Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to Vic Lombardi, Elway and Bowlen are having a power dinner tonight. Elway to join the organization in some capacity?

Certainly ties in nicely to the rumors that we are going back to our "roots"...

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
      as much as i love john. i really hope bowlen's not senile enough to make him our coach.
      No, I suspect he'd be an advisor at the top level. Work with the GM on the big picture. If he rejoins the team, we'll see additional changes in the FO.

Comment

i really wouldn't mind wade coming back as DC.

not sure i want anything to do with kubes.

and really, as long as we sign neither weis nor childress, our HC situation can't really get worse.
        He'd be a good choice honestly. Alot of Cowboy fans were happy with his job as strictly the DC, he does some great things with the 3-4 and if that is his primary focus he'll do a stand up job next season wherever he goes.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_16795158

Mike Kiszla just wrote a terrible article... I truly wonder if I'm ever going to take him seriously again.

This thesis was basically that Bowlen is to blame and McDaniels is the scapegoat.

Interesting claims made through the article.

The Broncos forgot how to win before McDaniels arrived.
          Yes, we were an 8-8 team. But the goal of the hiring was to improve our team, not disassemble it, just so we could go 3-9.

most startling claim of all:

You can blame McDaniels for drafting Tim Tebow, a first-round player who was declared unready to play for a 3-9 team during the final hours his coach was on the job. There were head-scratching trades, an unhealthy reliance on inexperienced assistant coaches and an obsession with collecting more quarterbacks than any one man could possibly use after dumping Jay Cutler.

But McDaniels didn't create the mess at Broncos headquarters. He threw open the doors for everybody to see there's no authority figure to provide the franchise with perspective or a steady hand during a crisis.
          You're right Mike, he didn't start it. He just made it 10 times worse. Is this guy for real?

On top of that, Bowlen, the so called "non existant authority figure", just made two incredibly hard (or easy, depending on the way you look at it) decisions, canned two coaches, all in the spirit of winning.

The Broncos now try to win with a roster closer to the bottom of the league than to the top of it in terms of money expended on talent. When Denver pulled a contract extension for cornerback Champ Bailey off the table at the 11th hour earlier this season, it seemed the accounting ledger had replaced championship rings as the No. 1 priority with this franchise.
          How about the fact that now mr. bowlen will be paying 3 head coaches next year, all in the spirit of trying to win some ball games? By that notion, we should just pay all our good players top 5 money for their respective positions. Has the dude ever heard of value relative to age?

Anyways, my only question is: Is Kiszla usually this bad?
          Last edited by Jimmy; 12-07-2010, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• @Jimmy - Yeah, that article sucked.

I guess you can blame the Broncos a bit for allowing McD to gain the control that he did. However, that wasn't "forcing too much on him", on the contrary, he was quite actively involved in the office powerplay that resulted in the Goodman boys leaving. McD wanted control and he got it... now he's lying in the bed he made.

Anyway, with Elway coming on board and the comments from Ellis that the new coach won't have as much control, I pretty much expect us to hire a GM type in the very near future.

Comment

• Looks like everyone's suspicions are further confirmed-

"It's not all in my hands. I just know that once I'm a free agent, I can control where I go, and it's about who wants me," Bailey said Tuesday night at a charity event. "Hopefully, the Broncos will want me."
              Moot point, Champ. It's not in your hands, but once you become a free agent, it is? Well, you you're not getting the CB money you want right now, so therefore you know you're testing the market by now. You're the one who sat in those meetings and listened to the front office tell you "come back at the end of the season, we'll have some counter propositions"

I rephrased his quote so we get a true sense of what he's trying to say. Read:
              "I have the control here. I just know that once I'm a free agent, I can control where I go, because someone's going to shell out the money, and someone's going to want to keep me at my preferred position. It's about who wants to pay me, and ideally, it's a team who can win." Bailey said Tuesday night at a charity event. "I'm gonna say falsely claim that hopefully the Broncos will "want me" because I know they won't pay me top corner money, and this way I won't seem disloyal."
              p.s. edit: Bailey just got PAYED on sunday. If he shuts down his man the rest of the season like he shut down Bowe this week, he's 100% gone.
              Last edited by Jimmy; 12-08-2010, 08:58 AM.

Comment

i honestly can't blame bailey or dawkins if they want to gtho. both deserve to go try to find a winner.
                100% agreed. I idolized champ as a 15 year old. In any "zomg best cb" debate, I always had his back, albeit in a fuming mindset. I just think it's fairly obvious that he is mincing words, but I guess that's just the p.c. thing to do.

Comment

• I want Jim Harbaugh to be the coach, Elway as VP of Football Operations and Eric DeCosta from Baltimore as GM. Sounds like a solid structure to me. Kubiak as OC and Wade as DC would also be good fits, IMO.

edit: that might be too much $ for bowlen..
                  Last edited by jCut; 12-10-2010, 12:27 AM.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

• My favorite player on the Broncos is in trouble. Perrish Cox arrested :

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/spor...78/detail.html

seriously.
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

• Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
                      My favorite player on the Broncos is in trouble. Perrish Cox arrested :

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/spor...78/detail.html

seriously.
                      likewise. i jizzed my pants when we drafted him, i think all the experts knew he had character issues, obviously mcd was hoping he could just get his **** together, but that is not the case.

Comment

• But hey, maybe this will be the wake up call everybody thinks he needs.

Comment

• So who thinks someone spins this as to somehow happening because we fired McDaniels? Like this doesn't happen all season and all of a sudden 4 days after he's fired, someone gets in trouble.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                            likewise. i jizzed my pants when we drafted him, i think all the experts knew he had character issues, obviously mcd was hoping he could just get his **** together, but that is not the case.
                            It's a little wierd. The incident happened a few days before Halloween, when Cox was left behind after the team went to London. I believe he was battling severe headaches/nausea as a result of that concussion. That doesn't dovetail very well with predatory sexual behaviour.

I guess we'll see as the facts emerge.

Oh, and this season is a total shitstorm. Hopefully we can get all the ******* stupidity out of the way in one big blast so the next coach actually has some hope of succeeding.

Comment

• Can someone tell me why hiring John Elway would help at all? The man is a golden god, but what does him being able to throw a football like no other have to do with him turning our franchise around? Is he truly "Stanford" smart?

Comment

• Why is Tebow still on the side lines in the 4th quarter when your down by 14 points ?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information