Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As long as the Broncos are committed to defense, I would be surprised if the Broncos mess up this draft (at least for the first two rounds).

If we go for either Bowers/Dareus with our first pick (assuming Fairley goes #1 overall), we can always grab a solid CB in round 2 like Aaron Williams or even CU's Jimmy Smith.

If we go for Peterson with our first pick, then we can still possibly grab a solid DE/DL prospect such as Cameron Hayward, Allen Bailey, Cory Liuget with our next pick.

I'd be content with either scenario. With that said, trading down our #2 pick for a few spots down would be ideal.

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

• If were are looking for someone inside whose coverage responsibilities would be limited to short zones, Kelvin Sheppard from LSU looked like quite a thumper at the Senior Bowl. He's got the natural leadership you like to see from a MLB.

There are actually quite a few nice 4-3 LB prospects who will probably make it out of rounds 1-2. Trading down at some point to get an extra 3rd or 4th would be a wise idea, IMO.

Comment

• I would love to get a guy like Mason Foster in the second round. I think he could be a starting ILB in John Fox's defense, similar to Beason. Not the biggest guy, but quick and instinctive.
        Last edited by jCut; 02-02-2011, 12:40 PM.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

• Originally posted by jCut View Post
          I would love to get a guy like Mason Foster in the second round. I think he could be a starting ILB in John Fox's defense, similar to Beason. Not the biggest guy, but quick and instinctive.
          I think he could play any of the 4-3 LB spots. He's one that should be on our radar.

Comment

• Honestly I wouldn't be sad if our draft looked something like..
            Dareus/Austin/Foster/Shepperd

Comment

• Well, this is just ******* terrific.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hilles-tendon/

Comment

• Originally posted by crossroads View Post
                Well, this is just ******* terrific.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hilles-tendon/
                wow, just wow
                Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
                Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

• Comment

• That flushing you hear is the sound of two drafts going down the tubes...

I'm tired of all these injuries. Dump guys who can't stay healthy. If someone slides in the draft due to injury concerns, *IGNORE THEM*. It's not a "steal" if they don't see the field.

Comment

• Return of the Champ?

Apparently, negotiations are back on with Champ. That sends some interesting signals about the CBA...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17398281

Comment

• 4-3 it is...
                        http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17418393

p.s. if we sign bob sanders imma kill a *****
                        Last edited by Jimmy; 02-18-2011, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• this mayock quote angers me:

"You mentioned two incredibly talented guys that each have boom-or-bust potential," said Mike Mayock, a draft analyst for the NFL Network. "Da'Quan Bowers is a one-year wonder. It was a wonderful one year, but you better make sure because he didn't have production prior to that."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                            this mayock quote angers me:

"You mentioned two incredibly talented guys that each have boom-or-bust potential," said Mike Mayock, a draft analyst for the NFL Network. "Da'Quan Bowers is a one-year wonder. It was a wonderful one year, but you better make sure because he didn't have production prior to that."
                            yea, that seems a little harsh. how many defensive linemen come in and dominate in their first or second year out of high school? it's definitely one of the harder positions to make the transition from high school to college

Comment

• Originally posted by Cunningham View Post
                              yea, that seems a little harsh. how many defensive linemen come in and dominate in their first or second year out of high school? it's definitely one of the harder positions to make the transition from high school to college
                              yep. and let's not forget that "one year wonder" is a term relegated to players to emphasize the fact that they may have just had a fluke year, and haven't really played that well in years past

Bowers was a monster senior year, 9th in the ACC in sacks junior year despite missing 3 games, and was ranked the #1 ****ing overall high school football prospect by ESPN.com in 2008 I want to slap mayock, it's just soooo mindblowing how he'd say that.
                              how are you going to tell me that a guy who was allegedly the #1 high school player in the USA in '08 hasn't played well in years past?
                              sure, it was his first and only super productive college season, but i've never heard the term "one year wonder" slapped on a player who was a 5-star prospect in high school (edit: whom at 265 lbs, posted 16 sacks and 21 touchdowns on offense), it's usually guys who came out of nowhere.
                              i'm angry because i love mayock and that really makes me wonder if he's any smarter than some of the idiots posting here
                              /end rant. i gotta lay off the 5 hour energy
                              Last edited by Jimmy; 02-21-2011, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                                yep. and let's not forget that "one year wonder" is a term relegated to players to emphasize the fact that they may have just had a fluke year, and haven't really played that well in years past

Bowers was a monster senior year, 9th in the ACC in sacks junior year despite missing 3 games, and was ranked the #1 ****ing overall high school football prospect by ESPN.com in 2008 I want to slap mayock, it's just soooo mindblowing how he'd say that.
                                how are you going to tell me that a guy who was allegedly the #1 high school player in the USA in '08 hasn't played well in years past?
                                sure, it was his first and only super productive college season, but i've never heard the term "one year wonder" slapped on a player who was a 5-star prospect in high school (edit: whom at 265 lbs, posted 16 sacks and 21 touchdowns on offense), it's usually guys who came out of nowhere.
                                i'm angry because i love mayock and that really makes me wonder if he's any smarter than some of the idiots posting here
                                /end rant. i gotta lay off the 5 hour energy
                                mayock is as good as anyone, but he has his "moments". like last year, having earl thomas over berry, or being all over ayer's nuts a few years back

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information