so happy if we could grow some balls as an organization and cut our losses and get the sting of Alphonso over with before it becomes any more blatantly obvious that he was never worth a 1st round pick, let alone 5th. What does the guy even bring to the table? he's undersized, outmatched physically, too slow, and is mentally handicapped. I was one of those guys who was high on him but at this point.. meh
    I would like to see more before we cut him as I dont think he has been awful so far this preseason - i still hold out that he could become decent. However, it is becoming more difficult to justify keeping a roster spot for him with the two new rookies showing signs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
      I would like to see more before we cut him as I dont think he has been awful so far this preseason - i still hold out that he could become decent.
      In fact, he played pretty well tonight. The PI call against him was straight-up ********. I wish he could've finished in the backfield (then we'd be talking about the great night he had) still, his blitzing disrupted the offense and allowed others to make the plays.

Comment

• Here is my projected 53 man roster.

QB: (2) Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow
        RB: (3) Knowshon Moreno, Correll Buckhalter, Lance Ball
        FB: (1) Spencer Larsen
        WR: (7) Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney, Eddie Royal, Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Brandon Stokley, Matthew Willis
        TE: (3) Daniel Graham, Richard Quinn, Marquez Branson
        OL: (8 ) Ryan Clady, Zane Beadles, J.D. Walton, Chris Kuper, Ryan Harris, Paul Duncan, Ross Hochstein, Stanley Daniels

DL: (8 ) Justin Bannan, Jamal Williams, Ryan McBean, Ronald Fields, Jarvis Green, Marcus Thomas, LeKevin Smith, Chris Baker
        LB: (8 ) D.J. Williams, Robert Ayers, Jarvis Moss, Wesley Woodyard, Mario Haggan, Joe Mays, Jason Hunter, Elvis Dumervil
        CB: (6) Champ Bailey, Andre Goodman, Perrish Cox, Alphonso Smith, Syd'Quan Thompson, Nate Jones
        S: (4) Brian Dawkins, Renaldo Hill, Darcel McBath, David Bruton

ST: (3) Matt Prater, Britton Colquitt, Lonnie Paxton

Suspended: LenDale White

~
        Close Calls:
        Brady Quinn
        Seth Olsen
        Eric Olsen
        Baraka Atkins
        Last edited by CT Bronco Fan; 08-30-2010, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• Fargas cut, lol

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
            i'm all in for keeping thompson around. and even in his limited action tonight, alphonso was bound and determined to prove he doesn't have any business holding a roster spot in this league.

on the other hand, it should be blindingly obvious that tebow's throwing motion won't ever change, given that he actually regressed from the first game.

i'm a little upset about ball having a few good runs. he's not final roster material (yes, i get the injury thing), but now he'll probably end up making it. to be fair, though, i'd rather keep him than lendale/fargas.

kyle orton... y'all were right. i hadn't had a chance to actually see him throwing, but his arm looks a million times better.

impressive catch aside, brandon lloyd needs to be cut. i don't like his routes. i don't trust his hands. i think he's a douchebag on the field. i could go on.

sad to say, but outside of ayers, our linebackers were garbage. dj williams was/is absolutely horrible. he has no idea what to do in a zone, his first step is wrong on 97% of the snaps he's in for. **** shanahan for ruining one of the best WLBs in the league.
            I think Lendale stays. The short yardage thing is too important a facet of the game that knowshon and buck just arent suited for. On that - I liked the push the o-line got on the 2-yd rushing td. Especially Walton, which is encouraging.

Comment

• Originally posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
              Here is my projected 53 man roster.
              Comments:

QB - I'd *like* to see Quinn get cut, but coaches always seem to feel the need to have a vet backup, even if he sucks donkey balls like Quinn/Simms.

WR - I'm not sure Stokely will make it. 6 WR's is just fine, particularly if the return game is in the hands of the DB's

OL - I think Hochstein could be in trouble. Daniels wasn't too bad vs Pitt and Hochstein hasn't been getting much of a push in the running game. I think they are taking a very close look at Russ... it will be interesting to see what happens in the last preseason game.

DB - you've got Nate Jones on the list but also a "close call". If we only carry 9 DB's, I think he's gone

Comment

sad to say, but outside of ayers, our linebackers were garbage.
                I don't think it was *that* bad, but yes, there was some awful tackling by the LB corps.

dj williams was/is absolutely horrible. he has no idea what to do in a zone, his first step is wrong on 97% of the snaps he's in for. **** shanahan for ruining one of the best WLBs in the league.
                I still think DJ would thrive as a WOLB in a 4-3. His game is all about pursuit. Playing inside exposes his lack of football instincts/IQ.

IMO, we need a real field general *and* a big thumper inside. Wouldn't be surprised if we picked up multiple inside guys in the next draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diehard View Post
                  Comments:

QB - I'd *like* to see Quinn get cut, but coaches always seem to feel the need to have a vet backup, even if he sucks donkey balls like Quinn/Simms.

WR - I'm not sure Stokely will make it. 6 WR's is just fine, particularly if the return game is in the hands of the DB's

OL - I think Hochstein could be in trouble. Daniels wasn't too bad vs Pitt and Hochstein hasn't been getting much of a push in the running game. I think they are taking a very close look at Russ... it will be interesting to see what happens in the last preseason game.

DB - you've got Nate Jones on the list but also a "close call". If we only carry 9 DB's, I think he's gone
                  Ah yea, I added him back because of Fargas getting cut.

I could see Hochstien getting cut if they wanted to go with one of the Olsens for sure. I think Quinn likely will make it, but I can't justify putting him on my roster lol.

Comment

• My final shot at this after tonights game.

Cuts: Blue = Practice Squad

DL Ben Garland
                    DL Jeff Stehle
                    LB Worrell Williams
                    LB Kevin Alexander
                    LB Jammie Kirlew
                    LB Johnny Williams
                    OL D`Anthony Batiste
                    OL Seth Olsen
                    S Kyle McCarthy
                    TE Rair Greer
                    TE Nathan Overbay
                    TE Kory Sperry
                    WR Alric Arnett
                    WR Britt Davis
                    RB Bruce Hall
                    LB Baraka Atkins
                    DL Marcus Thomas
                    OL Ross Hochstien
                    CB Nate Jones

Final Roster:
                    QB: (3) Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow, Brady Quinn
                    HB: (3) Knowshon Moreno, Correll Buckhalter, Lance Ball
                    FB: (1) Spencer Larsen
                    WR: (7) Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney, Eddie Royal, Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Brandon Stokley, Matthew Willis
                    TE: (3) Daniel Graham, Richard Quinn, Marquez Branson
                    OL: (8 ) Ryan Clady, Zane Beadles, J.D. Walton, Chris Kuper, Ryan Harris, Paul Duncan, Stanley Daniels, Eric Olsen

DL: (7) Justin Bannan, Jamal Williams, Ryan McBean, Jarvis Green, Ronald Fields, LeKevin Smith, Chris Baker
                    LB: (8 ) D.J. Williams, Mario Haggan, Robert Ayers, Jarvis Moss, Wesley Woodyard, Joe Mays, Jason Hunter, Elvis Dumervil
                    CB: (6) Champ Bailey, Andre Goodman, Perrish Cox, Alphonso Smith, Syd`Quan Thompson, Cassius Vaughn
                    S: (4) Brian Dawkins, Renaldo Hill, David Bruton, Darcel McBath

ST: (3) Matt Prater, Britton Colquitt, Lonnie Paxton

Injury Reserve:
                    Darrell Reid

Suspended Reserve:
                    LenDale White

Comment

as much as i think lendale is garbage (hard for me to admit about a guy i almost played against in high school), i hope we drop smith for him, based on your chart (which looks like a fairly good estimation to me).
                      i had warmed to lendale as well - guess it doesnt matter anymore with that achilles injury.

Comment

• Looks like Dumervil might end up on IR, which would then probably open the spot up for Baraka Atkins on the roster.

Comment

• Roster cuts

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...e-2a25f1086951

Wide receiver Alric Arnett, defensive lineman Chris Baker, offensive lineman Paul Duncan, linebackers Jammie Kirlew and Johnny Williams and tight ends Kory Sperry and Nathan Overbay were waived on Friday.
                          Nothing too surprising there. Baker is probably the most notable casualty as many thought he was a steal as a UDFA.

Comment

• I've seen/heard reports that Darrell Reid has been cut, but I don't have a source link. He was out of the picture with an injury anyway, so that's not much of a loss.

Ah, here's a link:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/390053...s-player_news/

Comment

• Jarvis Green and Brandon Stokley cut.

Stokley doesn't shock me all that much, but Green getting cut I didn't see coming at all.

Comment

• Green couldn't win a starting spot in the 3-man front. IMO, once we brought in Hunter who can play with his hand down in a 4-man front, Green became expendable.

I always felt Stokely was in trouble. We've got plenty of young talent at WR, and with the return duties probably covered by DB's, 6 receivers is plenty

I also saw somewhere that Britt Davis was cut, but no confirmation yet. Other rumor was that Branson is going on IR... which would leave us very thin at TE.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information