• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well this... sucks...
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17028788

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
      meh. it was bound to happen sooner or later. dude couldn't ever stay on the field.
      So... do we kick out beadles and draft a bunch of interior linemen? Or do we draft an interior lineman and a tackle? Or do we address this in free agency?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
        Like I said, completely underwhelming outside his first year there. Do you honestly believe an offensive coordinator who cannot even muster up average offenses deserves a shot at our job?

I think not.
        I'm not saying he should be the hire, but IMO he's worth interviewing. He's been known as a very strong X's and O's guy since his college days. He's not stuck on a particular scheme (e.g. ASU aired it out), which is somewhat appealing considering he'd be coming in to a situation where the need on the defensive side of things is going to make it very difficult to justify bringing in a lot of new guys on offense.

The downside is that I think he'd need to be willing to bring in a strong, veteran DC and delegate considerable authority to him. If his ego could handle that, it might work.

Comment

• (A) Price doesn't really matter for me. It is Champ Bailey. I have even read rumors (ESPN from another forum) that he would be interested in moving to safety to prolong his career. I don't worry about salary like a lot of people do. The money is there to sign him and others. There are ways to construct a contract that would alleviate any hit we would have to take if he ended up not doing well.

(B) Sucks to see Harris go, but his play was off and on and he has had injury problems in his four years with the Broncos. I would continue to grow Beadles at LG and draft a RT. Or, we could draft a player capable of playing either spot, giving us versatility. There are a lot of second to third round starting tackles in this draft, I think we would have our choice of any of them with our three picks after #2. I'll wait until our coaches are hired and see if we switch back to the ZBS (a guarantee if Dennison is or choice) before I come up with any players in mind.

(C) Pass on Koetter at all costs.
          Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

• Full PP vs. Jeff Fuller analysis is finally up in the PP thread. Really not a whole lot you can take from it, seeing that Fuller ran 1 route on him the whole game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
              (B) Sucks to see Harris go, but his play was off and on and he has had injury problems in his four years with the Broncos. I would continue to grow Beadles at LG and draft a RT. Or, we could draft a player capable of playing either spot, giving us versatility. There are a lot of second to third round starting tackles in this draft, I think we would have our choice of any of them with our three picks after #2. I'll wait until our coaches are hired and see if we switch back to the ZBS (a guarantee if Dennison is or choice) before I come up with any players in mind.
              The annoying thing though is that we will have to blow a pick in the first three rounds on a tackle now, unless we get one in FA. We have so many holes that we need this draft to fill, that losing a reasonable starter to FA just makes the rebuilding process all that much harder.

Comment

• It is annoying, but honestly, Harris' constant injury problems were pretty annoying as well.

I'd rather have someone who can play a full season so we can finally get the OL to gel.

I think Doug Free is someone to look at in FA if we go back to a ZBS. Dallas was a wierd fit for him in the first place.

Comment

• Prior to Harris departure, I had offensive line pegged as one of our selections in our top four because we lack serious quality depth there and I believe that they need a serious challenge based on their play this year. Eric Olsen, whom could be a good reserve, was inactive every game this year, matching the Trevor Pryce rookie record. Inconsistency was all over the line.

I like the Doug Free option at tackle in FA. I also like getting a TE in FA as well. Those should be relatively cheap options, since they aren't top performers. Bo Scaife (from Denver) might be a logical pick-up in that regard if we miss out on a high profile name. I'm not really aware of the other names on the OL who could press for starting time.

Right now, with four selections this is how I see it shaking out:

OL, DL (2) and whatever quality player is there. I think it is safe to say we do not need another receiver -- that position seems to be one of talent and strength for us. LB/S I'm all for, that would probably be the bigger priority over anything else since we need talent on defense. Even a dynamic running back if that is at all possible. Just depends on what we do in free agency. However, I like Elway stating he wants to build through the draft.

I'm confident we will be able to add another early round selection to our mix and that would help. At any case, like I said earlier, this rebuild for the team is going to take more than one off-season. Hopefully free agency happens on time and we can get one or two players that fit needs that can help us be more focused in our draft needs.

If I'm correct, we have 1, 2A, 2B, 3 and sixth rounders from New England and Detroit. (Maroney and Smith trades)

Our original six is with Cleveland for Quinn. Our seventh got flipped to Detroit and we got their sixth and Gronkowski. Our fourth is to New England and we got their sixth. No fifth rounder because that goes to Tampa Bay to acquire the two sevenths we spent on Thompson and Kirlew.

Simply not enough at this point in time. I hope we trade down from #2.
                  Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

• Meh, I think Harris has been playing a lot better, I would try to make some attempt to keep him.
                    Beadles need to stay on the inside, he isn't very good on the outside, and isn't fast enough to be the blindside tackle.
                    I think we should resign Bailey, I mean he is a talented guy and is absolutely dynamite while playing zone. So as a FS he would be pretty good I think.
                    Also I don't think he is done at corner yet so we can still use him there for a bit.

Comment

• Trade Orton for a 3rd.

1st Round: Nick Fairley DT Auburn
                      2nd Round: Adrian Clayborne DE Iowa
                      2nd Round: Greg Jones LB Michigan State
                      3rd Round: Jabal Sheards DE Pittsburgh
                      3rd Round: Davon House CB New Mexico
                      6th Round: Coby Fleener TE Stanford
                      7th Round: Charles Clay FB Tulsa

Free Agency:
                      Re-Sign Champ
                      Sign Barry Coffiel
                      Sigh Eric Weddle
                      Resign Ryan Harris
                      Let Dawkins retire

Team:
                      QB: Tim Tebow/Brady Quinn
                      HB: Knowshown Moreno/Lance Ball/Lendale White
                      FB: Charles Clay/Spencer Larsen
                      WR: Brandon Lloyd/DeMaryious Thomas/Eddie Royal/Jabar Gaffney/Eric Decker/Mathew Willis/Britt Davis
                      TE: Daniel Graham/Coby Fleener/Richard Quinn
                      OT: Ryan Clady/Ryan Harris/Chris Clark
                      G: Chris Kuper/Zane Beadles/Eric Olsen/Stanley Daniels
                      C: J.D Walton/Jeff Byers

DT: Nick Fairley/Barry Coffiel/Marcus Thomas/Justin Bannan/Kevin Vickerson
                      DE: Elvis Dumervil/Robert Ayers/Adrian Clayborne/Jabal Sheards
                      OLB: D.J Williams/Greg Jones/Wesley Woodyard/David Veikune
                      MLB: Joe Mays
                      S: Eric Weddle/David Bruton/Darcel McBath/Kyle McCarthy
                      CB: Champ Bailey/Andre Goodman/Perrish Cox/Davon House/Syndquan Thompson
                      K: Matt Prater
                      P: Britton Collquit
                      LS: Lonnie Paxton

Overall, I think this would cover the pressing offensive needs (Pass Catching TE/FB), while making our defensive considerably better.

Comments?

Comment

• Originally posted by DBNYDP View Post
                        Comments?
                        If we are shifting to a 4-man front (which is what your post seems to indicate), it weakens the argument for going big on DL. IMO, both Ayers and Hunter would do better with their hands down in a 4-3. We'd still want a significant interior presence, so a DT in round 1 would remain the most likely situation, and I could see us picking up another body in the mid rounds.

I certainly don't mind a lot of the moves you're proposing, but some are borderline wishful thinking (e.g. Harris staying). I'm not sure about the safety group - some decent potential, but would have lots to prove.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diehard View Post
                          If we are shifting to a 4-man front (which is what your post seems to indicate), it weakens the argument for going big on DL. IMO, both Ayers and Hunter would do better with their hands down in a 4-3. We'd still want a significant interior presence, so a DT in round 1 would remain the most likely situation, and I could see us picking up another body in the mid rounds.

I certainly don't mind a lot of the moves you're proposing, but some are borderline wishful thinking (e.g. Harris staying). I'm not sure about the safety group - some decent potential, but would have lots to prove.
                          I just wanted to make sure that we would have a fallback option in case if Doom just flopped as a 4-3 end. I think Ayers will be great in a 4-3, but like I said, insurance policy.
                          I can't say I've seen Jason Hunter play too much as a 4-3 end.
                          Originally I had Nevis with our first second.
                          Any suggestions?
                          I was thinking signing Doug Free would be our best option if Harris leaves, but personally I would franchise Harris and just see what happens with him.

Comment

• well, it looks like the list of head coaching candidates comes down to this:
                            eric studesville
                            perry fewell
                            dirk koetter
                            rick dennison
                            gregg williams
                            mike mularkey
                            john fox

it's definitely an uninspiring group, although i wouldn't mind if we end up going with fewell. i think it's fair to say that the team's future is looking bleak at this point.
                            Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
                            Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

• Originally posted by Cunningham View Post
                              it's definitely an uninspiring group, although i wouldn't mind if we end up going with fewell. i think it's fair to say that the team's future is looking bleak at this point.
                              Nothing like some good ole doomsaying....

Seriously, though, was there a "sexy" hire out there? Gruden or Cowher look like they aren't in play at all, the interim guys in Dallas and Minny got promoted and Rivera's had a number shots at the big chair in various places and for whatever reason hasn't made the cut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diehard View Post
                                Nothing like some good ole doomsaying....

Seriously, though, was there a "sexy" hire out there? Gruden or Cowher look like they aren't in play at all, the interim guys in Dallas and Minny got promoted and Rivera's had a number shots at the big chair in various places and for whatever reason hasn't made the cut.
                                i'm just saying that with the inexperience of elway/xanders, coupled with the ****** group of players we have right now, it wouldn't be surprising if we really struggle as an organization for the next however many years
                                Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
                                Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information