This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by njx9
    and fire everyone on josh's coaching staff.

regardless, what bowlen says is generally irrelevant. as sad as it may be, he probably won't remember having said it tomorrow.

also, the comments to that article had me laughing...

"I am not sure how I feel about this, but I can say for sure, if McDaniels doesn't learn how to properly use a running back of the caliber of Moreno, then he needs to stop coaching."
    To be fair to the commenter, maybe he meant proper use of a RB of Moreno's calibre is placing him comfortably on the bench.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Drinking & Teleconferences don't mix

http://twitter.com/viclombardi

Broncos just issued a statement from Bowlen backing off his original comments. Forget the vote of confidence I guess. More to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diehard View Post
        IF McDaniels gets fired now, who do you think would be the interim coach?

Comment

• The "sober" version

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16738529

"This has been a very trying and disappointing season for all of us," Bowlen said in a written statement. "We haven't had the success we had hoped to achieve. Josh McDaniels is the head coach of the Broncos, and you always strive for stability at that position. However, with five games left in the 2010 season, we will continue to monitor the progress of the team and evaluate what's in the best interest of this franchise."
          So a flip-flop in position over the course of a few hours? I seriously believe Bowlen is either losing his marbles or self-medicating heavily.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
            IF McDaniels gets fired now, who do you think would be the interim coach?
            None of the assistants are even close to having the credentials required to be considered a possible successor. However, even if the role is explictly just a caretaker one, I suspect it would *not* be Wink as a new DC is almost inevitable considering the play of the defense. If we were going to clean house, I'd think McCoy would be the most likely to survive because of his knowledge of the offensive scheme (which is the part a new regime is most likely to want to salvage).

The only reason you make a change now is if you want to start bringing in the new regime immediately, which suggests a GM level change. You know there's no way in hell McD will help with the transition, so you can him, promote McCoy to interim HC, and then McCoy starts working with the new management to lay the foundation for next year. McCoy knows he's got no shot at being the new HC, so he's happy to play along in the hope it means he gets to stay on the coaching staff.

Comment

honestly? can bowlen be the interim head coach? that would at least make the games fun to watch.
              I was walking down the street a few weeks ago, before the big snows hit, and there was a balding homeless guy lying on bench who was wearing this battered pair of aviator shades. He looked like he was lying in a puddle of his own puke, however he wasn't totally unconcious as he blurted out something like "who's yer momma" to some people who walked by just ahead of me. My immediate thought was "put a fur coat on this guy and you've got Bowlen".

also, why do i think elway ends up with much higher involvement in the next front office?
              Yeah, I think there will be a strong tie in to the "old" Broncos in the new regime... the organization will want to reconnect with it's roots in light of the failure of the Patriot experiment.

Comment

• I'm really not sure who I'd like, though there are two things I think we really need:

1. A proven, experienced coaching staff
                2. A HC who can motivate players

These are the two really obvious deficits this year. The coaches seem in over their heads and the team folds under pressure far too easily.

Comment

• Best article so far

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/J...Broncos-112910

Denver fans should be thankful for Steve Scarnecchia. He hopefully delivered the dagger in forcing a change. As if you needed any more visual evidence that McDaniels is in way over his head. He is a losing football coach. He canít run an organization.

Coaching the Denver Broncos is a plum job. The NFL is better when the Broncos are relevant. They arenít right now. Denver needs to hire a legit new general manager, who will hire the next coach. The Broncos need to follow the Falcons model from a few years back after Bobby Petrino quit like a coward.

Denver deserves a winner. You shouldnít need a rogue videographer to help you see the Broncos donít have one. Thereís no excuse, Pat Bowlen. Save your franchise.
                  That pretty much covers it.

Comment

or demoting him to the blue bombers.

yes, that's right. in winnipeg.
                    Well hopefully he's bad enough that Winnipeg doesn't protect him in the expansion draft and the new Ottawa team drafts him. Cuz I'd buy a Moreno jersey.

Hell, maybe 5 years from now I'll also be wearing a Tim Tebow jersey to Ottawa RoughRiders/Renegades/Whatever they'll be called games.

Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• What are the chances Kyle Orton leaves this offseason? Do you think they believe Tebow/Quinn can step in for him? I think Orton is a perfect match for the Raiders if he is a F/A

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                        What are the chances Kyle Orton leaves this offseason? Do you think they believe Tebow/Quinn can step in for him? I think Orton is a perfect match for the Raiders if he is a F/A
                        I don't think he's a FA - we gave him a contract extension earlier this year.

That being said, I am pretty certain he will be traded in the offseason. His value will never be higher, and there are a number of teams who could use a solid game manager at QB.

Comment

• Has anyone seen or heard much about the possibility of Champ staying in Denver but moving to safety (taking over form Renaldo Hill)? We all pretty much agree he is only an okay CB these days, but could probably be a quite good safety for a few more years. Most of the talk I am hearing is that he should be gone next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
                            Has anyone seen or heard much about the possibility of Champ staying in Denver but moving to safety (taking over form Renaldo Hill)? We all pretty much agree he is only an okay CB these days, but could probably be a quite good safety for a few more years. Most of the talk I am hearing is that he should be gone next year.
                            Champ doesn't want to move to safety yet for two reasons: 1) he still thinks he's a shutdown corner, and 2) he's looking for a big payday and, all things being equal, CB's make more $$$.

All signs point to Champ going elsewhere in the offseason.

Comment

• A rumor has been floating around that some TV personality has a meeting with the Broncos this week to discuss a potential GM role.

I know Schlereth has openly spoken about the position, but he doesn't have any experience.

Maybe Mike Lombardi? He has been less critical of the team that many other media types, has ties to Denver... oh, and actually has some experience in this area. The downside is that he's one of the guys who thinks McD will be a great coach one day... which would mean at least another year of the Boy Blunder.

Anyway, something to mull over...

Comment

• Originally posted by Diehard View Post
                                That being said, I am pretty certain he will be traded in the offseason. His value will never be higher, and there are a number of teams who could use a solid game manager at QB.
                                Really? Wouldn't it do Tebow better to sit for 2 seasons? He seems like the type to take advantage of all the time learning that he can and I don't see what the rush should be. He was a project anyway. Plus will McDaniels have time to roll with Tebow and his ups as a 1st year starter? If he's brought back, he needs Orton to probably win as many games as he can to keep his job right?

I guess if Tebow is coming along nicely you could, Orton should get a nice return from a team like San Fran who could really use Orton even if they drafted a QB.

I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information