This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
    it may be a long time before we get a DC if we wait around to talk to Trgovac.
    Can't they talk to coaches on the superbowl teams during the bye week this week?

Comment

• Originally posted by crossroads View Post
      Can't they talk to coaches on the superbowl teams during the bye week this week?
      Not completely sure of the rules, but I definitely read on espn that we have to wait until the Packers season is over.

Comment

• Originally posted by crossroads View Post
        They can interview during that bye week, but couldn't finalize anything until the season is over.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
          don't they still need the team's permission? which, i'd imagine, isn't real easy to get.
          Yes, you'd need to get permission first.

Comment

• After further research, I may be wrong. Those rules may only apply to filling HC vacancies.

As there is an urgency to hire new head coaches for some non-playoff teams, the NFL does allow teams to request permission to interview a postseason participant's assistants during the wild card week for teams who have the bye that week. They can also request permission to do so during the first week of Super Bowl preparations as long as there is a two-week break between the conference championships and the Super Bowl. The team only has one chance to talk to the assistant coach, once permission is granted, before the coach's team is eliminated from the playoffs.
            If it is only HC's, then we'll have to wait until after the Superbowl.

Comment

• i'm keeping an eye on greg jones this week during the senior bowl. definitely seems like a potential pick for us in round 2.
              Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
              Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

• dennis allen was named defensive coordinator on monday.. thoughts?

he was previously on the saints as the secondary coach, not to mention the saints were 4th in pass d. and tuesday ron milus (secondary) and richard smith (linebackers) were also signed onto the staff.

i wonder what this means for the whole 43/34 scheme?

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                  i said this in the other thread, but it means i want peterson even more now.
                  With all of the front-seven talent on the board, why go corner?

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

• Originally posted by VoiceofReason View Post
                    i wonder what this means for the whole 43/34 scheme?
                    My guess: we'll run 4 man fronts (vs run/pass) and some 3-3-5 looks (mainly vs pass). Even though the 3-3-5 has 3 DL, it doesn't require the same kind of skillset as the rare-and-mysterious 3-4 NT. A 4-3 DT who can get some push on the pocket would be just fine.

To make this work, I suspect we'll be looking for some DB's who can tackle and DL who can rush the passer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diehard View Post
                      My guess: we'll run 4 man fronts (vs run/pass) and some 3-3-5 looks (mainly vs pass). Even though the 3-3-5 has 3 DL, it doesn't require the same kind of skillset as the rare-and-mysterious 3-4 NT. A 4-3 DT who can get some push on the pocket would be just fine.

To make this work, I suspect we'll be looking for some DB's who can tackle and DL who can rush the passer.
                      Gee it would be nice to have someone who could rush the passer besides Doom.

Trivia question - who is the only Bronco (besides Doom) to have more than 5.5 sacks in a season since 2004 (when Reggie Hayward had 10.5)?

Comment

Gee it would be nice to have someone who could rush the passer besides Doom.

Trivia question - who is the only Bronco (besides Doom) to have more than 5.5 sacks in a season since 2004 (when Reggie Hayward had 10.5)?
                        Bertrand Berry?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                          Bertrand Berry?
                          No, his 11.5 sacks in 2003 earned him a ticket straight out of Denver.

Comment

No, his 11.5 sacks in 2003 earned him a ticket straight out of Denver.
                            Dang. I knew he was around there, missed him by a year I guess.

It couldn't be that you just read the career total by mistake instead of a season and you mean Jarvis Moss, right? No, because he has 3.5. Wow. Just realized how unbelievably pathetic that is. I'm stumped. Trevor Pryce? Just checked and nope. Damn.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• (A) Bowers wouldn't be playing behind Ayers if he was selected at #2 overall. I'm sort of baffled by comments like this. What has Ayers ever proved for this team on the field so far? Do you think when the staff is evaluating the players, he is listed as an irreplaceable starter? Get real.

(B) Dareus might not be worth it at #2, but if we needed a tackle on the inside, he fills the void. He played through the whole year with an injury and did quite well, and when he was healthy again he dominated.

(C) Xanders has already said we are going to take the BPA at a position of need. My guess is that it is going to be a front seven player. I would be absolutely fine with Peterson, but if Fairley goes #1, Denver is probably going to do their best to trade down or select one of the higher rated DL playrs before the run on top tier DL starts.
                              Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                                Dang. I knew he was around there, missed him by a year I guess.

It couldn't be that you just read the career total by mistake instead of a season and you mean Jarvis Moss, right? No, because he has 3.5. Wow. Just realized how unbelievably pathetic that is. I'm stumped. Trevor Pryce? Just checked and nope. Damn.
                                Actually the career totals would be interesting over that period (and by interesting I mean pathetic). The guy I am asking about may actually have the second highest number of sacks by a Bronco over the past 7 years.

It really highlights how pathetic we have been at rushing the passer for the past 7 years. Everyone in the other forums keeps spouting off about how Doom will be no good to us when we go back to the 4-3, but truth be told when playing in a 4-3 he is light years ahead of anyone else we have had since the days of Pryce and Berry.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information