This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Denver Mock

I know some people don't think WR is a day one need. But to be able to get a PR / KR and a solid WR in one guy, is hard to pass up on. I can only imagine Cutler's arm, and this guy on the same team. He would be a perfect fit for us.

We need a pass rush, this guy is good. enough said really. Although, its wishful thinking he will drop this far to be honest. but I can hope =)

Good DT, solid pick up for us here.

Off the field issues causes him to drop this low. Talent wise he should be a first rounder, however despite character issues, our need at saftey is good enough to grab a first round talent with this pick.

Comment

• hey, great picks

i think that ginn would be the perfect fit and i hope shanahan adresses or KR needs although morgan picked up the slack the last 2 weeks. i dont think we would use a top 25 pick as a kick returner, thats just me.

also, shanahan hates off the field problems, and i garuntee with the williams issue, he stays away from any of it

Comment

• ginn won't be there, someone will fall in love with the athleticism and take him well before they should.

and didn't we learn from the last guy we drafted just becasue he was fast? assuming he plays football, i'd rather get samardzija there.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
          ginn won't be there, someone will fall in love with the athleticism and take him well before they should.

and didn't we learn from the last guy we drafted just becasue he was fast? assuming he plays football, i'd rather get samardzija there.
          yes but this fast guy can KR/PR 8)

Comment

• If you wish to watch his Funeral, its on live feed thru many tv stations in denver, here is the one i am using now

http://kcnc.dayport.com/viewer/viewe...&Category_ID=5

so sad someone has to go like he did, almost gone thru a whole box of kleenex already

Comment

ginn won't be there, someone will fall in love with the athleticism and take him well before they should.

Hell NO!

Sorry, don't mean to sound blunt, but he's one of the most overrated receivers imo. He's not a good blocker and he's slow. He's not that great of a WR period... he just gets a lot of recognition for playing on ND and with Quinn. He's not horrible, but he's not a WR you want to pick up in the first round. He's gonna be someone like that Browns' WR (Jarikevicious [sp?]) at BEST.

If we get a RB, I petition for Bush over Lynch. Bush is a better RB when healthy and he will slip b/c he hasn't played this year. Also, Lynch I feel is a big beneficiary of Cal's offense. Look at the past two top picks from that school.... Aaron Rodgers and JJ Arrington... Lynch is better than Arrington but I still don't think he is THAT great.

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

• thought

Antonio Pittman will likely come out early.
                http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls0...t&lid=tab2pos1
                Small but fast (first day)

I am also interested in Tony Hunt for a big bruising back.
                http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=152310
                Not fast but efficient, hits the hole and falls forward (first day)

As we know Shanahan has never taken a RB in 1st round. Last year he stated that if he had not been able to draft up for Cutler, he would have taken Lawrence Maroney at the 15 spot (obviously a kid with a great future in the NFL that ran in a zone blocking scheme at Minn.). While we sit here and speculate we all saw that with the game on the line, or even in the 4th, Tatum was not in the lineup. That means that Shanahan has no faith in him! That means that unless you think he is going to go with Mike Bell as an opening day starter next year, something will be done. I still like Tatum as a change of pace back in the 2nd half. But that is all I see him as on this team. Think trade or draft but something has to happen here judging by Shanahan. Remember in the SF game we were inside the 5 with 1st and goal 3 times. That will eat at Shanahan this offseason.

I would take Bush in a heartbeat over Lynch (same speed 35 lbs of size to take the wear of a #1 in our system.

Comment

• J. Wilson will rise to an early 2nd talent, but i think if tdenver sees him there with that 3rd pick we will grab him, mayube even 2nd

plus he played with foxworth which cant hurt

i hate to say this is a replacement for darrent williams, because it isnt. i think that regardless of his death we would look at a cb. Wilson would also be a threat in situational dime packages as a pass rush

Comment

• Jamaal Anderson declared at DE; this class is sick.

We can't miss.
                    Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

• There one free agent I really want

Alex Gibbs!

Heard ATL let him go with the Jim Mora firing. Our O-line sucked hardcore this year, Gibbs is the answer!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CT Bronco Fan
                        There one free agent I really want

Alex Gibbs!

Heard ATL let him go with the Jim Mora firing. Our O-line sucked hardcore this year, Gibbs is the answer!!
                        that would be sick. i also want kubiak back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namy
                          Originally posted by njx9

Hell NO!

Sorry, don't mean to sound blunt, but he's one of the most overrated receivers imo. He's not a good blocker and he's slow. He's not that great of a WR period... he just gets a lot of recognition for playing on ND and with Quinn. He's not horrible, but he's not a WR you want to pick up in the first round. He's gonna be someone like that Browns' WR (Jarikevicious [sp?]) at BEST.
                          and yet he's still a much more polished player than ginn is. i'll take a top notch route runner at WR over a guy who really, is just fast, any day of the week. *shrug* then again, i still hate the idea of a first round wr.

Comment

• Originally posted by CT Bronco Fan
                            There one free agent I really want

Alex Gibbs!

i don't like it. atlanta's offensive line hasn't exactly been good lately, and gibbs schemes encourage a lack of pass blocking skill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy
                              J. Wilson will rise to an early 2nd talent, but i think if tdenver sees him there with that 3rd pick we will grab him, mayube even 2nd

i hate to say this is a replacement for darrent williams, because it isnt. i think that regardless of his death we would look at a cb. Wilson would also be a threat in situational dime packages as a pass rush
                              we have no business addressing DB that early. if we need warm bodies, there's free agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy
                                J. Wilson will rise to an early 2nd talent, but i think if tdenver sees him there with that 3rd pick we will grab him, mayube even 2nd

we have no business addressing DB that early. if we need warm bodies, there's free agency.
                                still if a talent like wilson falls that far, you have to at least take a glance in his direction. You are right, we definatly have bigger needs on the line, and CB isnt a priority, but i think we can afford to use a first day pic to grab a player of his quality if he by chance fell that far. I would also say the same thing about a great linebacker like timmons, or everett, because even though its clearly our best position, depth never hurt. i guess im a fan of depth. me, i really care the most if wether or not we get a good lineman (OT or DT)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information