X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    1st round pick: pass rush. DT/DE
    I think that's highly desirable, but the DT pool is weak at the top and pass rushers tend to generate a lot of interest. #25 might not be a great spot to be looking for those things.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
      i think this is a perfect year to trade down. presuming the draft plays out as expected, that is. i don't see any overwhelming BPA value at our position, and anything we drafted for need would, for the most part, be a massive overdraft.
      I think this will be the draft day approach. See who slips down to 25, then make the decision. If the obvious value isn't there, then trade down instead of reaching on a need.

However, I believe that someone will slip down to us. A few teams will gamble on potential, a few will go strongly with need and positional value will influence others.

Comment

regarding miller, i'd like him in the late second. i think he'd be an atrocious, moreno-like (in value, not in talent) pick in the first. but he just looks like he'll go way earlier than he should.
        He's getting a lot of buzz around here, but we've all seen how RB's slide on draft day. I think Richardson is the only RB that's a lock for round 1.

Comment

i'll keep rolling with the prospect crush... i think he fits a tim tebow style offense perfectly. where he can get a crease or a hole, i think he hits it well, and he hits it with more speed than just about anyone else i've seen in the draft. i *don't* think he's a 3 down back in a standard offense, but there are only a bare handful of guys in the nfl who are, and i don't see anyone in this draft who i think is on that level (i really don't like richardson, but i'm willing to concede the point if anyone wants to force it). to be honest, i think he would've fit the old shanahan offense perfectly, too.

all that said, if he's a guy i want, he'll go to the patriots. the nfl draft hates me.
          I remember when his stock was much higher and was considered a probable first round pick. Any idea why his stock fell? Just curious, I didn't watch a whole lot of college football this year (though i did watch a few oregon games, and i thought he looked good).

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

• Originally posted by Diehard View Post
            However, I suspect that means no DT for us in round 1. OL, LB and secondary seem more likely..
            Hmm.. what makes you say that? Poe, Still, Thompson, Worthy, Brockers, etc. would represent good value @ #25.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

• Originally posted by jCut View Post
              Hmm.. what makes you say that? Poe, Still, Thompson, Worthy, Brockers, etc. would represent good value @ #25.
              Which one of those guys brings the pass rush we need inside? There are a lot of big, solid bodies there but I'm not convinced that's what we need. Worthy is the obvious fit but he's inconsistent. Brockers has big potential, but probably goes before we pick.

Maybe I'm selling some of these guys short, but it seems like we're overvaluing them simply because the talent pool is weaker this time around.

Comment

i don't recall him as a first round pick, but at 5'9", he's undersized to start with.
                Size and scheme... people saying he's go huge holes to run through because of the zone option and pace of the Oregon attack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diehard View Post
                  Which one of those guys brings the pass rush we need inside? There are a lot of big, solid bodies there but I'm not convinced that's what we need. Worthy is the obvious fit but he's inconsistent. Brockers has big potential, but probably goes before we pick.

Maybe I'm selling some of these guys short, but it seems like we're overvaluing them simply because the talent pool is weaker this time around.
                  I'm not convinced any of the ones I mentioned are future stars either, but I'm also not sold on the available corners, Alfonzo Dennard or Janoris Jenkins. Or Vontaze Burfict at ILB.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

• Del Rio is a fine hire. He's a guy who's seen the benefit of impact DT play during his career as a coach... maybe he can convince the rest of the gang to put some significant resources into that position.

Comment

• Broncos Draft

Interesting article from the DP:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19822111

More specifics about their draft board than I've seen in the past.

The missing piece is how they come up with the combined board from the within-position ranks provided by the scouts.

Comment

• Camp fodder

Some minor adds:

OG C.J. Davis

https://twitter.com/#%21/RavensInsid...09187764158464

WR Jason Hill

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...on-hill/12179/

Comment

• Jason Hill might be a nice, under-the-radar addition.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

• Originally posted by jCut View Post
                            Jason Hill might be a nice, under-the-radar addition.
                            He's got talent, but he's had problems with dropped passes... hmm, that seems like a rather familiar story.

Comment

• Manny looked terrible yesterday. If course he was goin up against probably the hottest defensive player in the league atm.

Mike adams had a bad day.

Comment

• rahim moore has been really solid so far this year. mike mostly up and down.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information