Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just thinking about what a bunch of ******* and pussies this team has turned into is pissing me off to no end. **** McD, that **** looks totally lost on the sidelines. It would bring me great satisfaction to see his ******* throat slashed and eyes gouged out.

There. I feel better now. For a moment, at least.

Comment

• The moves made on the defensive side of the ball are particularly galling, as we brought in a lot of veteran guys who have little to no value if we go into full rebuild mode.

There's a lot of youth on offense, so we could be okay there if we found a QB who didn't crumble under pressure.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
        meh. we have some WR talent, maybe. we have a LT. and we 'have' tebow.

i think beadles is trash. walton might be ok if he wasn't a starter. but that's about all i see there.

and the worst part is, i really like all three of the top qbs for us this year. and we won't draft any of them because we have a guy we won't even let throw the football.
        luck would be awesome, but i'm not sure why you'd be excited about the other two qbs. locker seems like a project (albeit less of one than tebow) and mallett reminds me too much of cutler.

at this point i'm hoping we draft a stud on defense, a guy like dareus, peterson, amukamara, ect.
        Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
        Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
          mallett is my low in the group, but i think he's coachable. i love locker and think he's 60x the player luck is. and i like luck, but he has a pretty limited ceiling, imo.

the few times i've seen alabama, dareus has looked like ****. unmotivated, lazy, and just counting the days until he gets paid. now, i haven't seen a lot of alabama games, so maybe i just saw the wrong ones. i don't think drafting a corner in the top 5 does anything for us.

*shrug*

as of now, it basically has to be a DL, imo. i don't see any way we can continue to neglect the position. there won't be a linebacker worth a pick that high, but that'd likely be my 2nd round pick.

though, as i think about it, it really doesn't make any difference. there are so many holes, that we're looking at at least a 3 year rebuilding process (unless we get *really* lucky in FA). i guess i'd change my opinion to "BPA unless BPA is at an offensive skill position, then go to the next BPA".
          i'm not sure if mallett is that "coachable". maybe his decision making can be improved, but i see him as a guy who will always lack touch and have heavy feet. but who cares, it's a moot point

dareus has been nursing an ankle sprain that he suffered earlier in the year, that might explain some of what you saw. i've still seen a lot of good things from him. out of the top three dline prospects, i think he's the most natural fit at the five tech

i know taking a cb that high isn't ideal, but if peterson and amukamara are the best prospects available then i'd be fine with taking one of them instead of reaching on someone else
          Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear

Comment

• I have lost my will to discuss such things as the future of this team. Perhaps in the offseason I will get excited about football again.

Comment

• Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear

Comment

• Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
                I have lost my will to discuss such things as the future of this team. Perhaps in the offseason I will get excited about football again.
                A demoralized team just going through the motions, pretty much expecting to lose, is a fan's worst nightmare. Yet that is what we have and will likely continue to have until the end of the season.

I don't begrudge any fan who chooses to do something more productive with their time on Sunday afternoon.

Comment

• The most frustrating thing (at least to me) is that every single position outside of left tackle and "Doom" needs an upgrade. Bailey will be gone next season anyways, and likely Dawk to retirement.

What is most frustrating is that there is no easy solution to this problem. We will draft players that fill in our most pressing needs, and half of those players will amount to nothing. Of the players that succeed, we will still need to bring in a bunch of other players just to win 8 games, since the players that we deemed "not necessary to replace in the draft" are still mediocre at best.

If you ask me, this is at least a 5-7 year rebuilding project, because half of our ****ing team is comprised of youngsters of whom we still need to give another 2-3 years to prove that they aren't worth squat.

Worse case, we may loose 83 games in the next 7 years like the Raiders of last decade, but the only thing we can do as Broncos fans is to support and remain loyal. After all, there's no point in rooting for the team when we win superbowls if we just ditch when they suck. Lets all hang in there, for all we know, Tebow decides teaching is his passion, and then the next Elway could be right around the corner.

Realistically, we're probably doomed, but there's always hope. Stay loyal.
                  Last edited by Jimmy; 11-01-2010, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Even McXanders isn't as bad as Al Davis...Hold your heads up Bronco fans.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
                    like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diehard View Post
                      A demoralized team just going through the motions, pretty much expecting to lose, is a fan's worst nightmare. Yet that is what we have and will likely continue to have until the end of the season.

I don't begrudge any fan who chooses to do something more productive with their time on Sunday afternoon.
                      I am still going to watch, I will still get excited when we score or make a big play, I will still swear when we **** up, or the other team does something good, or the ref calls a chop block when our RB is trying to get out of his QBs way.

I just cant gather the will to discuss what is going wrong, or how to fix it, or blah, blah. Thinking about this stuff just does my head in at the moment. I need to just watch games on sundays and then pretend football doesnt exist until the next sunday. For some ******* reason though I keep reading stuff about why we lost another ******* game. It is a bad habit I need to break.

Comment

• So which sucks more? This season, where we have no hope?

Or the last two seasons, where we had so much hope that we were in the playoffs barring an absolutely catastrophic meltdown of historical significance and then doing just that?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                          So which sucks more? This season, where we have no hope?

Or the last two seasons, where we had so much hope that we were in the playoffs barring an absolutely catastrophic meltdown of historical significance and then doing just that?
                          At least we have some peace of mind, and at least our hearts won't be broken this year. And I can almost promise all of you that you will be happier by the end of week 17 this year. At least we have that top 10 pick looking like a godsend. Honestly. When was the last time we had a top 10 pick that we truly earned?

In any event, I may have been naive to believe we were a top 5 team after a 6-2 start last year, but I was in a lot more pain week 14 last year than I will be this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                            At least we have some peace of mind, and at least our hearts won't be broken this year. And I can almost promise all of you that you will be happier by the end of week 17 this year. At least we have that top 10 pick looking like a godsend. Honestly. When was the last time we had a top 10 pick that we truly earned?

In any event, I may have been naive to believe we were a top 5 team after a 6-2 start last year, but I was in a lot more pain week 14 last year than I will be this year.
                            Not just 6-2, 6-0!

I never thought we were top 5, but winning that 6th game made me believe in the team. I was expecting us to be absolute dog ****, and so when we won the first one i was like, great, 1-15. Even at 5-0 I wasn't sold. 6-0? Yeah, looked at the schedule and saw that 4-6 the rest of the way and a playoff berth would have been a disappointment. I saw another 6 wins there, easy. And instead we went on 2 separate 4 game losing streaks, and **** the bed in the last game, when we were still alive going in. FML.

Season before was awful too. 3 game lead with 3 to go. I was so excited to finally see Cutler in the playoffs... FML.

Even this season getting a premium pick will suck. We're gonna be in range for a QB I think, but we can't take one because we have NO IDEA what Tebow looks like. I think we absolutely need to give Tebow some starts at the end of the season, just enough to see if we have anything at all to work with there or if we should have him work on a new position.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Nothing sucks worse than a season where the players give up... and that is what seems to have happened. To me, that's a sign of rotten leadership.

Tebow definitely needs to get some time on the field. The thing is McD isn't going to play him until he is absolutely, mathematically certain we can't win the AFC West. Right now, that looks like it could be wrapped up quickly, but every time one of our division foes loses it will create that little glimmer of false hope. You see Tebow is McD's final hand, and he's not going to be keen to play it. McD knows he's immediately dead in the water if Tebow doesn't play well.

The most important upgrades are the core of the defense: DL, ILB and S. Of course, these have been the most important upgrades for about four years now. If McBath can avoid injury, I think he has one safety spot nailed down... but the other is up for grabs.

Speaking of injuries, they are killing this team. All the lost time in TC is showing up on the field now. The defense is finally healing up a bit, though some of those players (e.g. Goodman) still look like they're not ready to go.

Anyway, not a fun time to be a Broncos fan. A coping strategy: if you simply expect everything to go wrong, you won't be disappointed when it does.

Comment

• A ray of light in the darkness...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16523671

Ellis added that Bowlen is confident McDaniels can turn around the Broncos, but he stopped short of guaranteeing the coach would return next season.
                                My read is that McD needs to really turn things around in the second half of the season or he's gone.

Enjoy the hotseat, Josh.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information