Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i saw it coming. the guy, for whatever reason this year, was completely unable to respond to any kind of pressure. too bad for him, but hopefully NFL teams are as backwards as NFLDC users and we can get something for him.

I do not think I understand your comment regarding NFLDC users being backwards - care to elaborate?

Comment

• Originally posted by M
      i saw it coming. the guy, for whatever reason this year, was completely unable to respond to any kind of pressure. too bad for him, but hopefully NFL teams are as backwards as NFLDC users and we can get something for him.

I do not think I understand your comment regarding NFLDC users being backwards - care to elaborate?
      People thinking Plummer is actually good, and we might have actually made the playoffs with him. IMO if Plummer stays in, Denver finishes 8-8, no playoffs.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisCybulski
        Originally posted by M
        i saw it coming. the guy, for whatever reason this year, was completely unable to respond to any kind of pressure. too bad for him, but hopefully NFL teams are as backwards as NFLDC users and we can get something for him.

People thinking Plummer is actually good, and we might have actually made the playoffs with him. IMO if Plummer stays in, Denver finishes 8-8, no playoffs.
        Jake Plummer sucks. I saw a couple of games and he was horrid. Bad decision making. Cutler actually played better and promises to get better as time goes on. IMO plummer should go to houston and reunite with kubiak, he had his best year of his career under kubiak last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by M
          people on this board seem to believe this team was much better with plummer in. this is demonstratably not true. thus, i hope that their respective team owners feel the same way (backwards) about jake plummer so that come April, we can trade him for something of much higher value.

Comment

• Clarification

Thank you for clarification.

One can only hope that a 2rd round offer for Plummer will be available. I am not optomistic however that he will go for that high. Personlly, I would take LenDale White for Plummer in a heartbeat. I believe that in our system he would be a very effective runner.

Comment

• i wouldn't mind that, although realistically, i'd take a 4th or 5th for him just to get him off salary (5.3, 4.8 and 5.8 million over the next three seasons).

Comment

• Realistically, you will not get more than a 4th for him. Kubiac might give us a 6th is what I am hearing.

Comment

• Originally posted by M
                  Realistically, you will not get more than a 4th for him. Kubiac might give us a 6th is what I am hearing.
                  Hm. I wonder... how demoralizing is it for a player to be in trade talks for a sixth or seventh rounder? Or "possibly" a fourth rounder but not "worth" a 3rd rounder lol.

Man... I Don't know what is more important to address right away in the draft or FA... OLine or DLine...

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

• i have to believe it's the d-line. the o-line can probably survive another year (i'm assuming lepsis will be able to play next year) while it develops a younger guy. the d-line needs talent three years ago.

Comment

• draft

Now we are finally talking about the draft great!

I want to know what the analytical minds out there think we will do in the first 2 rounds? People let your voices be heard. I was greatly impressed with the braintrust that picked last year. I think the pretrading moves, and moves during the draft were very skilled. Personally I think it was Shanahans best draft and, as it played out on the field, it looked like it was he best draft since he has been in Denver. How do you follow that up - I want you to speculate.

Tell me you best draft guess, and of course what will do with Washington or Atlanta this year as every year we seem to get involved somehow with them? Take some time and impress us with your insights.

For examply we trade Plummer Tatum and Lynch in a package deal to get a second round draft pick this year or Sean Taylor (the nickle headed all world safety). Tell me about why you are thinking that trade of Tatum Bell and Mike Bell for LenDale White would make sense and could happen (I know I am very high on this kid).

Personally, I think this could be the year Shanahan finally takes a RB in the first round (if only Bush would drop that far to us) and a DE in round 2 (as I think we are picking up a FA O-lineman with the money we have from trading / releasing Plummer.

Tell us your thoughts?

Comment

• i buy bush falling past us actually, and in all honesty, i tend to agree about the RB. however, i think the needs on both lines are MUCH higher, as much as tatum's ineffectiveness (in whatever form, i know i'm generalizing) pained me all year.

as soon as lepsis went down, it became clear our line, well, needed some help. foster was pretty clearly (to me, at least) not capable of starting at RT for us. in any way. pears, who may be good some day, was just bad this year. somehow, somewhere, we have to address this position.

our d-line was terrible. dumervil looked grea,t but he just didn't seem to get there enough for me (due to playing time as well). we need someone to make plays on the d-line and we just didn't have it this year.

moving past the first day, i think DB depth is a need (but i think it would be stupid to try to fill it before round 3, and preferably not till round 5) as is LB depth. i was completely unimpressed by webster. WR depth would be nice, but i don't believe it's a dire need. if plummer's gone, clearly a back-up QB is also needed, and while i'd prefer a veteran, it might be cheaper to grab a 6th or 7th round guy to do it. and don't talk to me about bringing back BVP, the guy was terrible.

Comment

• Wide Receiver is a day one need.

Smith is on the verge of retirement.

What if Walker or Marshall go down?

We have three receivers; one of them who is destined for a walker at the end of this season. The rest are all returners.

It may not be a round one need; but it's first day.

If the Broncos decided to take a receiver in round one; I probably wouldn't be surprised or mad. It'd depend on who is there.

The defensive line needs a pass rusher.

We need a stud RB; if Lynch was somehow within the range of us getting him, I'd be so happy. Even if it means we trade our second or early third.

We need an offensive tackle for the future; at least a depth player.

We need a defensive back. The Broncos love Cox and Abdullah; and with Ferguson and Brandon being healthy next year; I don't think we'll spend more than a late-first day selection on a safety.

An additional receiver would be nice.

Four picks on the first day; five "pressing" needs.

One of them will have to wait; or two; if we double dip. However; these needs or some will be met in FA; I hope.
                          Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

• or shanny will get someone to take plummer/bell for some obscene pick they're not worth.

EDIT: i think we can fill WR later in the draft or by picking up some older veteran guys. i just hate to think about spending a pick on a guy who will take a few years to develop (then again, marshall is a pretty solid counter example).

Comment

• I think we should go DT in the first, unless Lynch is there. A guy like Okoye or Tyler or especially Dorsey would stop us from getting gashed by good RBs, as well as provide solid pressure up the middle. I really like Dorsey, he could be the next Tommie Harris. 2nd round, maybe then we pull the trigger on a RB.

I was thinking with one of the thirds, maybe Marcus Thomas? He's a first round talent, but obviously he has character concerns. He's a good pass rusher, so if we pick up a run stopping DT he can also be used.

We could probably address safety in day 1 as well.

Or swindle Dan Snyder and Matt Millen by doing the trade I proposed in the draft forum, in the #2 pick thread, and the Triple X radio thread.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
                                or shanny will get someone to take plummer/bell for some obscene pick they're not worth.

EDIT: i think we can fill WR later in the draft or by picking up some older veteran guys. i just hate to think about spending a pick on a guy who will take a few years to develop (then again, marshall is a pretty solid counter example).
                                The receivers just needed a chance and with Rod on the verge of retirement people will get that chance.

Rod has been slowing down for about 3 years but has got by on name basis.

The Broncos are going to need someone when Rod retires so why not add a younger kid to the mix?

I'd like a proven FA too; but that'll either push Rod or Brandon back. A younger player learns from Javon and Rod; which should help and has the luxury of learning the system and making an impact on special teams, returning, etc. and getting worked into the game plan slowly.

It's worth a look. . .
                                Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information