Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a more positive note, Fairley looks amazing tonight. I'd be happy with either one of him or PP.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Another plan...3-4 this time
      The Denver Broncos trade Kyle Orton to Arizona for the 69th pick
      The Denver Broncos trades #2 of the NFL draft to the Dallas Cowboys in exchange for #9, #41, #73, and a future 2nd

#9: Marcel Dareus DE Alabama
      #36: Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame
      #40: Phil Taylor NT Baylor
      #46: Jerrell Powe DE Ole Miss
      #67: Kelvin Shepherd ILB LSU
      #69: Johnny Patrick CB Louisville
      #192: Shaun Chapas FB Georgia
      #194: Andrew Fleener TE Stanford

Resign Champ Bailey
      Resign Ryan Harris
      Sign Paul Soliai
      Sign Paul Posluszny
      Sign Eric Weddle

QB: Tim Tebow/Brady Quinn
      RB: Knowshown Moreno/Lance Ball/Lendale White
      FB: Shaun Chapas/Spencer Larsen
      WR: Brandon Lloyd/Jabar Gaffney/DeMaryious Thomas//Eddie Royal/Eric Decker/Britt Davis or Matthew Willis
      TE: Kyle Rudolph/Andrew Fleener/Richard Quinn
      RT: Ryan Harris
      RG: Chris Kuper/Stanley Daniels
      C: J.D Walton/Jeff Byers
      LG: Zane Beadles/Eric Olsen
      LT: Ryan Clady/Chris Clark

RDE: Marcus Thomas/Marcel Dareus
      NT: Paul Soliai/Phil Taylor/Jamal Williams
      LDE: Justin Bannan/Kevin Vickerson/Jerrell Powe
      ROLB: Elvis Dumervil/Wesley Woodyard
      RILB: D.J Williams/Paul Posluszny
      LILB: Joe Mays/Kelvin Shepherd
      LOLB: Robert Ayers/Mario Haggan
      CB: Champ Bailey/Johnny Patrick
      CB: Andre Goodman/Perrish Cox
      NCB: Syd'Quan Thompson/Cassius Vaughn
      FS: Eric Weddle/Darcel McBath
      SS: David Bruton/Kyle McCarthy

K: Matt Prater
      P: Britton Colquitt
      LS: Lonnie Paxton

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
        i don't care what else happens, kyle rudolph is a horrible pick. not quite on the clarett level, but certainly on the quinn level.
        I wouldn't go that far. At least Rudolph can play. I don't think most people even knew who Quinn was. And still don't.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

• Originally posted by jCut View Post
          I wouldn't go that far. At least Rudolph can play. I don't think most people even knew who Quinn was. And still don't.
          I guess TE and OL are both offensive positions that need help (whether Harris leaves or not) and drafting someone of good value wouldnt upset me (no more Beadles-type reaches please). Nowhere near as big a need as everywhere on the defense though.

Comment

we have no business drafting yet another TE who will have an extremely limited role in the offense, when nearly every other position on the team could just use warm bodies. we might as well draft devlin in the second. i mean, we need a second string qb, right?
            This is the unknown of course, as we really dont know what kind of an offense we will run next year.

If I were running an offense with Tebow at the helm, then a quality TE (who can hold his ground, block downfield, act as a reliable safety valve, catch screen passes and catch downfield) would figure very highly on my list of needs.
            Last edited by Timbathia; 01-11-2011, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• I think we could definitely use a TE, as Graham is just an overpaid swing tackle and Quinn / Gronkowski are garbage. But, with the amount of holes on our defense, I will not advocate taking one with a high draft pick.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

• Our offense needs to be more efficient, having an every-down TE helps. If Tebow is going to be the future of this team, drafting an every-down TE helps. Graham is not very good, and is overpaid, should be cut. Grownkowski has done ****. Quinn is strictly a blocker.
                The defense gets improved in the draft by bringing a lot of youth and talent on the team. I don't like think any other player in the draft would be available at that position that would have a better impact than Rudolph.
                Overpaying for a TE like Marcedes Lewis or Owen Daniels this offseason isn't smart. We can't fill every hole on defense this year, that is just a stupid sentiment. A lot of the positions aren't very deep in this draft, and we should just be patient for next year.
                This team is a middle of the pack offense as well..so really..it does need help (not as much as the defense, and as you can see I mostly devote the draft to defense, and the FA to defense)

Comment

• I don't get what the problem is.
                  I get two defensive ends, and a NT in this draft.
                  Draft a CB who I really like. Draft an ILB who can hit/lead.
                  Sign a proven NT.
                  Sign a good linebacker.
                  And a pretty good free safety.

I think we do a pretty good job on improving the defense in the draft. 3-4 ends in the 1st aren't always a waste, some have been huge beasts ala Haloti Ngata
                  Brady Quinn is one of the better backup QBs, then grab a guy as an UDFA to come and be #3...I don't put backup QB on the same level as a starting TE who has the potential to be a Pro Bowler...

Comment

• Originally posted by DBNYDP View Post
                    I don't get what the problem is.
                    I get two defensive ends, and a NT in this draft.
                    Draft a CB who I really like. Draft an ILB who can hit/lead.
                    Sign a proven NT.
                    Sign a good linebacker.
                    And a pretty good free safety.

I think we do a pretty good job on improving the defense in the draft. 3-4 ends in the 1st aren't always a waste, some have been huge beasts ala Haloti Ngata
                    Brady Quinn is one of the better backup QBs, then grab a guy as an UDFA to come and be #3...I don't put backup QB on the same level as a starting TE who has the potential to be a Pro Bowler...
                    I think possibly another problem we may have this year is signing free agents. I mean, who the **** is going to want to come and play for us this season?

Comment

• Coaching search...

It looks to me like it is down to Rick Dennison, Dirk Koetter and John Fox. I'd have to think Fox is the favorite, given his coaching experience... but it sounds like the other two both impressed during the interviews.

As for TE, I like Lance Kendricks from Wisconsin if he falls to the middle rounds. The guy can block and catch.

Comment

• Rudolph is pretty good blocker, and he is a good receiver...
                        Jason Witten type player.

Ngata was a high pick, not exactly top 10 but it was pretty close..Dareus is a really great player, I have no clue why you are so down on him. His experience/talent makes him a very valuable player, most drafts have him going around there.
                        Our line this year was totally out of sync, with several different starting combinations. Once the line was more or less set, the running game improved as evidence by Moreno's success (averaging 5 YAC the last 5 games of the year?
                        Beadles/Kuper/Walton are fine on the interior, and Beadles/Walton are going to continue to get better. The linemen in this draft are very unimpressive, and I wouldn't jump to take any of them. Soliai is a solid player, I say sign him to a shorter term deal so he is more of a stop gap till Phil Taylor becomes the starter.

Comment

• I think we need to bring in a respected defensive mind. I'm hoping for John Fox!

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

beadles will kick out to RT (i sincerely hope i'm wrong. if he doesn't, we need a RT), kuper is garbage and has been for a while. soliai has had one decent year and has been on the verge of getting cut every other year he's been in the nfl. and moreno sure looked good against houston. and oakland.
                            Beadles would be terrible at RT, he will get abused by speed rusher. Kuper is fine, he was one of the best performers on our line this year. I think Harris comes back, if not I'll take Free, Clabo or the guy for NO.
                            I'm not saying overpay Soliai, but I think we can get him at a reasonable price in a short term contract. If not we only need a guy to rotate with Jamal and keep him fresh. Worst comes to worst, Powe can rotate into the NT position too..
                            Moreno looked great against the Chiefs. The running game has looked fine when people have been healthy (sadly that is the biggest problem..)

Daniel Graham has cost this team. He has had some costly drops where the pass has been fine and he has just dropped it. He has been slow, and has had trouble getting down and blocking. And even when he is there to make the block, he isn't amazing anymore. I like Quinn's blocking enough to make him our blocking TE, he is better than Graham at this point. Rudolph adds an every down TE, who is still a great blocker.
                            I'd consider taking a safety/CB/OLB at Rudolph's position, and I'm not sure we get the best value there (CB isn't a huge position of need in my opinion). I don't like any linemen enough to take them there, the whole class is just terrible in that area.

Comment

• Fox is our guy.

Comment

i'm not really all that excited. although i'm not quite as nervous as i was two years ago.
                                As a Giants fan who has been a Fox supporter for a long long time, I'm jealous. Fox is a great HC, you guys got one hell of a coach.

I was hoping he'd be the heir to Coughlin, but now that's no longer an option.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information