Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest to god, I had a dream last night that Alphonso Smith got cut and McDaniels was fired almost immediately after. Which is weird, since I don't even really care about the Broncos besides my man Orton. So half of that came true. Just thought I'd share that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChiFan24 View Post
      Honest to god, I had a dream last night that Alphonso Smith got cut and McDaniels was fired almost immediately after. Which is weird, since I don't even really care about the Broncos besides my man Orton. So half of that came true. Just thought I'd share that.
      He was traded, not cut, though I believe he would've been cut if it came down to that.

Kid's got plenty of talent, but seemed lost out there. Hope he gets with the program in Detroit, otherwise it will be game over for him.

Comment

• Branson was cut, not IR'd:

http://twitter.com/postbroncos

Also:

Other players cut: LB Kevin Alexander, WR Britt Davis, TE Riar Geer, S Kyle McCarthy, OL Seth Olsen, DL Jeff Stehle, LB Worrell Williams
        There also seems to be some confusion about whether Stokely was cut or on IR.

Comment

• I suspect more changes are to come... Hall seems like a placeholder for whatever RB we pick up from the discard pile.

QB (3) - Orton, Tebow, Quinn

RB (5) - Moreno, Buckhalter, Ball, Hall, Larsen [FB]

TE (3) - Graham, Quinn, Gronkowski

WR (6) - Royal, Gaffney, Lloyd, Willis, Decker, Thomas

OL (9) - Clady, Harris, Batiste, Kuper, Beadles, Walton, Daniels, Hochstein, E. Olsen

DL (6) - Bannan, McBean, Smith, J. Williams, Fields, Thomas

LB (8 ) - D.J. Williams, Haggan, Woodyard, Mays, Ayers, Moss, Hunter, Atkins

DB (10) - Dawkins, Hill, McBath, Bruton, Bailey, Goodman, Cox, Thompson, Vaughn, Jones

ST (3) - Paxton, Prater, Colquitt

Comment

• Final Roster:

QB: (3) Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow, Brady Quinn
            RB: (4) Knowshon Moreno, Correll Buckhalter, Lance Ball, Bruce Hall
            FB: (1) Spencer Larsen
            WR: (6) Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney, Eddie Royal, Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Matthew Willis
            TE: (3) Daniel Graham, Richard Quinn, Dan Gronkowski
            OL: (9) Ryan Clady, Zane Beadles, J.D. Walton, Chris Kuper, Ryan Harris, Stanley Daniels, Russ Hochstien, Eric Olsen, D`Anthony Batiste

DL: (6) Justin Bannan, Jamal Williams, Ryan McBean, LeKevin Smith, Marcus Thomas, Ronald Fields
            LB: (8 ) D.J. Williams, Robert Ayers, Mario Haggan, Jarvis Moss, Wesley Woodyard, Joe Mays, Jason Hunter, Baraka Atkins
            CB: (6) Champ Bailey, Andre Goodman, Perish Cox, Nate Jones, Syd`Quan Thompson, Cassius Vaughn
            S: (4) Brian Dawkins, Renaldo Hill, Darcel McBath, David Bruton

ST: (3) Matt Prater, Britton Colquitt, Lonnie Paxton.

Comment

• Stupid broncos. As if we gave up a first for a guy who is off the tea one year later.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              Originally posted by njx9
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by Diehard View Post
                He was traded, not cut, though I believe he would've been cut if it came down to that.
                Are you calling my dream a liar?

edit: I will say though, I always thought Smith would be a nice fit with Schwartz, he's got some Pacman in him, he's just completely failed to show it.
                Last edited by ChiFan24; 09-04-2010, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• What I really like from these roster cuts is that McDaniels seems able to accept when he makes a bad decision and can move on from it. I think one of Broncosland's big fears was that he was too arrogant for his own good - but I think this proves he is not.

Now, we just need someone to help him with his first round picks, and we should be okay (cause the later round ones seem okay).

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                    Stupid broncos. As if we gave up a first for a guy who is off the tea one year later.
                    He was expendable because of good drafting this time around. Win some, lose some.

Comment

• Broncos claimed Andre Brown off of waivers from the Giants.

This likely will mean Hall/Ball one of them will be cut.

Comment

• Originally posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
                        Broncos claimed Andre Brown off of waivers from the Giants.

This likely will mean Hall/Ball one of them will be cut.
                        Brown is a good get! We thought we could sneak him thru waivers and then sign him to our PS. But since you guys need RBs, I think Brown, if developed can be a good player.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                          hooray for losing alphonso smith. but for yet another garbage tight end? really?
                          If he's even half the player his brother is then the Broncos got themselves a Hall of Famer

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• I just heard on the radio that Harris will be out for a few weeks with a sprained ankle. Great player, unfortunately he seems to be made of glass.

Overall, the injury situation is just brutal and we haven't played a down in a real game yet. Not encouraging.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diehard View Post
                              I just heard on the radio that Harris will be out for a few weeks with a sprained ankle. Great player, unfortunately he seems to be made of glass.

Overall, the injury situation is just brutal and we haven't played a down in a real game yet. Not encouraging.
                              Starting a rookie center, rookie RT and a journeyman LG does seem a tad worrying, especially when you factor in our LT will be starting off the season less than 100% fit. I hope Graham is healthy, cause I think he may be spending a lot time standing next to Zane on sunday.

Comment

• Any news about Moreno? I havn't heard anything since he didn't play the last preseason game. Is he supposed to start and take most of the carries?

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information