Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping back to get Miller, PP or Fairley would be fantastic IMO.

Comment

• http://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora

The league's designated ****** has a bunch of stuff up on twitter about Washington trading up to #2 to grab Gabbert. I heard similar rumblings last week. Given the Elway - Shanahan connection, this definitely doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility. Washington would pay a pretty heavy price to make that move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diehard View Post
        http://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora

The league's designated ****** has a bunch of stuff up on twitter about Washington trading up to #2 to grab Gabbert. I heard similar rumblings last week. Given the Elway - Shanahan connection, this definitely doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility. Washington would pay a pretty heavy price to make that move.
        1) The Redskins have very limited ammo

2) Shanahan is very quiet about his draft intentions especially if he is targeting a franchise QB (remember Jay Cutler?)

A lot of rumors are flying around, hard to believe in this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
          1) The Redskins have very limited ammo

2) Shanahan is very quiet about his draft intentions especially if he is targeting a franchise QB (remember Jay Cutler?)
          Shanny/Broncos - yes, quiet. But the Redskins are quite a different organization.

In a way, Washington's limited ammo is a positive. They are going to have a thin draft in any case:

1 (010)
          2 (041)
          5 (144)
          5 (155)
          6 (177)
          7 (213)
          7 (224)
          7 (253)

Essentially, they'd be swapping their 2 top picks for 1, then throwing in some later round stuff as well as future picks (which might be worthless, depending on the whole labor situation works out). Given their generally callous disregard for draft picks, I see this being possible.

Comment

• If that rumor is true I think the Broncos could get a quality defensive player at 10 and it would go down as yet another stupid move by the redskins front office.

Comment

• Originally posted by SolidGold View Post
              If that rumor is true I think the Broncos could get a quality defensive player at 10 and it would go down as yet another stupid move by the redskins front office.
              I think Fairley would be the target. That may seem late, but consistent with the other active trade rumor (with Houston, who have pick 11). If you believe the buzz about the Titans going QB in round 1, then Fairley can easily end up in the Broncos hands at 10/11.

Comment

• Schefter just reported he expects the Broncos to take Von Miller with the 2nd pick.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Miller could be a great pick *if* we are willing to put a scheme in place that makes good use of him. The vanilla John Fox 4-3 cover 2/cover 3 won't get it done, though.

Some of the media folks are being fed Miller to the Broncos and it's been going on for a week or so. Notice Mayock changed his tune from "Dareus is a slam dunk" to "Miller or Peterson"? It sure seems like Denver wants to be linked to all the top defensive prospects as well as the QB's... which sounds to me like they are really working the trade down angle hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                    i think it would cement dj in the middle. without some studs at DT, he'll be exposed for yet another year as a mediocre run stopper. that's the only reason i don't like that pick.

unsurprisingly, i guess, i tend to think of the worst case scenario. :P
                    When we pick Mason Foster at 46, he'll take care of the middle. DJ can go back to the weakside where he belongs.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                      figures.

well, another year of defensive suckitude, on the way.
                      i'm guessing you don't like miller because of the position he'd play, or do you just not like him as a prospect?
                      Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
                      Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

• No way Fairley lasts to #10. It won't happen. Mason Foster to Denver at #46 sounds about right, though.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

• I also don't like the idea of picking a SLB at #2, and then having to change our defense to fit his strengths. Sounds like a terrible idea.

edit: double post sry

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

• Comment

• The pick works for me. I was a little surprised we weren't able to work a trade down, but after hearing John Fox's post-draft comments, it really doesn't sound like they expected, or even wanted, to move down.

I missed the first part of the presser so I don't know if there were any scheme questions asked... but the pick says to me that Dennis Allen is building a pressure defense more along the lines of what we saw in NO than Fox's traditional 4-3 cover 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diehard View Post
                                The pick works for me. I was a little surprised we weren't able to work a trade down, but after hearing John Fox's post-draft comments, it really doesn't sound like they expected, or even wanted, to move down.

I missed the first part of the presser so I don't know if there were any scheme questions asked... but the pick says to me that Dennis Allen is building a pressure defense more along the lines of what we saw in NO than Fox's traditional 4-3 cover 2.
                                Arguments about value at #2 aside - we got a fantastic prospect at a position we are atrocious at.

I am very interested to see what happens with our next two picks, as DT, OT, RB, TE, and who knows what else are all possibilities.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information