This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
    run game is horrible (though perhaps horrible is a generous term).
    Peyton Hillis *clap* *clap* *clap-clap-clap*

Comment

• this may be one of the strangest feeling games ive ever watched.

i feel like our offense is playing great despite the inability to run, yet we have 10 points and are down by 2 scores. i can't explain it. and the defense isn't even playing that atrociously, baltimore is just murdering us with situational runs.

Comment

• Nothing to talk about that we didnt already know. Almost like a bye this week.

Comment

• The injury situation is ridiculous:

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denver...defenders-out/

Robert Ayers, Brian Dawkins, Andre’ Goodman, Darcel McBath and Wesley Woodyard will miss Sunday’s home game against the Jets due to injury, Head Coach Josh McDaniels announced Monday.
          Seriously, WTF? It was bad enough loosing Doom and having the backs and veteran OL banged up to start the season. Now the defense is completely in ruins.

I think Sunday will be a good day to get caught up on the yard work...

Comment

• Broken foot for Ayers too. The talk is he is out for the rest of the season. We are seriously ******.

We may as well treat this week as a bye, concede the game and rest a bunch of key players for the Raiders game the week after.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
              figures, that's the game i bought tickets for.

at least i won't feel bad about getting hammered in the parking lot before the game.
              LOL. I wonder if this orange pep rally thing they just announced was always on the schedule or if it is a direct response to the ****** Balt game + injuries. It certainly smells like a desperation ploy to me.

Comment

• What chance do you think we use a 4-3 this week?

Comment

can't imagine there's any chance. we were bad enough last year with 3-4 personnel twho didn't know what they were doing. i can only imagine how ugly it would be to see 3-4 personnel trying to figure out a 4-3. especially since i don't think our defensive coach has any real idea how to run one.
                  True, though I heard in the offseason we were using some 4-3 stuff in practice. Thought since about the only healthy position we have these days in the d-line, it might be better that starting two practice squad OLBs in a 3-4.

Comment

heh, i figure they might as well just start holding tryouts. some local folks really couldn't be much worse than the crap we've been trotting out there (ayers as an exception, as little as i want to admit it).
                    I hate it when you reach the point of the season when your attention starts focusing towards next year.

I just dont see how we can fix the running game this season, and with no prospect of Doom or Ayers being back this season, I dont see how the defense can be solid enough to keep us in games against anyone that is not especially crap.

Comment

• McD mentioned the 4-3 when he was on Sirus earlier. I guess they've been working on it, probably starting around the time Doom went down.

McD also pretty much admitted the Jets game is particularly important to the team, so don't be surprised if they come out swinging even if it is a somewhat hopeless cause given our current plague of injuries.

Comment

• PM me if interested in being the GM of your team in our forum mock!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43261

Comment

• Goddamn it. We overcame a ******** of adversity to almost win that game, then got dumped on by the football gods. What a bunch of ******* ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diehard View Post
                            Goddamn it. We overcame a ******** of adversity to almost win that game, then got dumped on by the football gods. What a bunch of ******* ****.
                            what is it about turning the ******* ball over in the first ******* quarter when we are in scoring position? **** me we are ******* hopeless in the ******* red ************* zone. ****!

Comment

• Yes, the follies in enemy territory have gotten pretty old: Moreno's fumble, the buggered FG and that final failure of a snap that sealed the game. I'd rather have my eyes burned out that have to watch that **** again.

Our execution is total ******* garbage right now. The injuries are a big part of it, as we haven't had any consistency in personnel since the very beginning of training camp. Having to rely on rookies in key positions doesn't help either.

We absolutely have to beat the Raiders next week.

Comment

• Speaking of playcalling, what happened to the screen and hitting the back in the flats? Some of the blitzes the Jets dialed up were so ******* obvious, yet we were still looking for the downfield pass.

As an aside, it looks to me all too often the hot read is the outside receiver in man-to-man. That can work, but then again that guy is *always* covered which means you aren't fully exploiting the holes in the blitzing coverage.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information