Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von Miller seems better suited to a team that will use him in blitz packages. All indications are that we will use our front 4 to get pressure, and not our LBs. I think he will be a very good player, but doesnt seem the ideal impact option for us at #2.

I dont think Quinn can even be in the conversation.

I dont think it matters who we get out of the other 4. Legit arguments for any - it will probably come down to the interviews, so we have no way of knowing who it will be until the draft. We just need to make sure that the second round picks turn into good starters (one of them almost has to be a LBer).

Comment

• Some prospects we're keeping an eye on according to the DP:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17522231

* Dareus
      * J.J. Watt
      * Dontay Moch
      * Von Miller
      * Patrick Peterson
      * Da'Norris Searcy

A bit of a fluff piece but it is interesting to hear we interviewed Moch at the combine. He's fits the bill for "increasing team speed and athleticism". SLB?

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
        seems like moch is a worse fit than miller, unless we want a pure rush down backer... or we think he can be had pretty late.
        Agreed. It's curious that the team appears to have an interest in a rushbacker type player despite the comments about moving to a 4-3. Maybe Allen is influencing the defensive scheme than we think? Moch or Miller could be quite effective in 3-3-5 looks where they can come off the edge.

Comment

• More cuts

Bannan and JWall gone:

http://twitter.com/Denver_Broncos

I knew Williams would be a goner - too old, too much money. Bannan is a little more of a surprise. DL was never a position of strength, but with both Thomas and Vickerson RFA's (and potentially FA's depending on how the CBA shakes out) and now these cuts, we could very well have a complete turnover at DT.

Comment

makes dareus seem a lot more likely...
            Allright bigman give me your take on Elway's less than ringing endorsement of Tim Tebow? or is there nothing there.

Comment

is there a link? i haven't seen anything like that (not that it's not true, but i'd be interested in reading it)
              I want to say it was on PFT. It was in the context of Timmy played well at the end of the year but was very raw. I think Elway implied that Orton will be the starter going into the season.

Comment

makes dareus seem a lot more likely...
                It certainly does. It would also seem likely that they'll announce a deal with Vickerson and/or Thomas in the near future as well.

Comment

• Wow. 2010's free agency class was a complete bust. Another tally on McD's **** list. I called Williams leaving, but I didn't expect Bannan to be gone.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

seems like moch is a worse fit than miller, unless we want a pure rush down backer... or we think he can be had pretty late.
                    Fox probably seems a lot of similarities between Moch and Everette Brown.

I believe Miller is best suited in a 3-4 and isn't the best fit for our team, because essentially he is the same kind of player as Elvis Dumervil.

An attack style defense requires fast players who swarm to the ball. This team is devoid of quality pass rushers, so there is no surprise that these guys are on our radar.

I would not be surprised at all if Moch is a guy we look for in the second round.
                    Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

• I thought this might happen:

http://twitter.com/Denver_Broncos#

The Broncos have agreed to terms with defensive lineman Kevin Vickerson on a multi-year contract.

Comment

• The Perrish Cox preliminary trial is tomorrow, basically it will determine if the judge thinks there's enough evidence to go forward with the case.

fingers crossed

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                          The Perrish Cox preliminary trial is tomorrow, basically it will determine if the judge thinks there's enough evidence to go forward with the case.

fingers crossed
                          If he is guilty then I hope he goes to prison.

If he is not guilty, then I have my fingers crossed too that the judge throws it out tomorrow and Perrish can move on with getting ready for the season.

Comment

• Pro Day info

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17564839?source=rss

Auburn, who has two potential Top 5 picks in defensive tackle Nick Fairley and quarterback Cam Newton, is the first stop in a multi-campus tour for the Broncos' brain trust. The group will also visit Alabama (to see defensive tackle Marcell Dareus) and Texas A&M (to see linebacker Vonn Miller) this week. Dareus and Von Miller are also considered possible top five picks.

Comment

• PP talking to Champ?

Apparently Champ and Patrick Peterson have been chatting:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...f-bailey-union

Peterson, who earlier in the chat said Bailey has been among the NFL cornerbacks to contact with him, said he is on board. Here is Peterson’s response to the question:

“That would be wonderful to go there and help a veteran get over the hump and get a championship. Champ has been in the game a long time and he's thirsty to win a championship. I would be more than happy to line up beside him and achieve that goal that he wants and that I want as well.”

Comment

• Arkansas pro day

Apparently McCoy was at the Razorbacks' Pro Day:

http://arkansas.scout.com/2/1054233.html

TE DJ Williams would be the obvious reason for attending, though Tebow haters may have their fantasies that it was secretly all about watching Mallett throw.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information