Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• certainly good points. i need to look into the guys available a bit more. maybe i'm just a bit trigger shy after lelie.

what's the deal with hixon? any word on whether they like him or not? i don't think guys like devoe or adams are good for anything more than depth anymore, but i remember a lot of guys being high on him.

Comment

• Hixon's an ideal #4 receiver and would be great in four wide sets; but to think that he has much receiving potential outside that is rather foolish.
      Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

• What would you guys think of taking Brandon Mebane in the late 2nd to 3rd round range?

Comment

• okay, so assuming the top 15 are all gone, what player would you like to see denver take?

I would like to see us (the broncos) draft a right tackle, Defensive tackle or end, a running back, wide reciever, backup qb, and safety, we also need depth at corner. we have a lot of needs to fill. Having that said, realisticly, i would love to snatch Jake Long, because michigan runs zone blocking, and i dont like foster. Unfortunatly, he is staying in school. Are there any other players like long out there? Is it really true that erik pears played badly this year? i thought he was playing well...

I also want to adress the center position, i think once eslinger stays healthy, he could be the next nalen. (stretch) He was almost as good as nick mangold in college at Minny, and he has all the technique to be a great one. Oppinions?

do we need to replace either bells at running back? you could argue that if tatum had played more games he could have been a 1400 yard back.

Comment

• Good points by everyone.

I disagree w/WR being a day one pick. I'd rather pick up a veteran receiver thru FA than a WR thru the draft. OTOH, both lines have to be addressed immediately imo. Our running inconsistencies weren't ALL on the Bells... the OLine was pretty bad too (hopefully Lepsis' return will help greatly). Also, our DLine was a 3 quarter DLine. They were too exhausted in the fourth and could apply no pressure. Also, uncharacteristically they became too tired against the running game as well.

In addition, one thing someone hasn't mentioned is... punter. I said in the beginning that getting rid of Sauerbrun was a mistake. It turned out to be true. Ernster was HORRIBLE. He has one hell of a weak leg during kickoffs.

Also, with Elam getting old, would it be worth giving Crosby a look late second or early third?

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

• Originally posted by Namy
              Good points by everyone.

I disagree w/WR being a day one pick. I'd rather pick up a veteran receiver thru FA than a WR thru the draft. OTOH, both lines have to be addressed immediately imo. Our running inconsistencies weren't ALL on the Bells... the OLine was pretty bad too (hopefully Lepsis' return will help greatly). Also, our DLine was a 3 quarter DLine. They were too exhausted in the fourth and could apply no pressure. Also, uncharacteristically they became too tired against the running game as well.

In addition, one thing someone hasn't mentioned is... punter. I said in the beginning that getting rid of Sauerbrun was a mistake. It turned out to be true. Ernster was HORRIBLE. He has one hell of a weak leg during kickoffs.

Also, with Elam getting old, would it be worth giving Crosby a look late second or early third?
              i'd say yeah its worth it, we havent seen someone with his leg since sea-bass

Comment

• i LOVE mason. seriously. he was the only thing that kept my alma mater relevant this year. but i don't like the pick.

sauerbrun's still a FA, and i'm sure there are some other guys we could bring in during training camp, i just hate to piss away draft picks on kickers (otoh, if elam were really done, i'd have a different opinion).

on pears: he was terrible. granted he's young and can get better, but nothing in his play indicated to me that he could be a starting LT in the league.

tatum turned the ball over too much and i'm just not sold on mike. i think the fact that i even agree that rb should be a first round consideration speaks to the relative quality of our players right now. and just because i haven't said it yet, yes, i would really like to get lynch. if he's there... well, he's the only guy i wouldn't be pissed at denver for drafting over d-line (at least, who's projected to be in our range).

and i wasn't ever high on hixon, but from other opinions, he sounded like a major steal (odd given that he's been PS'ed all year).

Comment

• i really think reciever is pretty set. David kircus could be an excellent slot (shannahan has said hes the fastest WR on the team). And at this point i would actually perfer Rod to retire, because come next year Marshall is gonna be well deserving of the #2 spot, and a fourth string WR really isnt a first day need.

Sig byDLS42

Comment

• Originally posted by elway777
                    What would you guys think of taking Brandon Mebane in the late 2nd to 3rd round range?
                    I have him rated higher than Scott; I'd love the pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris
                      Originally posted by elway777
                      What would you guys think of taking Brandon Mebane in the late 2nd to 3rd round range?
                      I have him rated higher than Scott; I'd love the pick.
                      Me too (see sig). I think his game would translate best as an under-tackle in a Tampa 2 style defense though.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Drafting a wide receiver can help now and for the future; that's the whole point of using a day one selection on a kid. Contribute in our big packages, and hopefully can help on special teams.

Outside Walker; what proven young talent do we have? Really?

When Rod retires; do we look for a rookie then? No. You get ahead of the game and eliminate a future need right away; and it wouldn't be at the expense of other needs.

If you bring in a FA that's fine too; but I'd rather bring in a young kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                          Me too (see sig). I think his game would translate best as an under-tackle in a Tampa 2 style defense though.
                          At this point; the Broncos just need a defensive tackle who can penetrate the pocket and Mebane has proven the ability to do that. I think our lineman are really inhibited by Coyer's defensive schemes; but they are still a weak crop overall.

Comment

• Comment

• Chris,NJX, do you think Elvis Dumervil will always be a strict pass rusher only type of player?

Im asking because nearly half of his tackles came off sacks, and from what I saw this year he really struggled to shed tackles and stop the run.

Comment

• *shrug* i'm not sure he'll ever be an every down player, but then, this was his rookie year, i'm certainly not ruling it out. personally, i like him a lot as a rotational guy, but i don't think i like him as a starter right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information