X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Broncos/Patriots preview is up on NEPatriotsDraft:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...tml#more-20745

I'm pretty nervous about this game, mostly because of New England's lack of healthy receivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Jones View Post
      My Broncos/Patriots preview is up on NEPatriotsDraft:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...tml#more-20745

I'm pretty nervous about this game, mostly because of New England's lack of healthy receivers.
      and healthy TEs and S's.
      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
        we can't cover anyone you decide to play at TE, i wouldn't worry about it. and we probably can't stop ridley.

so as long as the entire playbook doesn't consist of 'get woodhead the ball, whatever it takes' again, you'll probably be fine.
        Come on, particulrly as a Broncos fan you should never under estimate the lunacy of Josh McDaniels

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

• Whatever happened to Nate Irving? I was a big fan of his coming out. But I haven't heard much from him at all so far in his NFL career.

Comment

• Maybe there is no longer a one week exemption, or maybe they wanted to try to sneak King back onto the PS, but Tavarres King was cut to make room for Von Miller on the 53 man roster.

Comment

• Yes. Let's give ronnie ******* HILLMAN the ball with 3 minutes left at the two yard line while we're down by 10. WHAT HE HELL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                Yes. Let's give ronnie ******* HILLMAN the ball with 3 minutes left at the two yard line while we're down by 10. WHAT HE HELL.
                Yes, it wasn't exactly wisdom in action... especially when he looked to have a poor handle on the ball on an earlier run as well.

Manning's head wasn't in the game and his arm looked off as well. That miserable old **** Irsay probably deserves some credit for that. Holliday was in self-destruct mode again... but we've known for a while he was a double-edge sword. Throw in a patchwork OL and injuries of defense and there's plenty of blame to go around.

We'll see how they respond.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                  manning was atrocious early. we can't dig a hole that deep and expect to climb out in the 4th quarter, hillman being garbage or not.

champ needs to just be done. he's detrimental every time he's in the game.

did von play today? i must've missed him doing anything of value.

all that said, i'm not even mad about losing. i'd be terrified of this team if they'd run the regular season table.
                  Von made some nice plays in the run game, but was fairly silent in the pass rushing game.

Early, we just didn't execute at all on offense. Manning missed D.Thomas on three separate occasions, it was rough. The 3rd and 1 run stuffs. Ugh.
                  Also, the 4th and like inch early, heck I'd go for it. If you can't get an inch, then just give them a field goal anyways.
                  I also think Fox maybe should've looked at challenging the potential Decker incomplete/TD, maybe he would've gotten lucky on that.

The injuries on the OL are really starting to hurt now, and honestly, why even run Hillman in that situation. Moreno barely got in from the 1, and you expect Hillman to get in from the 2?

Comment

• I actually think most of this is on the oline. They were garbage all night. Any QB that is feeling pressure constantly (from the edges and up the middle) is going to miss throws, adding in not getting the third and 1s is mostly on them and the sack fumble. Losing two starting tackles is probably a bit too much to expect to easily overcome.

Clearly matters werent helped by Holliday's fumble that led to a TD and Hillman (he should be left on the sideline until next season or straight up cut).

Sure the def is not very good (Woodyard will help), but I actually think the def played well enough tonight (the off just kept putting them in the sh*t).

Comment

• Originally posted by Diehard
                      Agreed - the back seven need the help more. MLB, S, CB... all need to be addressed before DE.
                      Here's a question for you all. How much of the secondary issues would you attribute to our opponents simply being forced to pass the ball at a much higher volume? I'm obviously not looking to ignore defensive ineptitude, but I feel like we gave up a lot of garbage time yardage and were simply dealt with a lot more pass plays than the average team due to our offensive efficiency.

We had the 6th most passes thrown against us, but finished 16th in the league in yards per play (tied with 3 teams). That's somewhat encouraging.

Again, we gave up the 4th most first downs in the league, but had the 15th best first down percentage in the league. This again points to sheer volume of passing plays against us due to big leads - and not so much a huge defensive ineptitude.

While I'm all for shoring up the secondary, it's inevitable that we're not going to have a "good" passing defense on paper with a QB this good. The difference between our yards passing per game allowed and a top 10 defenses' is about 25 per game, and that's going to be EASILY covered in garbage time during at least 10 games a year until Peyton retires.

I wonder whether it's really possible to have an elite pass defense with a QB like Peyton. I think you have to almost bite the bullet and say, "Hey, this is what you get for having a H.O.F. QB in this era."

I'll say that this was statistical analysis and not an evaluation of individual performance. We'll obviously be able to point to individual players and demand improvement. But I'd still say that these players get a raw deal playing with P.M.
                      Last edited by Jimmy; 01-02-2014, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• *shrug* the players have looked awful. stats can't hide that chris harris can't cover a toddler in a sandbox, that champ looks senile, our safeties are slower than vince wilfork and that our defensive gameplan is horrific.

i get what you're saying, but it's just not borne out by what i see on the field.

Comment

• Denver gave up the 3rd fewest passing yards in the league last season, and that was with Manning at QB as well. They just weren't good defensively this year, for a variety of reasons. Von basically taking the year off certainly hurt, as Denver dropped from being tied for 1st last year in sacks with 52 to being 14th this year with 41, champ being a shell of his former self etc

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9 View Post
                            *shrug* the players have looked awful. stats can't hide that chris harris can't cover a toddler in a sandbox, that champ looks senile, our safeties are slower than vince wilfork and that our defensive gameplan is horrific.

i get what you're saying, but it's just not borne out by what i see on the field.
                            I'll say that at during his rookie season, Harris was a competent player. I don't know what happened between that point and now, but it's either injury related, or scheme related. And I find it hard to blame a guy for playing like **** in a garbage scheme. Maybe he's just being asked to do more than he previously was, but he sure was useful back in 2011.

Originally posted by crossroads View Post
                            Denver gave up the 3rd fewest passing yards in the league last season, and that was with Manning at QB as well. They just weren't good defensively this year, for a variety of reasons. Von basically taking the year off certainly hurt, as Denver dropped from being tied for 1st last year in sacks with 52 to being 14th this year with 41, champ being a shell of his former self etc
                            valid point, I think it must come back to not having that 1B pass rush pressure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                              I'll say that at during his rookie season, Harris was a competent player. I don't know what happened between that point and now, but it's either injury related, or scheme related. And I find it hard to blame a guy for playing like **** in a garbage scheme. Maybe he's just being asked to do more than he previously was, but he sure was useful back in 2011.
                              he was great last year. anyone he was on was basically taken out of the game. this year he's just getting beat. and i don't feel like it's even been a pass rush issue (though i agree with both of you that that has stunk). i haven't kept a count or anything, but it feels like there are a lot of 2-3 second completions against him, and a lot of double moves where he's just getting killed. that said, JDR's 'pretend to play a wide, prevent but don't actually cover anyone' defensive scheme can't be helping. i have no idea what he's calling half of the time, but he should really throw out a few of those pages in the playbook.

Comment

• Hester anyone? Has to be a better punt return option than anyone else we have.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information