Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He'll cost too much. Hightower will be cheaper.
    McDermott is the new DC prob.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
      i'm guessing this makes bowers the pick and pretty well eliminates the peterson/dareus argument.
      I think I at the point now where I would be happy with Fairley or Bowers. This is still a bad year to get the second pick, but I think these are the two guys most worth taking a punt on based on where we are. Everyone else would be a bad idea in my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
        I think I at the point now where I would be happy with Fairley or Bowers. This is still a bad year to get the second pick, but I think these are the two guys most worth taking a punt on based on where we are. Everyone else would be a bad idea in my mind.
        agreed with taking fairley or bowers, but i think this is far from a bad year to have the second overall pick. imagine if we were in the same situation, except replace this year's class with the class of '09. that would defnitely be a no-win situation.
        Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
        Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

i'm still on peterson. i think he's clearly the BPA in the draft, and when you need talent at every position on defense....

that said, if we shift to a 43 look, i'm ok with bowers or fairley. i don't like either in a 34 look.
          i think it's pretty much a given that we'll switch to a 43, considering fox's background and our reported interest in mora and mcdermott

Comment

• I'd be happy with either PP or Fairley. Disappointed with anyone else. Also I don't mind the move to the 4-3 much at all. If you look at our front 7, it's probly gonna benefit both DJ Williams and Robert Ayers. It's gonna hurt Doom, but only slightly, as he's proven he can get the sacks any way he wants. Yeah he'll suffer in run support, but as of now, so will our entire D so whatever.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
            Originally posted by njx9
            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

all reports i've seen indicate that we'll stick with a 34 flavor, but that it'll be more of a hybrid (doom will have his hand in the dirt at times).
              We kept Nunnelly as DL coach, which is a signal that the 3-4 will still be in effect to some degree. Other coaching appointments:

OC - Mike McCoy
              OL - Dave Magazu
              TE - Clancy Barone
              RB - Eric Studesville
              WR - Tyke Tolbert
              Off Quality Control - Brian Callahan

DL - Wayne Nunnelly
              Def Quality Control - Jay Rodgers

Jim Skipper (RB, Running game coordinator in Carolina) is rumored to be coming (maybe AHC?) and from what I've heard it sounds like Adam Gase will move from WR's to QB coach. Both would be good moves.

DC looks to be either McDermott from Philly or Mora Jr. Either one is significantly more legit than Wink.

Comment

• I really don't like McDermott, but I imagine he'd be running John Fox's schemes and not his own, so it might not be too bad. Also it should be noted that Magazu is a zone blocking guy, so it looks like we'll be a zone blocking team again.

Comment

• Originally posted by crossroads View Post
                  I really don't like McDermott, but I imagine he'd be running John Fox's schemes and not his own, so it might not be too bad.
                  No question that Fox will strongly influence the D, which would probably be good for a young guy like McDermott. We'll see how it plays out.

Also it should be noted that Magazu is a zone blocking guy, so it looks like we'll be a zone blocking team again.
                  Carolina has run a mix of things the last few years. However, I believe Fox mentioned the return of a strong zone approach during one of his media sessions. I think that's a good thing. Not so much zone running, but the focus on doing a few things well. Commit to a certain approach. Repetition helps execution. This was an area of weakness under McD. Hopefully that will change.

Comment

• sorry for being out of the loop on this, but does anyone know how free agency will work with the current cba issues? will there be any signings before a new one is worked out?

Comment

• Originally posted by crossroads View Post
                      I really don't like McDermott, but I imagine he'd be running John Fox's schemes and not his own, so it might not be too bad. Also it should be noted that Magazu is a zone blocking guy, so it looks like we'll be a zone blocking team again.
                      McDermott gone to Carolina.

Comment

• Denver Post is reporting that Jim Mora will likely be named the new DC.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

• Originally posted by Cunningham View Post
                          sorry for being out of the loop on this, but does anyone know how free agency will work with the current cba issues? will there be any signings before a new one is worked out?
                          My understanding (which may be flawed) is that there is basically no trading of players or unrestricted FA until a new CBA is in place.

Comment

• What do you guys think of Amakumara?

Comment

• But Amukamara has been nothing but a shutdown corner for Nebraska this year. How can you not be impressed by him?

Comment

• it may be a long time before we get a DC if we wait around to talk to Trgovac.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information